[1.4.1] Kerbal Construction Time 1.4.0.69 (2018-03-24) - Unrapid Planned Assembly

magico13

15 hours ago, magico13 said:

Edit your save to set the launch pad level to "2" instead of -1 or whatever it's set at right now. The latest build (#34, assuming you're on 1.3. 1.2.2 doesn't have this change yet) overhauled the upgrade process so it probably won't get stuck like this again.

ah right grand, thanks for the help, was worried I'd lose the save

9 hours ago, strudo76 said:

Since there is the option of having automatic KAC entries created, would it be possible to allow having them added manually? I don't really want every item to be listed in KAC, but I might want to know when a particular vessel is completed construction. Maybe it could be added to the asterisk options menu for the vessel? Just a thought anyway.

Yeah, I want to completely overhaul how the KAC alarms are created so you can also filter it so not everything makes alarms automatically. I can also add in making them manually as part of the * menu. This all is a pretty low priority though and has been on my todo list for a while.

Hey Magico, question for you - do you know how KCT works with multiple KSC's and the PQScity waypoint generation available in Contract Configurator?  I'm curious if there's anyway to make a waypoint be generated near the KSC that the player is currently focused on.

Edited by Maxsimal

2 hours ago, Maxsimal said:

Hey Magico, question for you - do you know how KCT works with multiple KSC's and the PQScity waypoint generation available in Contract Configurator?  I'm curious if there's anyway to make a waypoint be generated near the KSC that the player is currently focused on.

No idea. The only thing with multiple KSCs I've messed with is with KSC Switcher and that physically changes the coordinates of the KSC. If you're using that then if CC lets you place them relative to the KSC's coordinates (or if you can get the regular KSC's coordinates) then you could maybe do it that way.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to bother you with this, but it looks to me like you ditched the Inventory and the Simulation functionality from the Version used with 1.2.2 RO/RP0 (1.3.5.7). Is that intentional or did you just not get around to updating them yet? Will they come back or do I have to use ScrapYard and KRASH for that?
Thx a lot for your hard work!

18 minutes ago, Warp11 said:

Sorry to bother you with this, but it looks to me like you ditched the Inventory and the Simulation functionality from the Version used with 1.2.2 RO/RP0 (1.3.5.7). Is that intentional or did you just not get around to updating them yet? Will they come back or do I have to use ScrapYard and KRASH for that?
Thx a lot for your hard work!

Yes. I recommend you use KRASH for your simulation needs.

I have this very annoying issue with my VAB, Launchpad and Runway reverting to level 1. I upgraded everything to level 2, but when I come back out of VAB, they're back to level 1.

I editted my save-file to put them back, but when I enter the VAB/SPH and come back out, they are always reset to level 1.
I did some tests putting numbers in the save. It seems to stick if I put:

name = ScenarioUpgradeableFacilities
        scene = 5, 6, 7, 8
        SpaceCenter/LaunchPad
        {
            lvl = 0.5
        }
        SpaceCenter/Runway
        {
            lvl = 0.5
        }
        SpaceCenter/VehicleAssemblyBuilding
        {
            lvl = 0.5
        }

This puts the runway at level 4, VAB and launchpad at level 3.

The numbers also don't add up. Level 2 Launchpad says 18 Ton max, while inside VAD it says 9 Ton max. Level 3 says 36 Ton max, while in VAB 72 Ton max.

Doing more testing reveals upgrading runway to lvl 3, makes it go to lvl 4 upon exiting VAB/SPH.

I'm playing a heavily modded KSP 1.3, using the KCT Dev-Build ("VERSION":"1.3.9.0",)

I saw on the previous page people with relevant issues, but that was previous Dev-build with stuff being set at -1 initially. I reloaded a brand new career to check, the numbers at at 0 to start.

How could I help solve this?

Output_log

Edited by FishBone
Adding log

4 hours ago, FishBone said:

I have this very annoying issue with my VAB, Launchpad and Runway reverting to level 1. I upgraded everything to level 2, but when I come back out of VAB, they're back to level 1.

Do you have the mod SETI-CustomBarnKit-Config (EXPERIMENTAL) version 0.9.1.0 install?  Others have noted similar bugs and resolved them by removing that mod.

There's also a new version of Custom Barn Kit out.  Perhaps see if that resolves the bug.  Available from here.  https://ksp.sarbian.com/jenkins/job/CustomBarnKit/

Edited by Jacke

6 hours ago, FishBone said:

1 hour ago, Jacke said:

Do you have the mod SETI-CustomBarnKit-Config (EXPERIMENTAL) version 0.9.1.0 install?  Others have noted similar bugs and resolved them by removing that mod.

There's also a new version of Custom Barn Kit out.  Perhaps see if that resolves the bug.  Available from here.  https://ksp.sarbian.com/jenkins/job/CustomBarnKit/

They do have that config installed it looks like, based on the log, so @FishBone please try out that updated version of Custom Barn Kit and let me know if you're still having troubles. I worked out a lot of kinks with KCT and CBK in some earlier builds so I'd be a bit surprised if there are still more (although, at the same time not that surprised).

Also, thanks for the log, it's appreciated. One minor thing (kind of addressed to everyone), KCT's version file isn't updated regularly right now so don't rely on its version. The version in the file doesn't change between builds so all of the builds from the build server have version 1.3.9.0. The real version is baked into the .dll and is visible in the properties if you right click it. In your case you're running 1.3.0.35, or just build 35. That's a more useful version number, but the log has it too so it's not a big deal that you get the mention the right one as long as you provide a log.

@Jacke & @magico13 : First off, thank you for the speedy replies.

I updated 'Custom Barn Kit' to the newly released version and it seems to have resolved the issue. Did a few tests demolishing and upgrading buildings, going in and out of VAB/SPH and the levels seem to stick. The engineer-numbers (in VAB/SPH) are also back in-line with the values shown on runway/launchpad.

Hurray!

While I have your attention, I'd like to thank you for your mods Magico. I've been playing KSP since alpha, and after KCT broke I stopped. I've been skulking this thread waiting for you to update the mod so I could get back into KSP :)

So again: Thanks for all your wonderful work and the time and effort put into it.

Cheers!

12 hours ago, FishBone said:

@Jacke & @magico13 : First off, thank you for the speedy replies.

I just happened to see that @sarbian had updated CBK as I follow that topic and though it could fix things.  More thanks to devs like sarbian and @magico13 for writing and maintaining these wonderful mods.  We just have to give them good feedback including logs and clean test cases to assist them.  As well as letting them know when they do fix things too.

Edited by Jacke

KCT does not work with Galileo's Planet Pack installed under KSP 1.3 with the latest dev build. It told me that it couldn't load the KCT data and to upload a log file but I'm not sure where that'd be.

EDIT: turns out I was an idiot and forgot to copy over MagicCore with KCT 

Edited by lambaline

9 hours ago, lambaline said:

KCT does not work with Galileo's Planet Pack installed under KSP 1.3 with the latest dev build. It told me that it couldn't load the KCT data and to upload a log file but I'm not sure where that'd be.

The log, assuming you're on Windows and using the 64 bit version of KSP, is in the KSP_64_Data folder and is called output_log.txt

Small update and bug encounter.

Launchpad has been upgraded to level 4 in my career and to rollout the vehicles it's showing me 'Infinity:NaN:NaN:NaN'

Downgrading it back to 3 solves it, so does upgrading to level 5 (although this gives a 0:0:0 rollout-time).

Any idea what this might be caused by? Current working around by setting rollout-recondition slider to 0-100%.

Edited by FishBone

@FishBone it's most likely the recon/rollout formula. It divides by (3-[L]) or something like that to make it so earlier launchpads have less reconditioning time. With stock at level 3 (internally level 2) it works fine, but going to level 4 would make it zero and a divide by zero happens. Just change the 3 to whatever the highest level is, or remove that whole division thing if you don't want the rollout/recon to scale with launchpad level.

I really need to add a max level variable (if I didn't already...) and use that instead in that formula.

Edit: I've now added a max level variable and updated the default formula to use that. I'd now recommend replacing the "3" with "[LM]"

Edited by magico13

On 23/08/2017 at 7:51 PM, FishBone said:

@magico13That fixed it yup, thanks.

Sorry... No, it isn't... [LM] Give you the highest possible internal level, right ? And [L] the current internal level. So [LM]-[L] when your launchpad is at max gives you 0. Again. "3" was the stock level so, with a stock launchpad at max, the formula gives you 3 - 2 = 1. In fact, [LM] - [L] add much more time to the recon/rollout time!

It should be ([LM]+1) / [L]

1 hour ago, ZEvangile said:

Sorry... No, it isn't... [LM] Give you the highest possible internal level, right

You are correct, it is the internal level which for stock maxes out at 2. The correct formula should have ([LM] - [L] + 1) in the denominator so that a level one pad (0 internally) in Stock should give (2-0+1) = 3, and a level 3 (2 internally) would give (2-2+1)=1. In stock that would cause the first pad to have 1/3 of the rollout/reconditioning time of fully upgraded one, the second pad level to have half of a full one, and the last pad to have the full amount of time.

With 4 levels it'd be a quarter, a third, a half, and full.

Just dropping by to say that I have been using the dev version and scrapyard in my 1.3 career play through, with no issues (with KCT--Scrapyard is understandably a bit opaque to me at the moment). This is a favourite mod of mine, as it restores some sense of time to the game (even if I am still finding times a bit short with a 5x multiplier atm). 

One small feature that is annoying: if I click on a ship in the queue and choose 'warp to' it still stops at every intervening finished reconditioning/vehicle (possibly because I am also using KAC?). Is there a way to warp without stopping for the higher-queued items?

I've downloaded KCT ver 1.3.4, and I can't seem to get it working in KSP 1.3. I've deleted the extra MagiCore file, like some said in an earlier post, but that  hasn't helped. Is there some sort of workaround I need to do in order to get it working?

I also deleted a second, previous copy of ModuleManager I accidentally installed while putting my mod pack together, but that didn't help either.

My Mods:
Distant Object 1.9.2
Engine Lighting 1.5
Final Frontier 1.3.2
Kerbal Alarm Clock 3.8.5
Outer Planets Mod (Galileo) 1.2
PlanetShine 0.2.5.2
Realistic Atmospheres 1.2.3
RealPlume 0.11.4
Transfer Window Planner 1.6.2

Support Mods:
Kopernicus 1.3
MagiCore 1.3
SmokeScreen 2.7.5
Module Manager 2.8.1

• 3 weeks later...

Alright, I am hopelessly confused by this issue. When I start a new file (currently using KCT version 1.3.5.7, which was the newest version I could find on archive.org), KCT has a popup to assign your starting points and settings. However, the settings menu is just a blank screen (you can't even close it, and have to reload from a save to click on other options). In addition, the launchpad is not accessible through the VAB or the main screen for the space center.

I'd seen other reports of this in the thread tied to having a duplicate Magicore Dll, but that's not the case here- I've checked. 

This link is the output log from my last attempt to start a game with KCT installed: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-QtxkhTvQrtYXBwTVNlVVA0cWc/view?usp=sharing

Can anybody decipher what conflict is causing this? I've not played KSP in over a year, but Construction Time was and is essential to my idea of this game, and I REALLY want tot be able to keep it that way.

Edited by hidden_sage

So I am trying the kerbal construction time mod, and if I select choose presets, I get a blank, grey window. I can't exit out of it. If I just go to spend upgrades, I get to choose upgrades to my build times, cool.

If I go in to the VAB and try to build something, I can just go to new, save, open, or launch. If I click launch nothing happens. if I exit the VAB and try to go to the launch pad the vessel list window flashes for a second and then goes away. If I advance time I am not constructing anything. How am I supposed to use this mod?