[1.4.1] Kerbal Construction Time 1.4.0.69 (2018-03-24) - Unrapid Planned Assembly

magico13

7 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

As i understand it, the sim  code in KCT is old and buggy, which is why he is discontinuing it in favor of KRASH.

Right, understood - what I'm saying is that I don't care about the sim functionality at all, it's a means to an end.  I just want KCT to play nice with KK, and currently in order to do that I have to load the KK launch site by using the simulator.  If K.R.A.S.H. gets me there then I'll use it as a stopgap, but I don't really care about the simulation aspect since I use Kerbal Engineer to ensure I have enough ΔV.  That might change once I've played around with K.R.A.S.H. a bit - it looks like there's some useful features in there.

I seem to only be able to queue one tech for research at a time. The blue research this tech button still shows up when I queue the first tech for research. It is not grayed out, but does not respond to the mouse at all. 

ksp 1.1.3, kct 1.3.4

Edited by Errol

1 hour ago, Errol said:

I seem to only be able to queue one tech for research at a time. The blue research this tech button still shows up when I queue the first tech for research. It is not grayed out, but does not respond to the mouse at all. 

ksp 1.1.3, kct 1.3.4

I've encountered this problem in the R&D building as well. It can usually be fixed by clicking an already research node closer to the start of the tree (may take more than one attempt) and then back on the desired node again.

Edited by Aelfhe1m

7 hours ago, Aelfhe1m said:

I've encountered this problem in the R&D building as well. It can usually be fixed by clicking an already research node closer to the start of the tree (may take more than one attempt) and then back on the desired node again.

Through more experimentation I've found a bit more. Your solution does not appear to work for me, but I found that if I exit the R&D building and re-enter I can pick another tech to queue for research. I will note that the tech I previously queued shows up as un-researched, and the problem persists after adding another tech. 

This means the feature is playable, if tedious, as I have to leave and enter again for each additional tech I want to research.

I'm assuming this is some sort of weird conflict (running a lot of other mods), but I'm getting insane amounts of lag in the space centre that always seem to happen whenever something from KCT gets down to about 3 minutes left on the countdown. Is anyone else getting anything like this?

Log here if anyone else wants to have a look at it https://www.dropbox.com/s/m26jyxih4848jhk/output_log lag.txt?dl=0

The "No Experiment definition found" thing is something newer and unrelated though. Can upload logs from before I started getting that if this one's too broken to be of use...

I've installed this and am going through all the documentation to try to help me setup a "reasonable" career-mode play through.

My motivations:

(A) I do VERY MUCH like game design that promotes strategic analysis and decision-making. Time is an obvious consideration here.

(B) I do use KAC (and love it). Even so, I do NOT particularly enjoy "sitting around" watching Kerbol warp overhead rapidly in the Space Center screen or watching a flight icon warp around in the Tracking pane . . . If I understand the game, time continues to pass at all times (when the game is not specifically paused) so one can always fiddle in the various panes (VAB, SPH, whatever) while waiting for a particular project to "come out of the oven" so to speak? Obviously, mid to late game once one has half-dozen or more "irons in the fire" this becomes less of a concern, but I'm a bit 'concerned' about how setting up "highly realistic" settings with this mod might make early game feel very tedious?

(C) I have never used "simulations" in this game. I played it intensely 3 years ago, took a hiatus, and have been back at it for a couple weeks now. At this point, I rarely ever suffer a catastrophic failure to a newly built craft . . . well, maybe in only 1/10th of new flights . . . I'm guessing that simulations are useful for reducing failure rates on brand new designs? How do "simulations" actually function? Does one play them as if one is launching the vessel, but it is just a simulation, so disastrous effects are actually just "on paper?"

If this is how simulations function (and moreover if they allow simulations of things other than launches from Kerbin, e.g., launching from other bodies, planning flights from Kerbin to other bodies, aero-braking of flights in progress, landing from orbit, etc.) then I'm very interested in simulations. I suppose I'd even be interested if all it allows is to simulate Kerbin launches . . .

(D) I'm slightly unclear on the effects of the "Must Visit Planets" feature. I'm gathering that this means: "In order to perform ANY simulations (orbital, aero-braking, landing, launch, gravity-assists, etc.) within a particular bodies SOI, one must first have at least one flight that has entered into that SOI?

I appreciate if anyone can clarify these four points for me and possibly also suggest what features I might consider turning on/off and what values to try. I'd guess that, getting the full value of this mod is best achieved by using it from very early in a career-mode play, and I'd prefer to get settings as close to "good" as possible to avert the need to restart yet another career mode playthrough.

My current mod list

0v8CV.gif

Some initial settings I came up with based on my understanding of how the maths are working. I'd guess this will result in some time increases compared to "default" but not much. If this still seems too fast, I'll slow it down more.

http://pastebin.com/QixngygF

Edited by Diche Bach
clarification

I just made a 1.1.3 RSS/RO/RP-0 install and have a separate 1.1.2 install (almost identical) and a career game using KCT.  When I fired up the game a few times during my install (I am not a Mac so don't use CKAN) I got the error message from KCT with something like the game will be unplayable in this state. So I copied my 1.1.2 KCT files over and then only replaced the .dll plugin with the 1.1.3 version.  That cleared up the error and everything is functioning, except... the upgrades I made in 1.1.2 are gone (VAB ships in the queue, pending research, research and build points reset, and even the launchpad was downgraded from what it should say in the save). Is there a file from my 1.1.2 game I can copy over to 1.1.3 or something I should take out of my 1.1.3 Save Folder or something I can edit?  Sorry, I don't know how it should all work.  If you want to see a log file, which one and where is it stored? If I knew that I might figure it out, but the KSP.log file has never done me any good.

Edited by Parallax59
clarity

When attempting to use a custom preset, or make changes to a preset, button number 2 "Spend Upgrade Points" changes to "close window" instead of "spend upgrade points."

It seems that only the included presets work.

ADDIT: Okay, looking at the .cfg files, I think I see what the problem is: instead of the toggle buttons in the screen appearing illuminated when set to True and darkened when False, they seem to be running in reverse.

I was wondering why so many of the features were "turned off" in the included presets.

Just to clarify what I'm referring to here: the color used to denote "function on" versus "function off" seems to be opposite for the "General Settings" on the right as it is to the "Features" on the left.

On the left (Features): dark gray (almost black) = ON ; light gray = OFF

On the right (General Settings): dark gray (almost black) = OFF ; light gray = ON

. . . or at least that is how it seems to be working to me.

Edited by Diche Bach
clarification

Now that I got this baby running . . . I'm liking it a lot already :)

Can tell it is automatically gonna feed into my playstyle: gear-fondling, stuff-hoarding, strategy-gamer. I think I'm even liking the preset I created. Slows down things at the start to what I now realize is a more "realistic" pace (10 days to build a very simple craft with 1 flea, 4 wings, 1 Mk1 capsule, and an Mk16 parachute) and long-term the dynamics between allocating points to building rate/tech and tradeoffs with planned operations will make the game far more engaging to me.

KCT_Preset

{
    name = DB
    shortName = DB
    description = A custom set of configs.
    author = Ascendant
    allowDeletion = True
    career = True
    science = False
    sandbox = False
    KCT_Preset_General
    {
        Enabled = True
        BuildTimes = True
        ReconditioningTimes = True
        TechUnlockTimes = True
        KSCUpgradeTimes = True
        Simulations = True
        SimulationCosts = True
        RequireVisitsForSimulations = True
        TechUpgrades = True
        SharedUpgradePool = False
        StartingPoints = 15,15,45
    }
    KCT_Preset_Time
    {
        OverallMultiplier = 2
        BuildEffect = 2
        InventoryEffect = 100
        ReconditioningEffect = 1728
        MaxReconditioning = 172800
        RolloutReconSplit = 0.42
    }
    KCT_Preset_Formula
    {
        NodeFormula = 2^([N]+1) / 86400
        UpgradeFundsFormula = min(2^([N]+4) * 1000, 1024000)
        UpgradeScienceFormula = min(2^([N]+2) * 1.0, 512)
        ResearchFormula = [N]*0.5/86400
        EffectivePartFormula = min([c]/( + (*(+1))), [c])*[MV]*[PV]
        ProceduralPartFormula = (([c]-[A]) + ([A]*10/max(,1))) / max(*(+1),1) *[MV]*[PV]
        BPFormula = ([E]^(1/2))*2000*[O]
        KSCUpgradeFormula = ([C]^(1/2))*1000*[O]
        ReconditioningFormula = min([M]*[O]*[E], [X])*abs([RE]-) / (3-[L])
        BuildRateFormula = ((+1)*0.05*[N] + max(0.1-, 0))*sign(2*[L]-+1)
        SimCostFormula = max([C]/50000 * min([PM]/[KM], 80) * (/10 + 1) * ([A]/10 + 1) * ([L]^0.5) * 100, 500)
        KerbinSimCostFormula = max([C]/50000 * ([L]^0.5) * 10, 100)
        UpgradeResetFormula = 2*([N]+1)
        InventorySaleFormula = ([V]+[P] / 10000)^(0.5)
        RolloutCostFormula = 0
        NewLaunchPadCostFormula = 100000*([N]^3)
    }
    KCT_Preset_Part_Variables
    {
        Part_Variables
        {
        }
        Module_Variables
        {
        }
    }
}

The one thing that it seems to be lacking (and which might not be possible given how the game is structured, I don't know) is: it isn't possible to just queue up 5 or 10 of a particular part, without having a command module to attach it to.

Not a huge problem: I just created an "Mk1 Accessories" vessel with some girders, some mystery goo, some rockets, some fins attached to it: that will take 26 days to build but it will put a few of the starter items into my inventory I hope.

12 hours ago, Diche Bach said:

I've installed this and am going through all the documentation to try to help me setup a "reasonable" career-mode play through.

C/D) The main advantages of simulations (either with KCT or KRASH) is the reduction of launch failures of initial designs.  So maybe you want to dip your toes into USK/MKS gameplay, which requires a bit of testing on an initial space station.  This lets you setup a sample station in the VAB and magically put it into orbit around any planetary body that you have already visited and test it for a defined period of time.

Unless you have visited the SOI of Minmus, then you can't simulate a vessel test near Minmus.

A/B) The primary advantage of KCT is that it turns the calendar into another resource constraint.  If you have a Jool window that opens on date X, then you have to plan ahead by queuing up the right ship mix in a way that it finishes construction and is ready to launch before date X.  You can't just wait until the last minute and launch a bunch of vessels.  Add in a life support mod like USI-LS, and now planning ahead becomes a little more important.

Note: The longer I play with KCT, the longer I make my build times.  An average for me is 7-12 days to build a small vessel for the first time and 28-150 days to construct some of the behemoths.  Rollout times are 1 day to 4-6 days, and pad refurbishment is at least 5 days and sometimes as much as 15-20 days.  But I have unlocked (5) pads and upgraded them, which allows me more frequent launches even with the longer rollout/refurbish times.  I use boost the effect of parts reuse (due to Stage Recovery addon), so a ship that takes 28 days to build from scratch might only take 12-14 days if I have recovered the boosters and first stage.

Edited by WuphonsReach

7 hours ago, WuphonsReach said:

Note: The longer I play with KCT, the longer I make my build times.  An average for me is 7-12 days to build a small vessel for the first time and 28-150 days to construct some of the behemoths.  Rollout times are 1 day to 4-6 days, and pad refurbishment is at least 5 days and sometimes as much as 15-20 days.  But I have unlocked (5) pads and upgraded them, which allows me more frequent launches even with the longer rollout/refurbish times.  I use boost the effect of parts reuse (due to Stage Recovery addon), so a ship that takes 28 days to build from scratch might only take 12-14 days if I have recovered the boosters and first stage.

Thanks bruh!

Could you post your preset you use?

Now that I'm figuring out this mod, I love it!

It seems to work well with a lot of other ones on my mod list

0v8CV.gif

Just to toss in my two-cents on the "Simulations Question:"

Now that I see how they function, I LOVE THEM! I do hope that they stay "in the game" in some way (whether as a feature of KCT or KRASH or whatever), and with at least the features they presently have.

8 hours ago, Diche Bach said:

Thanks bruh!

Could you post your preset you use?

• Overall Multiplyer: 8
  • Build Effect: 5
  • Inventory Effect: 500
  • Reconditioning Effect: 1728
  • Max Reconditioning: 2764800
  • 25% Rollout / 75% Reconditioning

I'm not yet doing any advanced formulas, and I don't exactly remember how Max Reconditioning plays into actual time.

Apparently it's possible for # of available upgrades to go negative.  I've installed 83 upgrades, but I'm at -44 available upgrades in the UI.  So there should probably be a logic check somewhere so that available upgrades never goes negative.

So, if I add up the following in my save file, I get 112 points

KSCName = Stock
ActiveLPID = 0
VABUpgrades
{
  Upgrade = 38
  Upgrade = 20
  Upgrade = 13
  Upgrade = 9
  Upgrade = 7
  Upgrade = 5
}
SPHUpgrades
{
  Upgrade = 13
  Upgrade = 7
}
RDUpgrades
{
  Upgrade = 10
  Upgrade = 5
}

And with this section only has 18 points (earned from sci/fund purchases)

enabledForSave = True
fundsFromSimulation = 0
activeKSC = Stock
SimulationTime = 125m
SalesFigures = 0
UpgradesResetCounter = 0
TechUpgrades = 5
SavedUpgradePointsPreAPI = 0
VABUpgrades
{
  Item = 0
}
SPHUpgrades
{
  Item = 0
}
RDUpgrades
{
  Item = 0
  Item = 0
}
PurchasedUpgrades
{
  Item = 7
  Item = 11
}
BodiesVisited
{
  Item = Kerbin
  Item = Mun
  Item = Minmus
}

I've unlocked 59 tech nodes via research (I think).

In-game it says "92 purchased and -35 available".  So the math is right, but I'm not sure how I got so far out of whack.

Edited by WuphonsReach

On 7/24/2016 at 4:15 PM, WuphonsReach said:

So, if I add up the following in my save file, I get 112 points

In-game it says "92 purchased and -35 available".  So the math is right, but I'm not sure how I got so far out of whack.

Sometimes it appears to lose track of the Tech Tree. I've had it happen to me too.

So, uh, hi everyone. Long time no see. Several things culminated into me not being involved in KSP lately: moving several states away, getting married, starting a new job, my server going down, the build server program (Jenkins) not running on the server I was trying to use (a Raspberry Pi) resulting in me writing my own build server code (mostly works, but KCT won't build despite the fact that MagiCore does and it builds on my Linux desktop), my desktop's motherboard dying, tons of problems reinstalling Windows, and the biggest was a total lack of desire to do anything involving KSP. It's been over 3 years, two and a half of which have had me spending a huge chunk of my free time on modding instead of getting to play games. I've taken some time to actually enjoy other hobbies for a little while and am much happier as a result.

With that said, I don't plan on giving up on KSP or on modding, but I don't know if/when my interests will swing back to it. I've been trying to reduce what I'm responsible for (a major driver of splitting simulations off) so that I can have time for other things and still maintain my mods without as much work. As a result, BROKE is continually half-finished, updates have been few and far between, and things are pretty stagnant. I think things have been mostly ok though (with KCT at least), and I haven't seen many requests for changes.

If people are ok with that, then cool :) If people aren't ok with that, well, if you're really interested in taking over some mods then send me a PM. Note though that I'm not saying I'm planning on giving up my mods, just that if people are particularly displeased with the fact that I've been absent (and likely will be absent at points in the future) then I'm willing to do whatever is best for the community and for the mods themselves. I still have plans for my mods, and really want to find some time to totally rewrite KCT from the ground up since the code base is pretty bad.

In other news, if you posted a bug report since the last time I replied and are still having issues, let me know (with either a link to your previous post or a new description and some logs) and I'll try to take a look.

Well it seems like a good time to say thank you for all you hard work making KSP more fun.

I hadn't used KCT for a while and just reinstalled to finally do a RSS/RO game. It really does add a level of interest and complexity to the game. 

Congrats on getting married and doing all the other things, but I'll hold a little hope that you come back even more inspired to make KSP more awesome.

@magico13 do what you gotta do mate, that's all there is to it. I'd rather see you find something else you're passionate about than plug away at this for another x number of weeks/months if you're really not feeling it. It'll be a bummer to see you go (if you do decide to), but as long as your licenses are in order and relatively open, I'm sure someone will step up for at least KCT (and probably SR as well).

Either way, it's been a pleasure.:)

Hi everyone!  Just have a question.  I am playing RSS and I have the RP-0 KCT setup and I am wondering when I can build two rockets at once in the same complex. not one at  Brownsville and another at the KSC.  Thanks in advance!  

Edited by FallenPhoenixRA

8 hours ago, FallenPhoenixRA said:

Hi everyone!  Just have a question.  I am playing RSS and I have the RP-0 KCT setup and I am wondering when I can build two rockets at once in the same complex. not one at  Brownsville and another at the KSC.  Thanks in advance!  

The RP-0 config ties the number of build queues to the upgrade level of the VAB/SPH. i.e. you start with one queue, upgrade your VAB building to level 2 you now have 2 VAB build queues.

I'm playing an RP-0/RO install, and I'm wondering if anyone has a fix for the "Disable Part Failures" button not working, I'm playing without reverts and sims are kinda essential, but simulating the same launch 5 times because an engine keeps failing is a little annoying. Anyone know how to get it working again with the latest TestFlight (assuming that's what it was made for), or failing that anyone got an alternative they use they could point out :P