[1.4.1] Kerbal Construction Time 1.4.0.69 (2018-03-24) - Unrapid Planned Assembly

magico13

KCT doesn't seem to be working properly for my current mod setup, the popup at the beginning doesn't appear and there are no changes to building vehicles.

Here is my mod list:

-Station Parts Expansion

-Community Tech Tree

-All Near Future Packs

-B9 Aerospace

-OPT Space Plane Parts

-Chatterer

-Kerbal Alarm Clock

-RCS Build Aid

-KW Rocketry

-Docking Port Alignment

-Infernal Robotics

-Tweakscale

-Planetary Base Inc.

-Kerbal Inventory System/Kerbal Attachment System

-Kerbal Engineer

-Scatterer

-Environmental Visial Enhancements (EVE)

Are any of these known to cause issues preventing KCT from working? Thanks for any help. 

Edited by stormy1997

2 hours ago, stormy1997 said:

KCT doesn't seem to be working properly for my current mod setup, the popup at the beginning doesn't appear and there are no changes to building vehicles.

Here is my mod list:

-Station Parts Expansion

-Community Tech Tree

-All Near Future Packs

-B9 Aerospace

-OPT Space Plane Parts

-Chatterer

-Kerbal Alarm Clock

-RCS Build Aid

-KW Rocketry

-Docking Port Alignment

-Infernal Robotics

-Tweakscale

-Planetary Base Inc.

-Kerbal Engineer

-Scatterer

Are any of these known to cause issues preventing KCT from working? Thanks for any help. 

It's always helpful for the modder to post a log. Otherwise it's quite hard to track down the possible error. If you go to the very first page of this thread, there is an instruction :).

@magico13 thanks for updating this! I'll give the new version a try later on.

12 hours ago, Arditan427 said:

I got this problem with the newest version of KCT (for 1.1.2)

Ialso cannot launch any rockets (which I'm assuming is related to this issue because it began happening when I first started using the newest KCT update)

Same here, I can't launch either. Button is missing.

13 hours ago, Arditan427 said:

I got this problem with the newest version of KCT (for 1.1.2)

I also cannot launch any rockets (which I'm assuming is related to this issue because it began happening when I first started using the newest KCT update)

What log says about KCT:

InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object
  at System.Linq.Enumerable.Single[Type] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 predicate, Fallback fallback) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at System.Linq.Enumerable.SingleOrDefault[Type] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 predicate) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at KerbalConstructionTime.ToolbarTypes.getType (System.String name) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at KerbalConstructionTime.ToolbarManager.get_Instance () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at KerbalConstructionTime.ToolbarManager.get_ToolbarAvailable () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at KerbalConstructionTime.KCT_GUI.SetGUIPositions (UnityEngine.WindowFunction OnWindow) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at KerbalConstructionTime.KerbalConstructionTime.OnDraw () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at KerbalConstructionTime.KerbalConstructionTime.OnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

1 hour ago, Benno said:

Same here, I can't launch either. Button is missing.

9 hours ago, stormy1997 said:

Here is my mod list:

-Station Parts Expansion

-Community Tech Tree

-All Near Future Packs

-B9 Aerospace

-OPT Space Plane Parts

-Chatterer

-Kerbal Alarm Clock

-RCS Build Aid

-KW Rocketry

-Docking Port Alignment

-Infernal Robotics

-Tweakscale

-Planetary Base Inc.

-Kerbal Engineer

-Scatterer

For the first one, it's due to the Toolbar mod. I'm guessing either the API changed or because of the new way GUIs are handled something got messed up. For the other two, it could be the same thing. If you have the toolbar mod installed then I'm 95% positive it's that. Two options: remove the toolbar mod or wait until I get an update out (probably tonight).

49 minutes ago, magico13 said:

For the first one, it's due to the Toolbar mod. I'm guessing either the API changed or because of the new way GUIs are handled something got messed up. For the other two, it could be the same thing. If you have the toolbar mod installed then I'm 95% positive it's that. Two options: remove the toolbar mod or wait until I get an update out (probably tonight).

I don't have the Toolbar mod. Here is the dropbox link to my output_log, sorry for not including it in my first post.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v76ggn3x20g94g3/output_log.txt?dl=0

12 minutes ago, stormy1997 said:

I don't have the Toolbar mod. Here is the dropbox link to my output_log, sorry for not including it in my first post.

You only loaded the game and went to the settings screen. I'll need a log with you loading a save and encountering the error so that I can see the stack trace.

4 hours ago, magico13 said:

3 hours ago, magico13 said:

You only loaded the game and went to the settings screen. I'll need a log with you loading a save and encountering the error so that I can see the stack trace.

Okay, here is a new output_log. I loaded the save and went into the VAB. Also, forgot to mention I have Interstellar Extended as well.

1 hour ago, stormy1997 said:

Okay, here is a new output_log. I loaded the save and went into the VAB. Also, forgot to mention I have Interstellar Extended as well.

You're running the 1.0.5 version. You need to use the pre-releases on KSP 1.1.x. I'm going to be making a full release in the next day or two if you'd rather wait, but the pre-releases aren't any buggier than 1.3.2 was.

13 minutes ago, magico13 said:

You're running the 1.0.5 version. You need to use the pre-releases on KSP 1.1.x. I'm going to be making a full release in the next day or two if you'd rather wait, but the pre-releases aren't any buggier than 1.3.2 was.

Ah, that seems to have fixed it. Thanks! It's always great to see a mod author working and responding with players so closely. Keep up the good work!

1 minute ago, Benno said:

Hmmm... Build button is back, but now the simulator button is missing? Or, has that been deprecated already..... :(

Output log here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/cff2pndhimseag4/output_log.txt?dl=0

Actually, I can help with this one. Go into the KCT settings/presets (in game at the space center), and you will see the Simulation button is not activated. Simply press it and you should be good!

16 minutes ago, Benno said:

Hmmm... Build button is back, but now the simulator button is missing? Or, has that been deprecated already..... :(

It's still in there, as @stormy1997 mentions, but it's disabled by default to promote people switching over to KRASH.

13 minutes ago, stormy1997 said:

Actually, I can help with this one. Go into the KCT settings/presets (in game at the space center), and you will see the Simulation button is not activated. Simply press it and you should be good!

Yep! It's still in there for now, but there's a good chance it'll be gone after the next big KSP update, so don't get too used to still using it :wink:

Ah, that's fixed it. Thanks guys. I did give KRASH a good go, but it just felt a bit too buggy (simulations not ending properly mostly). I see it's been updated just recently though, so will take another look.

It's still in there, as @stormy1997 mentions, but it's disabled by default to promote people switching over to KRASH.

Yep! It's still in there for now, but there's a good chance it'll be gone after the next big KSP update, so don't get too used to still using it :wink:

Are we able to get ahead of the curve and run simulations through KRASH now?  (I've never used KRASH, so I'm only guessing)

Or will this switch be official on the next big KSP update you mentioned.

Just now, Kethevin said:

Are we able to get ahead of the curve and run simulations through KRASH now?  (I've never used KRASH, so I'm only guessing)

Or will this switch be official on the next big KSP update you mentioned.

Yeah, KRASH is totally separate. I'm in fact recommending that people start using it now (hence simulations being disabled by default) so that any issues can be worked out before KCT's simulations go away for good.

9 minutes ago, magico13 said:

Yeah, KRASH is totally separate. I'm in fact recommending that people start using it now (hence simulations being disabled by default) so that any issues can be worked out before KCT's simulations go away for good.

Understood.   Downloading as we speak, er, type.  :-)

I read above that your prerelease version is 1.1.2 compatible.  But I also read in the CKAN thread that "issues" appear when you use CKAN for some mod installs and manually install others.  Do you envision your prerelease having one of those vague problems?

6 minutes ago, Kethevin said:

Understood.   Downloading as we speak, er, type.  :-)

I read above that your prerelease version is 1.1.2 compatible.  But I also read in the CKAN thread that "issues" appear when you use CKAN for some mod installs and manually install others.  Do you envision your prerelease having one of those vague problems?

Those "issues" are likely due to the manually installed mods not being controlled by CKAN. You'll need to remove KCT (and MagiCore) after the full release if you want it to be controlled by CKAN, but that's not too hard. The only data you might lose is the global settings, game-specific settings and save data is all stored in the save folder/persistence file.

(apparently MagiCore is listed as only being compatible with 1.1.1. That's annoying. I'll have to make a new release for 1.1.2.)

Edited by magico13

Just now, magico13 said:

Those "issues" are likely due to the manually installed mods not being controlled by CKAN. You'll need to remove KCT (and MagiCore) after the full release if you want it to be controlled by CKAN, but that's not too hard. The only data you might lose is the global settings, game-specific settings and save data is all stored in the save folder/persistence file.

Awesome!  Thank you, I appreciate the answer.  That's what I will do then.  :-)

1 hour ago, Enterprise0709 said:

Did you disable the simulation option on purpose in the latest pre-release? because I seem to be unable to  simulate my vessels before construction using the latest pre-release in 1.1.2

Yes, look about four posts up:

On 5/3/2016 at 9:56 PM, magico13 said:

3 hours ago, lude said:

I just wanted to say that this is a pretty great mod especially if used with FMRS

What is FMRS? Did you mean Modular Rocket Systems?

10 minutes ago, garwel said:

What is FMRS? Did you mean Modular Rocket Systems?

FMRS: Flight Manager for Reusable Stages. It's similar in purpose to StageRecovery but requires/lets you fly the stages down manually. I personally love how it works and strive to ensure that StageRecovery remains compatible with it.

Forgive me if this is answered somewhere, but I can't find it for the life of me.  I am assuming that i can use my upgrades in this mod to speed up the time it takes to research new technology (i.e. 150 days for Landing), but using anything on the R&D doesn't seem to be making any noticeable difference.  Am I missing something or is there just no way to substantially increase research time?

1 hour ago, tacobowler said:

Forgive me if this is answered somewhere, but I can't find it for the life of me.  I am assuming that i can use my upgrades in this mod to speed up the time it takes to research new technology (i.e. 150 days for Landing), but using anything on the R&D doesn't seem to be making any noticeable difference.  Am I missing something or is there just no way to substantially increase research time?

I'd have to log into game to check, but there are two types of R&D. One place to spend points will increase the ammount of 'free' science you get from building rockets. The other, will speed up how fast a new technology is unlocked.

Try it out on a new game, start a new game with some free starting science, and start researching one of the first nodes.  Then, spend some points and see how the timer changes.