[1.4.1] Kerbal Construction Time 1.4.0.69 (2018-03-24) - Unrapid Planned Assembly

magico13

I wanted to point to a thing I noticed in 1.1.2 of KCT which might or might not be there anymore. When editing a finished vessel the parts I take off the vessel do not show up in the parts list. Logically they should.

29 minutes ago, SuperXico said:

how i can get it working so i can give some feedback?

You can't. It's basically just a recompile, and never worked (see the KCT dev thread). The current code base is fundamentally broken for KSP 1.2 and Magico will have to rewrite lots of it. I wouldn't expect a working version any time soon.

Edited by MaxRebo
eff you autocorrect

1 hour ago, MaxRebo said:

You can't. It's basically just a recompile, and never worked (see the KCT dev thread). The current code base is fundamentally broken for KSP 1.2 and Magico will have to rewrite lots of it. I wouldn't expect a working version any time soon.

This. ^

I actually removed the compiled binaries for that pre-release. What you downloaded @SuperXico was probably just the source files, which won't do anything.

I'll update the OP when I have at least a semi-tested pre-release available. Unfortunately it requires I essentially write a new mod first. I'm thinking at this point in time I will get that to a functional but not feature complete version (no UI, missing some important features), then update KCT to use it and release something for 1.2, then try to add in those other features over time.

In short: that means the part inventory will work, but part tracking won't and there probably won't be a UI for the inventory.

Alternatively: I can release an update of KCT without the part inventory and then when I get things working can add it back in.

25 minutes ago, magico13 said:

This. ^

I actually removed the compiled binaries for that pre-release. What you downloaded @SuperXico was probably just the source files, which won't do anything.

I'll update the OP when I have at least a semi-tested pre-release available. Unfortunately it requires I essentially write a new mod first. I'm thinking at this point in time I will get that to a functional but not feature complete version (no UI, missing some important features), then update KCT to use it and release something for 1.2, then try to add in those other features over time.

In short: that means the part inventory will work, but part tracking won't and there probably won't be a UI for the inventory.

Alternatively: I can release an update of KCT without the part inventory and then when I get things working can add it back in.

I think that would be the best option: That way, we can have the "core" feature of KCT like timed construction and update, pad refactoring, etc... Personally, I would prefer to see a version without part inventory rather than nothing for a long while.

6 minutes ago, Galenmacil said:

I think that would be the best option: That way, we can have the "core" feature of KCT like timed construction and update, pad refactoring, etc... Personally, I would prefer to see a version without part inventory rather than nothing for a long while.

I'm leaning that way as well. I'm curious how much that will break, but it's a situation that I need to make KCT support anyway since the part inventory will be optional going forward. If that's the case I'd expect a functional version by the end of the weekend for sure, if not earlier, barring unexpected interruptions. Simulations will likely be totally removed (I may or may not provide a modlet for those of you who prefer KCT's simulations to the alternatives) and the part inventory (and part tracker) will be gone as well.

9 minutes ago, Bersagliere81 said:

I always used this mod and have no idea what part inventory is :D

You most likely used it extensively without even realizing. That's how streamlined a feature it was... First thing you'll likely notice when it's gone next release is that repeat builds will take quite a bit longer, especially if you also made heavy use of StageRecovery.

@magico13If it's not too much of a hassle, could you take another look at the stored-craft-disappearing-in-roof issue we discussed here (#124) way back when? Recovering to storage could reasonably cover at least the most common use case of the inventory.

Only if it's not also broken in 1.2 of course. If it is... well just forget I asked :D

I also vote for basic features, even though I've never used this mod before and kind of got lost in the forums and ended up here.  

Now, can someone point me to where the KSP 1.0 release discussion is?  I don't want to miss it!

4 hours ago, beelzerob said:

I also vote for basic features, even though I've never used this mod before and kind of got lost in the forums and ended up here.  

Now, can someone point me to where the KSP 1.0 release discussion is?  I don't want to miss it!

Um...1.0 (actually 1.0.5) was a while back.  They just released 1.2 a few days ago.

I would love to play with a basic features version of KCT while you tweak with features at your leisure! Especially if you have craft recovery in there - either way though, absolutely fantastic mod. I praise your dedication

14 hours ago, Sudragon said:

Do internet forums connect to L-space?

Signed in for the first time in ~8 months just to appreciate that reference.

Also for what it's worth, I agree with focusing on basic functionality. Since it sounds like the mod will require an in-depth overhaul, would a modular approach be possible/worthwhile? What with CKAN dependency/suggested mods ability, it might be a good idea to have a core mod with bolt-on additions, such as building upgrades, research points, etc. I realise most of these are already configurable, I just wonder if taking it the extra step might make development easier (i.e, no scope creep).

Looking forward to being able to use this mod again, it really does make a great gameplay change, and makes KSP that much more replayable. :)

Suggestion:

Add the ability for the simulations to be slightly inaccurate eg. ferrum aerospace is disabled during simulation (if it is installed), some body lift may not be calculated and some random computer errors. 

I think this would be a good idea because it means players can't just simulate everything, they have to build some parts of it to do an actual test. For example, they might build just the launcher with dead weight as the test payload to test if it get to orbit. The quality of the simulations could increase as you upgrade the R&D center.

I know there is already the ability to unlock simulation around a certain body by entering it's soi, but I still feel it's too over powered. Even for small orbital missions people don't completely rely on the simulator for testing, real life tests are performed, usually on just a small part of the spacecraft.

1 hour ago, Jack Mathematician said:

Suggestion:

Add the ability for the simulations to be slightly inaccurate eg. ferrum aerospace is disabled during simulation (if it is installed), some body lift may not be calculated and some random computer errors. 

I think this would be a good idea because it means players can't just simulate everything, they have to build some parts of it to do an actual test.

No, no, and a thousand times, no.

If I want a real run to have variability over a simulation, I'll install TestFlight (or any of another hundred possible failure mods).