[1.4.1] Kerbal Construction Time 1.4.0.69 (2018-03-24) - Unrapid Planned Assembly

magico13

1 hour ago, Mylon said:

@magico13 Would you be willing to share your code/allow usage for the functional inventory?  Maybe we can collaborate.

Here's the code: https://github.com/magico13/ScrapYard It's MIT licensed (the license isn't in there yet, but it will be) in case you want to use any of it, but I am still planning on developing it. You're welcome to submit PRs if you end up working on it. The current state is that it adds things to the inventory when you recover and it removes things when the vessel is put on the pad. It has no actual part tracking, but I'm considering using a part module to handle that.

I'm still in confusion: 

Will this mod have a "test-before-build" mode? (IE simulations). The simulation idea alone (being able to test on foreign worlds once you have the data from that world; but for a hefty price) is amazing, yet without simulations - having to blindly build and test only after 7 days or something like that. The mod just lacks.

25 minutes ago, paul23 said:

I'm still in confusion: 

Will this mod have a "test-before-build" mode? (IE simulations). The simulation idea alone (being able to test on foreign worlds once you have the data from that world; but for a hefty price) is amazing, yet without simulations - having to blindly build and test only after 7 days or something like that. The mod just lacks.

It used to have one, but the feature was deemed useful outside of just this mod and so now the KRASH mod is used for simulations. Going with a third party mod means faster updates and better quality, plus no strict dependencies.

wer can i find the number of times a part was build?

a sentence i can use for a lookup will be good.

for thous of interests my solution for not having reuse of recovered parts is to change the formula to ([ u ] +1)^[ b ]  wer B is 1.35

im still thinking wat  value of B  is best.

the range im thinking of is 1.25-1.5

at 1.25 at 80 times the part is build as fast as if i have a recovered part and after that faster

at 1.5 at 20 times the part is build as fast as if i have a recovered part and after that faster

Edited by danielboro

4 hours ago, danielboro said:

wer can i find the number of times a part was build?

In the build for 1.2, nowhere since it isn't tracked. In older builds it'll be in the save file in a node called something along the lines of "PartTracker" inside the "KCTData" node.

2 hours ago, danielboro said:

so in formula

EffectivePartFormula = "min([C]/([I] + ([B]*([U]+1))), [C])"

U is 0 for all parts at all times?

For the 1.2 builds right now, until a new inventory system is up and running, both I and U are always 0.

2 hours ago, danielboro said:

that explains the funny numbers i got using the (U+1)^B and not finding number of build per part. i was thinking that only [ I ] was broken

The tracker and the inventory were very nearly the same thing, so when one went so did the other. The next tracker will hopefully be much better, if I end up implementing it the way I have planned.

33 minutes ago, danielboro said:

im  having som problems and i think KRASH is the reason

will you be willing to make the sim part as a stand alone mod?

or is ther another sim i can use whit KCT?

Magico has said many times he's not writing his own sim mod.I'm not having any problems with KRASH. Please post logs (see below if confused about what that means) and an explanation of what exactly your problems are.

Eagerly awaiting this mod's update, as it is one of my must-haves for any career playthrough now. And I've just realized how ironic it is that I'm waiting to play a game in order to download a mod that makes me wait while playing the game :D

On 12/26/2016 at 0:44 PM, billybob579 said:

Eagerly awaiting this mod's update, as it is one of my must-haves for any career playthrough now. And I've just realized how ironic it is that I'm waiting to play a game in order to download a mod that makes me wait while playing the game :D

I never thought about it that way, but that's a great point! LOL

something weird

i have 2 lunchpads, 1 at level 2 and 1 at level 3.

i dubbel clicked on chaing lunce pad and i got a message "upgrade to lunch pad started"

no $ wer removed from my account and in 2 days my level 2 will be level 3

thers no mention of this in the log file

i was abel to  recreant it by multiple clickes on the >> button 

opss

in my recreation i got 100000$

but my luncpads are now both at level 1

edit: found som lins on this in output_log

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9v2j8q9bjmuq7o4/‏‏output_log KCTbug.zip?dl=0

edit2: after the end of the upgrade timer my lunch pad and lunch pad 2 are back at level 3 and 2

Edited by danielboro

Is there any way for me to make my window preferences for this mod persistent?  Every time I recover a craft and return to the KSC-scene, I have to reopen the KCT build list gui.  How can I just open it, toggle a setting, and just have the mod remember that I want that window ALWAYS open in the KSC-scene, the editor scene, and to be open by default upon vehicle launch?  (I anticipate that I'll evolve my career progression to the point where there'd be times that I'd prefer to close it, but I'd care to do so manually at those times.)

Even if the persistence reset with every KSP play-session, constantly having to do it after every single early-career grind mission is ... unfortunate.

On 12/14/2016 at 2:35 PM, paul23 said:

I've been running 1.0.5 until now, and my game always crashed at the end of a simulation anyway. I don't think it's a bug, just the sheer volume of mods I run. In career I just deal with it and reload (SSD ftw) because of the sim costs, but most of the time I play in science mode and have found a better way that doesn't require yet another mod.

I just use a Sandbox save literally called 'test'. I copy the .craft files from my actual save to that, build and warp until done, launch, and record problems and revision ideas on a piece of paper. You can also quicksave and use notepad++ to edit the ship into various orbits, which is a simple thing to do and useful for testing rovers, landers, and ships you will be building in orbit (so you can make sure they work first, then worry about getting them there).

10 minutes ago, saxyomega90125 said:

I've been running 1.0.5 until now, and my game always crashed at the end of a simulation anyway. I don't think it's a bug, just the sheer volume of mods I run. In career I just deal with it and reload (SSD ftw) because of the sim costs, but most of the time I play in science mode and have found a better way that doesn't require yet another mod.

I just use a Sandbox save literally called 'test'. I copy the .craft files from my actual save to that, build and warp until done, launch, and record problems and revision ideas on a piece of paper. You can also quicksave and use notepad++ to edit the ship into various orbits, which is a simple thing to do and useful for testing rovers, landers, and ships you will be building in orbit (so you can make sure they work first, then worry about getting them there).

Welcome to the forums!!! I use a mod called KRASH to simulate. It's very good.

• 2 weeks later...

is there any dev build for 1.2? or is it 1.2 compatible? I have a lot of mods that rely on 1.2, so I can't play on 1.1.3

So I just found that you have a 1.2 on GitHub, oops me.

Edited by ThatHTU

1 hour ago, ThatHTU said:

is there any dev build for 1.2? or is it 1.2 compatible? I have a lot of mods that rely on 1.2, so I can't play on 1.1.3

So I just found that you have a 1.2 on GitHub, oops me.

There is stable build for KSP 1.2.x available, but it's not on GitHub. You can find it here. After unpacking KCT_base.zip, put the latest dll file (marked as _ksp1.2_3) in the "plugins" directory. Install MagiCore separately from here.

Edit: There's no simulation feature in this version of KCT, so remember about installing KRASH.

Edited by Sol Invictus

8 minutes ago, Sol Invictus said:

There is stable build for KSP 1.2.x available, but it's not on GitHub. You can find it here. After unpacking KCT_base.zip, put the latest dll file (marked as _ksp1.2_3) in the "plugins" directory. Install MagiCore separately from here.

I think this post has everything in a single download too:

I have been using KCT with my save for quite a while now, but all of the sudden it isn't working with the save anymore. The icon isn't showing at the bottom anymore and going to any earlier saves does not solve the problem. However, when I start a new save, KCT functions perfectly. Heres my output log:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4wjXOtt9_9XRnNOcGpXQ1R2S0E

I have an interesting issue and I don't know if it's an issue with this mod.  I'm just curious if anybody else has experienced this, with dev builds of Deadly Reentery and FAR, I have no GUI to start a build while in the VAB or SPH.  I would be happy with a hot key to start the build in this case.