[1.4.1] Kerbal Construction Time 1.4.0.69 (2018-03-24) - Unrapid Planned Assembly

magico13

I'm getting a scary crash from KCT where it says it throws up a dialog box saying my save is unplayable and to post on the forums. This occurs when I try to swap over to a ship from the KSC after queueing up specific crafts to be built. I've got a save from immediately before it happens and it's reproducible.

Here's the busted save folder and log file. Let me know if you need anything else.

I just got the same thing as @ZachPruckowskiScreenshot

The error the log gave me was 

[ERR 18:38:24.560] Exception loading ScenarioModule KerbalConstructionTimeData: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'MagiCore, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.
File name: 'MagiCore, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'
  at KerbalConstructionTime.KCT_DataStorage.OnDecodeFromConfigNode () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KerbalConstructionTime.ConfigNodeStorage.IPersistenceLoad.PersistenceLoad () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ConfigNode.LoadObjectFromConfig (System.Object obj, .ConfigNode node, Int32 pass, Boolean removeAfterUse) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ConfigNode.LoadObjectFromConfig (System.Object obj, .ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KerbalConstructionTime.KerbalConstructionTimeData.OnLoad (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ScenarioModule.Load (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ScenarioRunner.AddModule (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Anything else?

EDIT: I reinstalled MagiCore (it somehow disapeared) and save works fine.

Edited by TheRagingIrishman
Update

18 hours ago, grosser_Salat said:

Hi guys,

First of all, thanks for this mod! It enables me to run a real aeronautical program with planes.

But I am having an issue with this mod: When I recover something and I visit the SPH to edit it, it sometimes is just not there and the camera is at the upper limit of the hangar. I seems like the vessels get placed outside of the hangar. One information: I am having a low tier hangar (probably T1).

Is there a workaround for this? Because I got soooo many "museum vehicles" now...

Greetings,

Salad

It happens. Nothing much you can do about it short of editing your save file to translate them down below ceiling level - which is very complex and highly error-prone and I'd strongly advise against it if you're not a seasoned KSP player experienced at messing with mod internals. Just scrap the recovered ships and rebuild them. Scrapping a recovered vehicle gives you back full part value + resources left in the various tanks, and scrapped parts go in the inventory and greatly reduce the time necessary to rebuild the ships.

Magico has promised to address the issue in a future update.

6 hours ago, MaxRebo said:

It happens. Nothing much you can do about it short of editing your save file to translate them down below ceiling level - which is very complex and highly error-prone and I'd strongly advise against it if you're not a seasoned KSP player experienced at messing with mod internals. Just scrap the recovered ships and rebuild them. Scrapping a recovered vehicle gives you back full part value + resources left in the various tanks, and scrapped parts go in the inventory and greatly reduce the time necessary to rebuild the ships.

Magico has promised to address the issue in a future update.

Thank you for the reply. I did not know anout the benefit of scrapping - sorry museum, I need the time and money...

@grosser_Salat I was not sure of this before, but just now it happened to me too so I took this opportunity and actually tried:

If you really want to recover to storage no matter what, quicksave before you hit the VAB or SPH recover button. If the vessel ends up above the roof then just quickload and recover again. It usually spawns below the ceiling after 2 to 3 tries. Even with lots of mods driving up loading times between screens, this procedure should still be a lot faster than editing the save.

(you did enable quickloading... right? :wink:)

@MaxRebo Well with all the mods, my loading time is about 1 minute to launch something and quickloading is disabled by default (I allow it in case of bugs, only). Building with scraped parts reduces the building time by alot already. Thank you for the advice.

I noticed as well that the "success rate" of recovering is at about one third, but it seems to decrease rapidly if you have deployed parachutes on the vessel. But that is just my impression.

Hi!

I have an idea/request: (I hope it hasn't already been brought up yet, didn't study the entire thread^^)

Introduce 'shipping' of built rockets between different launch sites.

Shipping costs and time could be calculated derived from the mass of the dry rocket and its proportions (similar to mass/dimension restrictions of launchpads?)

The type of transportation could be linked to some technodes. Starting with rail/sea ways, ending somewhere in air freighting in the end game (just quicker transportation times.)

I think it would be interesting to have the ability to make one launch site a pure mass production center, shipping its rockets to launch sites all over the world. :)

A minor issue I found:

Clicking very fast on the launchpad arrows on the bottom of the VAB tab of the KCT window can lead to resetting the launchpad level back to one. (If having multiple launchpads built ofc.)

hi,

ive found an compatibility bug with this mod and Engineering Tech Tree.

bug: i cant research the "Field Science" (that one with wheels) anytime when it finished the game crashes :(

Edited by Schtiebuu

So, are there any workarounds on the crashes with resqued/transported kerbals for contracts?
It's anoying now; since its one of the main thigns I want to do this career. Having a ready fleet of transport craft is pretty important for this.

But I dread having to rebuild giant passanger jets when the time comes.:P

FYI this mod is broken in 1.1.3. Not asking for an insta-fix, just letting anyone wondering know :wink:.

KAC is broken too and TriggerAU mentioned the timewarp API has changed. I'd guess KCT also uses that, so probably at least one of the issues?

Build screen and inventory seem to be fine, just the construction time window that's broken.

Spoiler

vfidv03.png

Edited by darvo110

30 minutes ago, magico13 said:

As a general announcement: I'm on my honeymoon until Friday so there's little chance I'll be able to even download the update before then.

GOOD! :cool:

CONGRADUMAFRICKINLATIONS!

Do NOT do Kerbal things! Do honeymoon things! 

Do honeymoon things till neither of you can walk straight. 

Do not even THINK of Kerbal things. 

8 hours ago, magico13 said:

As a general announcement: I'm on my honeymoon until Friday so there's little chance I'll be able to even download the update before then.

Enjoy you're honeymoon! Please do not rush in getting this up to 1.1.3. We all appreciate your hard work!

Ps I've heard that the UI and nullref issues with 1.1.3 may be the same issues facing remotetech and KAC and are related to a change in timewarp. not a modder, so just food for thought.

9 hours ago, magico13 said:

CONGRATS! :D  Don't do anything too naughty. :wink:

...what am I saying, do as much naughty as you possibly can!

Edited by autumnalequinox
haha

13 hours ago, darvo110 said:

FYI this mod is broken in 1.1.3. Not asking for an insta-fix, just letting anyone wondering know :wink:.

KAC is broken too and TriggerAU mentioned the timewarp API has changed. I'd guess KCT also uses that, so probably at least one of the issues?

Build screen and inventory seem to be fine, just the construction time window that's broken.

Hide contents

vfidv03.png

same!

9 hours ago, magico13 said:

CONGRATS!  Infinitely more important than the mod.  Take a break, have fun with your spouse.  Cheers!

Congrats Magico! Have a great time and don't stress about KCT at all (I'm sure you won't :wink:).

In the meantime, does anyone else want to try and get a community build up and running? There are reports that other mods having issues with `TimeWarp.SetRate` just needed a recompile against 1.1.3. Could be a super simple fix as a stopgap until Magico gets back?

2 hours ago, darvo110 said:

In the meantime, does anyone else want to try and get a community build up and running? There are reports that other mods having issues with `TimeWarp.SetRate` just needed a recompile against 1.1.3. Could be a super simple fix as a stopgap until Magico gets back?

I would if I knew how, I have Visual Studio and I'm in the process of learning C# with the intent to mod the game (should be easy since I'm already experienced in Java) but I'm not really sure how things work on the compiling/packaging/backend/delivery side of things.

Edited by the_Demongod

Simple recompile works okay for me (and I'm continuing my ro/rp-0 career in 1.1.3!). I did check in the dll binary so you could grab it from my github if you don't have the tools to rebuild it yourself:

EDIT: <link removed since official release is up>

Edited by bos

On 6/23/2016 at 8:18 PM, bos said:

...(and I'm continuing my ro/rp-0 career in 1.1.3!)...

I'm very much interested in continuing my RO/RP-0 career in 1.1.3, what do I need besides this KCT recompile? I have the RemoteTech recompile too but there are a lot of other mods that aren't up to date yet.