[1.4.1] Kerbal Construction Time 1.4.0.69 (2018-03-24) - Unrapid Planned Assembly

magico13

Magico, was wondering if there would be any way to show the tech research being done in KCT & on deck/in queue and such from the R&D Screen?

I started a GitHub issue for this. I'm not sure how easy it would be to do, but I'd like to see if I can get timers on/near the nodes in the R&D GUI and maybe add some additional buttons when you select a node to cancel research/change priority/etc. I could also add timers for nodes that aren't unlocked to show how long they should take.

It might have to wait until after 1.1, since all the GUI things are being redone and I don't want to have to implement all that and then redo it in a month or two :P

It would be really neat if, during the rollout, you could actually see the ship being rolled out.

I've thought about putting the ship out on the launchpad when you rollout, or at least when it says "on the pad". With the new multiple launchpads feature (I need to finish that still. It works, but I noticed an issue with loading existing saves that I haven't taken a look at yet) that might be more difficult to do. I have no idea how I'd actually implement that, but the SpawnVessel code from Contract Configurator might work for it. I'll add it on GitHub, cause it would be really cool to do, but a bit of a logistical problem.

Sir,

Your mod instructed me to post my log file for you to look at, because apparently my career is unplayable in its current state. Have you any feedback?

My log is here.

:(

[be warned, there're a LOT of mods installed. Linux-64.]

Edited by MisterFister

how about a setting where it would always be visible in the space center?

It should be set up so that if you leave the window open when you leave the space center, it will be open when you come back. It might also depend on if it's open in the tracking station and/or flight, I'd have to double check (I think the state is synced in the tracking station, but it shouldn't be in flight). Otherwise if you click on the launchpad or the runway it should open up the KCT window to the VAB/SPH tab automatically, if you don't want to use the button (or can't find it because the list is too long). I think those two properties combined should make it a little easier, but if you'd still like I can add an "Always open in Space Center" option :)

@MisterFister, I'm not quite sure what to tell you. The error appears to be in the Research and Development part of KSP, which is pretty unusual. It seems you've got a corrupt part, maybe? It definitely appears part related, but that's not an issue I've seen before. It also appears to be messing up the contracts system. Cacteye is always mentioned right after the error, but the error isn't telling me about any mods or parts in particular. You might need to do a binary search of your mods to figure out the culprit (but keep KCT in there each time to check if you still get the error message. Alternatively open the log and search for "ProtoScenarioModule.Load" (w/o quotes). If you see that, the error's still there.

It should be set up so that if you leave the window open when you leave the space center, it will be open when you come back. It might also depend on if it's open in the tracking station and/or flight, I'd have to double check (I think the state is synced in the tracking station, but it shouldn't be in flight). Otherwise if you click on the launchpad or the runway it should open up the KCT window to the VAB/SPH tab automatically, if you don't want to use the button (or can't find it because the list is too long). I think those two properties combined should make it a little easier, but if you'd still like I can add an "Always open in Space Center" option :)

OK, let me try that when I get home. This is my first time playing with it, so maybe it will get easier as I get used to it.

In the meantime, it really ramped up the game.

LGG

@MisterFister, I'm not quite sure what to tell you. The error appears to be in the Research and Development part of KSP, which is pretty unusual. It seems you've got a corrupt part, maybe? It definitely appears part related, but that's not an issue I've seen before. It also appears to be messing up the contracts system. Cacteye is always mentioned right after the error, but the error isn't telling me about any mods or parts in particular. You might need to do a binary search of your mods to figure out the culprit (but keep KCT in there each time to check if you still get the error message. Alternatively open the log and search for "ProtoScenarioModule.Load" (w/o quotes). If you see that, the error's still there.

Oye vey, a binary search? I have well in excess of 200 mods installed. :sigh:

Luckily, I'm running Dated Quicksaves, so maybe reverting to an earlier save will help.

If it helps, I can report that I was attempting to nail down a completely different error. I know that my symptom in flight-scene stems from a faulty module on a part, but I narrowed the symptoms down to a stock part. (A Mk16 parachute was rendering with a CoM and FAR aero-texture offset.) I'd just uninstalled Ven's Stock Revamp to see if that would've removed the problem before this particular bork took place. It'll be a day or two before I have to time to go in and re-attempt, but in all seriousness, I was only two or three hours in a new career (with a lot of grindy hard-mode settings).

Oye vey, a binary search? I have well in excess of 200 mods installed. :sigh:

Luckily, I'm running Dated Quicksaves, so maybe reverting to an earlier save will help.

If it helps, I can report that I was attempting to nail down a completely different error. I know that my symptom in flight-scene stems from a faulty module on a part, but I narrowed the symptoms down to a stock part. (A Mk16 parachute was rendering with a CoM and FAR aero-texture offset.) I'd just uninstalled Ven's Stock Revamp to see if that would've removed the problem before this particular bork took place. It'll be a day or two before I have to time to go in and re-attempt, but in all seriousness, I was only two or three hours in a new career (with a lot of grindy hard-mode settings).

Like I said, my best guess is a part that's somehow messed up, but otherwise the log wasn't telling me anything specific enough to know what the cause was :( Testing all those mods would require up to 16 or so individual checks, which I agree is quite a bit, but is certainly faster than a linear search! Hopefully reverting fixes it. Feel free to send me more logs if you want me to check them for anything.

Couple of questions:

1. Is it possible to roll back a ship from the launch pad without junking it?

2. How can I select which kerbals are on the ship? It always seems to put Jeb there

Thanks

1. Yep! If you've already switched to flight then just revert to the VAB and it will roll back time to when it's sitting on the pad but not physically on the launchpad. When it's in that state (post rollout but pre-launch) you have three ways to roll it back: roll out something else, hold the Mod key (alt in Windows) and the "Launch" button turns into "Roll Back", or press the "*" button and choose the roll back option. If you're feeling particularly dangerous and it's physically on the pad you can recover to the inventory by opening the KCT window in the flight scene and selecting the VAB or SPH tab. That last method isn't advised except for when necessary because it can go wrong, especially if any parts have been broken.

2. When you press the "Launch" button and there is space for crew you should be presented with the Crew Select GUI. If you see Jeb there you have three ways to get him out: clear all parts, clear just that part, click the big "Remove" button near his name. After removing a Kerbal, press the "Add" button (takes the place of the "Remove" button when the seat is empty) to select which kerbal you want to put there instead.

Alternatively you can do what I've seen someone do because they didn't realize there was a button that let you select the crew member for that seat: turn on random filling and keep clearing/filling until it gives you the crew you want :D

I am an idiot. You've no idea how long I've been playing without noticing that "random filling" button staring me in the face :D

It's not as nice since they added Kerbal classes since you generally want to pick a specific class, rather than a random mix of them. There's been some talk of trying to get it to balance one of each class in each part, but non-trivial effort for a fairly trivial problem.

It's not as nice since they added Kerbal classes since you generally want to pick a specific class, rather than a random mix of them. There's been some talk of trying to get it to balance one of each class in each part, but non-trivial effort for a fairly trivial problem.

BTW, does it work with CrewQueue?

BTW, does it work with CrewQueue?

The eternal question :P Apparently the answer is no. Enneract, the author of CrewQueue has added code into KCT a few times to add support, but then declared it not working how he'd like. The code is there, I think it's set to run, I have no idea if it does anything though. I've asked on the thread about what I need to do to add support (2 weeks ago), but haven't gotten a response yet. I'd like to add support, but I have no idea what I'd need to do. I might try to do it anyway even if I don't hear anything back soon.

1. Yep! If you've already switched to flight then just revert to the VAB and it will roll back time to when it's sitting on the pad but not physically on the launchpad. When it's in that state (post rollout but pre-launch) you have three ways to roll it back: roll out something else, hold the Mod key (alt in Windows) and the "Launch" button turns into "Roll Back", or press the "*" button and choose the roll back option. If you're feeling particularly dangerous and it's physically on the pad you can recover to the inventory by opening the KCT window in the flight scene and selecting the VAB or SPH tab. That last method isn't advised except for when necessary because it can go wrong, especially if any parts have been broken.

2. When you press the "Launch" button and there is space for crew you should be presented with the Crew Select GUI. If you see Jeb there you have three ways to get him out: clear all parts, clear just that part, click the big "Remove" button near his name. After removing a Kerbal, press the "Add" button (takes the place of the "Remove" button when the seat is empty) to select which kerbal you want to put there instead.

Alternatively you can do what I've seen someone do because they didn't realize there was a button that let you select the crew member for that seat: turn on random filling and keep clearing/filling until it gives you the crew you want :D

Thank you

Here is a small suggestion:

Right now, there doesn't appear to be a visual indicator when at the basic build list to show that there are vessels which have been completed. Would be nice if the VAB and SPH buttons would turn green if there were vessels ready to be rolled out and/or a vessel on the pad.

Right now, there doesn't appear to be a visual indicator when at the basic build list to show that there are vessels which have been completed. Would be nice if the VAB and SPH buttons would turn green if there were vessels ready to be rolled out and/or a vessel on the pad.

A color change is (probably) doable, but not necessarily useful if you always keep something in storage. What do you think about putting the number of completed builds in parenthesis after the name (ie, "VAB (2)"), perhaps with an added color change if a vessel is rolling out/is on the pad (yellow and green).

l

A color change is (probably) doable, but not necessarily useful if you always keep something in storage. What do you think about putting the number of completed builds in parenthesis after the name (ie, "VAB (2)"), perhaps with an added color change if a vessel is rolling out/is on the pad (yellow and green).

I like that better. I always keep several jets in storage ready for if I pick up a survey,no frequently have at least 1 rocket in storage, so just a color would not be much use as you said.

I see what you are saying. Right now, I'm just starting a career, so only have 1 at a time. I also just started using this.

The number in parents is good. What about having an alarm for a ship under construction. If you can make this work with kerbal alarm clock, that would be even better. Say, a button or toggle which would set an alarm for when a ship is finished

I see what you are saying. Right now, I'm just starting a career, so only have 1 at a time. I also just started using this.

The number in parents is good. What about having an alarm for a ship under construction. If you can make this work with kerbal alarm clock, that would be even better. Say, a button or toggle which would set an alarm for when a ship is finished

Kerbal Alarm Clock integration already exists, I just haven't fully fleshed it out yet. If you have KAC installed and you have the setting to create alarms enabled then the next thing to finish will have an alarm automatically generated (while in the Space Center scene at least). You can't change the settings for what triggers an alarm creation (construction, reconditioning, etc), or what it does about timewarp (it currently reduces warp down to 1x). KCT was one of the first mods to use the KAC API when it was created, and I pushed for it's creation since I started working on KCT ;)

A button to set an alarm for any ship (perhaps auto-updating if build rates change) and finer control over the alarm creation are two things I should add soon.

Kerbal Alarm Clock integration already exists, I just haven't fully fleshed it out yet. If you have KAC installed and you have the setting to create alarms enabled then the next thing to finish will have an alarm automatically generated (while in the Space Center scene at least). You can't change the settings for what triggers an alarm creation (construction, reconditioning, etc), or what it does about timewarp (it currently reduces warp down to 1x). KCT was one of the first mods to use the KAC API when it was created, and I pushed for it's creation since I started working on KCT ;)

A button to set an alarm for any ship (perhaps auto-updating if build rates change) and finer control over the alarm creation are two things I should add soon.

OK, thanks

Ever since updating, Max warp is now stuck at 10k x. Why can't I get 100k x anymore? even if I manually edit the .cfg to maxtimewarp = 8 It won't let me get that high.

Additionally, Kerbal alarm clock seems to have no trouble dropping from 100k x to 1x in a moment, I'm pretty sure that KCT's warp ramping down is a legacy workaround that's no longer needed, or at least should be optional.

Attempting to launch after saving a game with a , I get lots of explosions and this error:

Error Loading KCT Data

ERROR! An error occurred while loading KCT

data. Things will be seriously broken! Please

report this error to the KCT forum thread and

attach the log file. The game will be

UNPLAYABLE in this state.

While I don't necessarily object to explosions, in this case I didn't crash anything, so

here is the log file.

I looked through it and there are a bunch of NullReferenceExceptions in the few seconds before the "ERROR! An error while KCT loading data occurred. Things will be seriously broken!" line. The first of these is:

[EXC 19:05:12.946] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

scatterer.Core.OnDestroy ()

I thought that might mean scatterer was the problem, but launching the ship still caused the explosions.

I think I've seen the specific error that's breaking things for you before. I believe the issue is solved by going into the VAB before trying to launch a vessel (at least once per KSP session, but you shouldn't have to do it every time). I'm not 100% positive about that though. Try it, and if it doesn't help then I'll take a look again.

[EXC 19:06:34.165] ArgumentNullException: FacilityName is not a valid Space Center Facility name!
Parameter name: pSystemFacility
EditorEnumExtensions.GetFacility (.SpaceCenterFacility pSystemFacility)
FlightDriver.Start ()

I think I've seen the specific error that's breaking things for you before. I believe the issue is solved by going into the VAB before trying to launch a vessel (at least once per KSP session, but you shouldn't have to do it every time). I'm not 100% positive about that though. Try it, and if it doesn't help then I'll take a look again.

[EXC 19:06:34.165] ArgumentNullException: FacilityName is not a valid Space Center Facility name!
Parameter name: pSystemFacility
EditorEnumExtensions.GetFacility (.SpaceCenterFacility pSystemFacility)
FlightDriver.Start ()

Thanks for the quick reply! Unfortunately, visiting the VAB doesn't help, I still get the explosion, and the lines above still appear in the KSP.log file. A new log file is here.