[1.4.1] Kerbal Construction Time 1.4.0.69 (2018-03-24) - Unrapid Planned Assembly

magico13

On 9/20/2017 at 3:42 PM, CYoungCS said:

I am having the same issues as hidden_sage. No duplicate magicore dll

On 9/19/2017 at 10:30 PM, hidden_sage said:

Can anybody decipher what conflict is causing this? I've not played KSP in over a year, but Construction Time was and is essential to my idea of this game, and I REALLY want tot be able to keep it that way.

Both of you please try the following build (1.3.5.91). It is a manual build of the latest code. https://github.com/magico13/KCT/releases

On 9/20/2017 at 8:00 AM, hidden_sage said:

Alright, I am hopelessly confused by this issue. When I start a new file (currently using KCT version 1.3.5.7, which was the newest version I could find on archive.org), KCT has a popup to assign your starting points and settings. However, the settings menu is just a blank screen (you can't even close it, and have to reload from a save to click on other options). In addition, the launchpad is not accessible through the VAB or the main screen for the space center.

I'd seen other reports of this in the thread tied to having a duplicate Magicore Dll, but that's not the case here- I've checked. 

This link is the output log from my last attempt to start a game with KCT installed: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-QtxkhTvQrtYXBwTVNlVVA0cWc/view?usp=sharing

Can anybody decipher what conflict is causing this? I've not played KSP in over a year, but Construction Time was and is essential to my idea of this game, and I REALLY want tot be able to keep it that way.

I got this when I had two magicore.dll's in my gamedata folder. One was in the gamedata folder itself and was outdated. The other was in gamedata\magicore folder and was up to date. I deleted the outdated one and KCT is working fine for me. But if this is not your case please ignore.

5 hours ago, magico13 said:

Both of you please try the following build (1.3.5.91). It is a manual build of the latest code. https://github.com/magico13/KCT/releases

Can you tell me what is different here from last dev build?

Edited by Assassinsat

9 hours ago, Assassinsat said:

Can you tell me what is different here from last dev build?

It should be the same as the last build from the build server. If you're already running that then you don't need to update, but with the server being down I needed to provide an alternate download location.

15 hours ago, Assassinsat said:

I got this when I had two magicore.dll's in my gamedata folder. One was in the gamedata folder itself and was outdated. The other was in gamedata\magicore folder and was up to date. I deleted the outdated one and KCT is working fine for me. But if this is not your case please ignore.

Yeah, I'd checked on that first thing, just because I'd seen reports on it previously. Not the case here, sadly.

20 hours ago, magico13 said:

Just installed this and trying it now. Thanks for passing along the update.

Edit: Success! I've launched a ship. With build times and all. Thanks!

Edited by hidden_sage
Status Update

I just wanted to again say, thank you.

I am using the community tech tree, with a lot of parts mods, and this mod as well. I am 15 days in, and among having the city lights, clouds, a realistic ocean, and time to even upgrade mission control, I feel a lot more immersed.

Its been 15 days. The Kerbin space program, which for me was set up by the Kerbol government has launched 5 things. Failing a test means more time until revenue can come in. No more spam launching vessels (that always really bothered me). Now, when i actually even get to the mun, or orbit, it will mean something.

Is it at all possible to make the build rates for the second and third queues and so on to also go at the rate of 0.5?

I would like to think of it like investing in assembly lines in a factory and would just like every upgrade point to be worth the same.

1 hour ago, CYoungCS said:

Is it at all possible to make the build rates for the second and third queues and so on to also go at the rate of 0.5?

I would like to think of it like investing in assembly lines in a factory and would just like every upgrade point to be worth the same.

Yes. If you go into settings and then "show formulas" the equation in the build rate box will contain several instances of "[ I ]". This is the variable representing the index of the build queue. Replacing this with zero (the index of the 1st queue) throughout the equation will make all queues improve at the same rate as you spend upgrades on them.

Edit: had to add spaces in [ I ] to stop the forum software thinking I meant italics.

Edit 2: re-read the equation carefully this time. It's only the first "[ I ]" that needs to be set to zero.

55 minutes ago, CYoungCS said:

Also are there any points i can spend to speed up reconditioning time?! 

None of the variables in the reconditioning formula are dependent on KCT upgrade points. How much you've upgraded the VAB/SPH and Launch Pad/Runway do get factored into the default equation though.

Edited by Aelfhe1m
formatting

Looking for suggestions on how to implement this mod part way through a save... 

I'm familiar with the mod as used it RO/RP-0, but my main game right now is a SETI/unmanned-before-manned play through on hard settings in the stock system. I'm about 200ish Kerbin-days into the game and just put my first interplanetary probe en route to Duna, and have about half of the 160 science nodes unlocked. My pad, vab, R&D, AC, TS, and NC are level 2.

If I add the mod now, I definitely don't want to start with the beginning game upgrade amounts and so I want to hack my install to give me a realistic progression of where I might be had I installed it from the beginning. Does anyone have suggestions on what upgrade levels I should be around at this point in my career? Do you remember whereabouts you were around the time you started sending your first interplanetary probes out? 

Ill probably just set it to what "feels right" but I've never used this mod in a stock-ish save before, only RO/RP-0, so I'm not sure what are realistic build times. 

1 hour ago, pearldrumbum said:

If I add the mod now, I definitely don't want to start with the beginning game upgrade amounts

If you add it right now you should be given all of the upgrade points automatically for the nodes you've already unlocked. Since you have a tech tree with more nodes than normal, you're going to be way over on upgrades so you might want to up the overall multiplier to balance that. There are about 60 stock nodes so if you set the overall multiplier to about 2.5 (2.67 actually) then your times should be better balanced against what is "stock". I'd try out a few different values until you find something you like, RP-0 tends to prefer longer build times so you might decide to up the overall multiplier to 5 or more.

5 hours ago, CYoungCS said:

Also are there any points i can spend to speed up reconditioning time?! 

Reconditioning (and rollout) is dependent on the VAB build rates. As you increase those rates the reconditioning times will go down automatically.

5 hours ago, CYoungCS said:

Assuming you mean 0.05, change the BuildRateFormula so that it is (just remove the "([ I ]+1)" part at the beginning):

(0.05*[N] + max(0.1-[I], 0))*sign(2*[L]-[I]+1)

Edited by magico13

21 hours ago, CYoungCS said:

Thanks.  I figured it was build rate but wasn't sure what all of the numbers meant and didn't want to mess it up.

There;s an overview of all that here if you're interested. It's a little out of date but is mostly correct and it explains what all the variables are and what the formulas do, although some like the build rate formula do a lot that isn't directly mentioned (since it also affects rollout/reconditioning and also KSC upgrades)

4 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

@magico13

How close is this to being ready for release?  I'm thinking of adding it to my stream game with GPP

I've scored hundreds hours of gameplay with development versions and haven't experienced any serious issues.

18 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

@magico13

How close is this to being ready for release?  I'm thinking of adding it to my stream game with GPP

It's basically stable. I was going to try to have a full release of ScrapYard and then release this, but I've been busy lately and haven't finished it. Plus the RP-0 folks have a branch with some changes they wanted and I was going to merge those in when they were done. Pretty much just those two things at the moment are holding it back.

11ce46f8905a3a7f1c07fc55d22bfaeb.png

Hello guys,

i have the same Problem as previously described where the KCT Settings and Overlay are just a blank grey box. I am using the version 1.3.5.91 of KCT, my KSP version is 1.2.2. There is no magicore.dll file in the GameData Folder, only in the MagiCore Folder.

Output_log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fufieiwt57dwf3v/output_log.txt?dl=0

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2 hours ago, TrooperCooper said:

Part inventory still does not work / is beeing rewritten? Or have I meesed up my settings? I am not seeing inventory effects at all with the dev version. :(

I think you need to install ScrapYard, if you haven't already.

Edited by Rodhern
deleted white-space

So I'm thinking about modifying the NodeFormula so tech nodes will research faster.  I've looked at some posts from other people who were tinkering with it, but it's just making me go cross-eyed and get a headache.

The formula is at stock right now.  What would I need to change to make research go, say, two or three times as fast?

2 hours ago, SilverlightPony said:

So I'm thinking about modifying the NodeFormula so tech nodes will research faster.  I've looked at some posts from other people who were tinkering with it, but it's just making me go cross-eyed and get a headache.

The formula is at stock right now.  What would I need to change to make research go, say, two or three times as fast?

I am not entirely sure, but I think this is how you do. Go to KCT Settings, fold out the formulas by clicking "Show/Hide Formulas". In the NodeFormula window you see something like "2^([N]+1) / 86400". Change that to, say, "2^([N]+1) / 86400 * 3". [Edit: Remember to click apply]. Now your nodes will be researched 3 times as fast.

Edited by Rodhern

On ‎11‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 10:46 AM, Rodhern said:

I am not entirely sure, but I think this is how you do. Go to KCT Settings, fold out the formulas by clicking "Show/Hide Formulas". In the NodeFormula window you see something like "2^([N]+1) / 86400". Change that to, say, "2^([N]+1) / 86400 * 3". [Edit: Remember to click apply]. Now your nodes will be researched 3 times as fast.

I'd recommend you enclose the entire formula in brackets before applying the multiplier, just to be sure e.g. - (2^([N]+1) / 86400) * 3