[1.4.1] Kerbal Construction Time 1.4.0.69 (2018-03-24) - Unrapid Planned Assembly

magico13

In the VAB in the KCT dialog the bottom button is "Part Inventory."

I have another issue with inventory, namely certain parachutes are more plentiful than rabbits in heat.

Probodobodyne OKTO 1

Mk1 Command Pod 2

Modular Girder Segment 17

RealChute Radial Chute 810400

Mk-R Radial-Mount Parachute 909198

RealChute Cone Chute 1735596

Mk16 Parachute 976598

In the VAB in the KCT dialog the bottom button is "Part Inventory."

I have another issue with inventory, namely certain parachutes are more plentiful than rabbits in heat.

Probodobodyne OKTO 1

Mk1 Command Pod 2

Modular Girder Segment 17

RealChute Radial Chute 810400

Mk-R Radial-Mount Parachute 909198

RealChute Cone Chute 1735596

Mk16 Parachute 976598

Ok i found the invetory... :D

1.) but then i found out I have an ridiculus ammount of parachutes?

I had realchutes installed for a while, could this be the problem?

http://i.imgur.com/c67DNLB.png

For any chutes that are built procedurally (such as for RealChutes), the parts are stored based on 100x their cost. Here's what magico13 said:

RealChutes are a procedural part, so they get stored in the inventory the same way all procedural parts do: at 100 times their cost. Check out this github issue to see the past discussion on the topic.
2.) how do I store planes for refueling?

Oooh, sweet. I can answer this one with a quote, too!

Already exists. Quick save, then open the KCT window while landed on Kerbin. Click "recover to storage" in either the VAB or SPH tab. That code can frequently have issues, especially if the craft is damaged, so definitely keep that quick save until you're sure the vessel was recovered properly (by editing it). If you recover to the SPH, you'll have to edit the vessel and flip it so it faces forward.

Would a change away from 0 cost procedural parts avoid that issue? I wonder if it would be relatively simple to change the procedural cost from (0+calculated_amount) to (nominal_value+-calculated_deviation). The final cost would be the same but for mods (such as this) that have to fallback to the static value it would at least be close.

Hi, i'm having a issue, when i press "simulation" instead of "build craft" in the VAB, i get no window to pick the simulation, and i can't do anything but kill KSP to desktop.

Any idea what can it be? I'm using the recent release of RSS+RO.

http://i.imgur.com/aR0aRsU.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/GsP18o0.jpg

Edited by RickKermen

Does anyone know the best way to do this? I am having my SPH build SRBs to be used later for my rockets built in the VAB (just to speed things up a little and not waste production capacity). What is the best way to put the SRBs in inventory? Put them on the runway and immediately recover them or did I miss something?

Thanks!

EDIT: After reading the instructions (I feel less manly just saying that), it looks like using the scrap button after construction puts them directly into inventory.

Edited by Probus

Would a change away from 0 cost procedural parts avoid that issue? I wonder if it would be relatively simple to change the procedural cost from (0+calculated_amount) to (nominal_value+-calculated_deviation). The final cost would be the same but for mods (such as this) that have to fallback to the static value it would at least be close.

It's more of a design decision than a bug. Prior to that, procedural parts were stored like everything else (integer amounts and by part name) but the build times were still cost based, which meant you could build a tiny fuel tank, recover it, then build a huge fuel tank and it would still act like it was in the inventory. That's obviously not good. Without totally rewriting the inventory system (which is just a dictionary of part names and integer quantities), and since build times are cost based, I decided to store procedural parts as 100x their cost (which gives two decimals of precision). Essentially just the material is stored in the inventory, rather than complete parts, which gives you a lot of freedom. To make sure that procedural parts aren't then too powerful, they only have 1/10 of the inventory effect applied to them (which means build times are about 1/3 as long instead of 1/10).

It isn't an ideal system, but procedural parts make things difficult. As does TweakScale, which is also handled separately. In the future I might do a further breakdown where you can either store a procedural part as-is, or you can choose to break it into it's material components to use in different sized parts, which is the best of both worlds.

Hi, i'm having a issue, when i press "simulation" instead of "build craft" in the VAB, i get no window to pick the simulation, and i can't do anything but kill KSP to desktop.

Any idea what can it be? I'm using the recent release of RSS+RO.

I'm assuming you're in sandbox mode? It might be trying to access the Funding instance which doesn't exist in sandbox. If you can get me a log file it might reveal more. It should be a pretty simple fix, I'm just not 100% sure what's the cause.

You might be able to clear the input locks (Alt-F12 to open the debug menu, then press "Clear Input Locks") and that might let you exit without having to force close. But it also might reapply the locks right away or might cause the GUI to not disappear like it should.

E: I wonder if RSS or RO actually change the name of the bodies, in which case it could definitely cause some issues.

Edited by magico13

E: I wonder if RSS or RO actually change the name of the bodies, in which case it could definitely cause some issues.

I'm having the same problem. RSS definitely changes body names. Is there any way to work around this? E.g. changing some file?

Cheers

I'm assuming you're in sandbox mode? It might be trying to access the Funding instance which doesn't exist in sandbox. If you can get me a log file it might reveal more. It should be a pretty simple fix, I'm just not 100% sure what's the cause.

You might be able to clear the input locks (Alt-F12 to open the debug menu, then press "Clear Input Locks") and that might let you exit without having to force close. But it also might reapply the locks right away or might cause the GUI to not disappear like it should.

Career mode, RSS change all planet names, it might be it indeed. "This mod will convert the Kerbol System into the (Real) Solar System."

I hope there is a fix for it :), your mod for me is a must have, can't really play without it any longer, ty.

RSS used to still keep the planet names, so using "Kerbin" still worked for Earth. I'll get a fix out tonight :) but until then there's not much you can do to fix it.

Yes you are correct, now it as switched to Kopernicus and that allows real planet names. Great news it wil have a fix :), ty.

RSS fix should be up, with a few other features that I had been working on as well. It didn't go through an extensive testing period, but it was mostly bug fixes anyway. Let me know if you find any issues in 1.1.8 and if so I'll get a new update out to correct them :)

Most of the work I've been doing has been in the Presets branch and isn't ready for public consumption yet (unless you like GUIs that are missing two thirds of the content needed for them the be remotely functional and settings that don't actually change anything ;) )

Hi All,

I'm getting a rather strange problem when I try to upgrade a KSC building (specifically the Astronaut complex).

I'm running a lot of mods, so I'm just checking to see if anyone else has seen the problem before I investigate further. Here's what happens:

I hit the upgrade button, and then suddenly I'm super rich - the funds meter at the top of the screen keeps going up for ages. Looking in the save file it seems to increase my funds by a factor of 1000.

Worse than this, I keep getting a message saying that the building is already upgrading. When it gets to the end of the upgrade time it doesn't complete the upgrade, but rather starts it again (ad infinitum). Looking into the save file I can see in the KCT section that the upgrade is there, the only thing suspicious is that it seems to be upgrading from -1 to 0 (rather than 0 to 0.5).

Some testing:

It doesn't happen with instant KSC upgrades enable.

It does happen from level 2 -> 3 upgrades

It does happen for all buildings (thought it might be a clash with a mod that modifies astronaut complex behavior).

Anyone else getting this problem? Like I said I've got a lot of mods installed (CKAN says 110) so I'm sure it's just a clash with another mod, but just wanted to check.

I'd like to see how much time it takes for the rocket to roll out before I actually press the roll out button, so I can calculate more calmly on when I start rolling out. Probably an ET popup when I hover over the roll out button would be good.

Anyone else getting this problem? Like I said I've got a lot of mods installed (CKAN says 110) so I'm sure it's just a clash with another mod, but just wanted to check.

I've seen it reported at least once before, but haven't gotten enough info to pin down anything. KCT has a kinda weird way of handling KSC upgrades and I might actually change it since I can imagine some other cases where the current method would cause issues.

Right now KCT waits until a building is upgraded, then downgrades the building and applies the timer. Unfortunately, downgrading a building triggers the building "upgrade" event, but there's a workaround in place to prevent it from then further downgrading. Apparently, something somewhere breaks that workaround. I might instead override the upgrade buttons to call my own function, which will be incompatible with any other mods that do that (none that I know of right now, but the overriding of the Launch button has caused an issue or two in the past).

I'd like to see how much time it takes for the rocket to roll out before I actually press the roll out button, so I can calculate more calmly on when I start rolling out. Probably an ET popup when I hover over the roll out button would be good.

Good idea! Not sure how easy it is to add a popup tooltip (without switching over to TriggerAu's Plugin Framework) but it should be doable. I might try to switch over to that framework at some point anyway. I'll add an issue on GitHub to remind me to at least do the tooltip.

Got a couple of ideas that might fit in with KCT.

Adding a timed delay for transferring kerbals from one IVA to another and also for EVA simulating the time it would take to move from one ship part to another or to put on a space suit.

I had this bug but for me it was related to Kopernicus. Removing that seemed to work for me, specifically it was an older version of Gerbal Galaxy

I have kerbol plus, which includes Kopernicus, so imagine that coudl be it (not tested yet).

Even with build time for KSC upgrades turned off the problem persists in that upgrade don't actually happen (but the funds bug does not appear).

Looking at the KCT code it is the FacilityUpgradedEvent that keeps getting called (in the case of instant upgrades being disabled) because the line:

KCT_Utilities.AddFunds(listBuilding.cost, TransactionReasons.None);

Must be the one that is causing the funding to keep going up.

Note sure why Kopernicus would interfere with this though! I'll try uninstalling Kopernicus to confirm.

I can see how the alternative of overriding the upgrade button would be more 'invasive', but maybe a more elegant solution. Just to check it's nothing to do with KSP storing upgrade levels as 0.5 instead of whole numbers (I presume not as you record the upgrade info in a KCT specific object)?

- - - Updated - - -

Note sure why Kopernicus would interfere with this though! I'll try uninstalling Kopernicus to confirm.

Quoting myself, sign of madness?

Anyway I can confirm Kopernicus seems to be the source of this particular clash - upgrading works fine without it. I've had a quick scan of the Kopernicus code, but it's too clever for me, I will ask on that thread and see if anyone has an idea what might be causing it.

Adding a timed delay for transferring kerbals from one IVA to another and also for EVA simulating the time it would take to move from one ship part to another or to put on a space suit.

Hmm. An interesting idea. Not sure if it makes sense to be part of KCT proper, but could be a modlet that becomes part of the whole Space-Time Continuum modset.

Anyway I can confirm Kopernicus seems to be the source of this particular clash - upgrading works fine without it. I've had a quick scan of the Kopernicus code, but it's too clever for me, I will ask on that thread and see if anyone has an idea what might be causing it.

Hmm. It is strange that Kopernicus would cause that, but thank you for taking the time to figure that out. Definitely helps me to test possible fixes.

Has anyone tried KCT with 1.0.3 yet? I'm about to try it myself but figured you all would notice issues before I do :)

Just so you know the IVA delay is done in ShipManifest.

Starting a new career game seems to set all buildings to fully upgraded, and gives an error loading KCT data. This is with a lot of other incompatible mods though.

Are you trying this with the 64bit community work around? I played around with that for a while and it throws KCT errors on load.

Did you try scene switching? Going into the VAB and then back to KSC?