[1.4.1] Kerbal Construction Time 1.4.0.69 (2018-03-24) - Unrapid Planned Assembly

magico13

Please note, I am NOT asking for an update to this mod, right now, I am however curious as to IF there are plans to update this mod to 1.2, as I know last I heard Magico13 had a lot going on in real life. This is one of my must have mods, and I was curious. I looked back over the last few pages and didn't see any obvious, "yes this mod will be updated." so if I missed one that was there, I'm sorry.

3 hours ago, vardicd said:

Please note, I am NOT asking for an update to this mod, right now, I am however curious as to IF there are plans to update this mod to 1.2, as I know last I heard Magico13 had a lot going on in real life. This is one of my must have mods, and I was curious. I looked back over the last few pages and didn't see any obvious, "yes this mod will be updated." so if I missed one that was there, I'm sorry.

1.2 yes, I'll get something working. I was working on updating this when the pre-release first dropped, but the part inventory as it stands is on it's last leg. The ability to have parts get upgraded that got added in 1.2 definitely isn't supported by the part inventory, so I was trying to write up a new one since most everyone will reset their saves for 1.2 anyway. I might still try to get that working before updating this fully to 1.2.

I haven't fully decided what I'm going to do for 1.3, but I will definitely get something working for 1.2.

59 minutes ago, magico13 said:

1.2 yes, I'll get something working. I was working on updating this when the pre-release first dropped, but the part inventory as it stands is on it's last leg. The ability to have parts get upgraded that got added in 1.2 definitely isn't supported by the part inventory, so I was trying to write up a new one since most everyone will reset their saves for 1.2 anyway. I might still try to get that working before updating this fully to 1.2.

I haven't fully decided what I'm going to do for 1.3, but I will definitely get something working for 1.2.

Sweet. Glad to hear it. thanks for the reply.

Hi magico13 I'm a big fan of your mod and was really happy to see you already done a recompile for 1.2

I just test it on a fresh install of KSP 1.2 but it don't seem to work, I have this message at startup telling me that KCT can't load his data and that the game will be unplayable... Pretty scary message so I didn't dig any further, just try two things :

1. Install KCT (1.3.4.1), create a new career = scary message
  2. Launch the game stock, create a new career, quit, install KCT (1.3.4.1), load the career = scary message

Here the logs for :

1. https://mega.nz/#!ptsE3ZxQ!9RGeLhkMRo2_4eWlSXyTKoCYi6xjocPbbrHaT0HfZvI
  2. https://mega.nz/#!U1MACYIJ!75MdVQBy4P6gH0H41GMA6gPHS1giuSCeJCFBB-cVvpI

PS : I'm using Win10 & KSP 64 bit and have module manager 2.7.1 installed

On 10/7/2016 at 10:44 AM, magico13 said:

Great to hear. This is one of my staple mods and I'm glad to see you're working on it. 

1 hour ago, Li0n said:

Hi magico13 I'm a big fan of your mod and was really happy to see you already done a recompile for 1.2

1.2 is absolutely, positively unsupported right now. That recompile didn't work even when it was first made, and that was several pre-releases ago. It might be a week or two before I get a working version for 1.2 ready (I have to rewrite the part inventory but have my best friend's wedding this weekend), but I'll post it on this thread (and either mention/link it in the first post) when a (pre)release is ready.

Sorry about the delay!

On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 9:15 AM, magico13 said:

It might be a week or two before I get a working version for 1.2 ready

Woo hoo!  As long as its going to be supported, that's great!

Looking forward to the release, no rush from me however as I'm now playing my first pure vanilla game for a long time. For the time being I'm simulating KCT by generous use of the "Warp to next morning" button. After they added reentry heating and now communications, KCT really is the only general mechanics mod I see as essential for every game, apart from minor interface or improvement mods. or Part mods like rovers Umbra stuff. Thanks for your hard work Magico.

EDIT:

BTW what is the "Kerbal Crush Saga: Rocket Fire Age Daily Challenge Leaderboard" mentioned in the OP? It sounds crazy and I like crazy.

Edit: NVM I found it by searching this topic, the OP's link wasn't working.

Edit: Could you make the april fools day version available to download from github? I'd like to take a whack at it.

Edited by MarcAFK

16 hours ago, MarcAFK said:

Could you make the april fools day version available to download from github? I'd like to take a whack at it.

I pulled the code out the release after. I'm not sure how easily I'd be able to reintegrate it. Looks like it was KCT 1.1.5 for KSP 0.90 that had it. You can get it off of CurseForge if you have a copy of 0.90 lying around (I do :P)

3 hours ago, LargeDickinson said:

Rly wish i could help you because your mod is the last one I need to start my new career... Except I know nothing of programming...

We have your back because we love your mod! 

When we get to testing more dev versions you are certainly more than welcome to join in. More eyes and logs are always useful as some things only show up under certain conditions that can vary by play style. :)

2 minutes ago, JeffreyCor said:

When we get to testing more dev versions you are certainly more than welcome to join in. More eyes and logs are always useful as some things only show up under certain conditions that can vary by play style. :)

Fo'sure! Ill be glad to share every piece of info i have! Im dying to return to KSP but made a promess to myself to only return once all the mods get updated. This is teh last one.

6 hours ago, Filigan said:

Everytim a patch leaves KCT nonfunctional, i realise how meaningless the career mode feels for me without the timefactor kct delivers....

*biting fingernails*

I check the amount of parts I have and skip that many hours ahead before I launch. That's not desperate, is it?

Everytim a patch leaves KCT nonfunctional, i realise how meaningless the career mode feels for me without the timefactor kct delivers....

*biting fingernails*

Agree

2 minutes ago, Flayer said:

I check the amount of parts I have and skip that many hours ahead before I launch. That's not desperate, is it?

Very. {me too}

*biting fingernails*

^This.

On 08/10/2016 at 1:44 AM, magico13 said:

Can I encourage you to consider finding a successor over whose shoulder you can watch for 1.3 maybe? I know you're using GPL, and that you've said that someone can take it over after a month... But this is brilliant work and I'm sure you want it to continue in the right hands.

Cheers mate. :)