[1.4.1] Kerbal Construction Time 1.4.0.69 (2018-03-24) - Unrapid Planned Assembly

magico13

Hi @alekkat,

What happens? Screenshots? Are you familiar with how this mod works? Have you used it before and it isn't working now, or is this the first time you've used it? KCT is one of the best mods (imo) at adding a new immersive element that also makes total sense for gameplay--time matters. But it also changes certain gameplay elements, and if you don't know where the build queue is and how to check it, then it is entirely possible you have a rocket being built right now (so to speak) and don't even know it... :)

I am not the dev, but I've been using KCT for a long time and I'm happy to help you if I can.

3 hours ago, alekkat said:

the top right grey bar shows up nothing else.

Verify that you've got the latest build from here, and that there isn't a MagiCore.dll sitting in the GameData folder by itself (there should only be one at GameData/MagiCore/MagiCore.dll). If that doesn't work, please get me a log file per the linked forum thread:

1 hour ago, magico13 said:

Verify that you've got the latest build from here, and that there isn't a MagiCore.dll sitting in the GameData folder by itself (there should only be one at GameData/MagiCore/MagiCore.dll). If that doesn't work, please get me a log file per the linked forum thread:

At least I *tried* to help... lol 

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎2018‎-‎01‎-‎01 at 10:01 AM, Nightfury said:

Don't know if I should ask it here, but well

If I use KCT and KSC Switcher together is there a way of transfering a already build vessel from e.g. Cape Canaveral to Vanendberg AFB?

Already built, or already loaded to the Launchpad and in-game as a spawned craft and flyable?

Hello guys - question:
How to make engine after "active vessel recovery" to stage again?
I can activate engine manually or add it to action group but it won't ignite on stage.

I do not think it's problem with particular engine as it happened to every single one I was able to recover. Chutes, etc are being recovered and re-set just fine.

Am I missing anything or is this a bug?

I've seen tutorial on wiki and module templates seem to have engine template and all

On 1/17/2018 at 4:38 PM, przybysz86 said:

How to make engine after "active vessel recovery" to stage again?

You might have to pick it up in the editor and place it again. Or the staging might just need to be fixed. I don't remember having issues with getting the engines to stage again, but I may have been manually fixing the staging each time I reused a vessel.

7 hours ago, Nightfury said:

Only build and in the storage of the VAB at CCAFS/KSC

There isn't a mechanism that allows this right now. If it's a one time thing then you can edit the save file to do it, but if it's something you want to do regularly it's not something that is supported. Since the different launch sites get their own set of upgrades, this could be abused to have KSCs that can churn out vessels very quickly and then send them all to your favorite site. The idea is to instead specialize your launch sites to different things based on geography. So you could have a place that is better for polar orbits and another that is better for equatorial orbits and you'd build your polar/equatorial rockets on-site (which might abstractly relate to some manufacturing somewhere else).

8 hours ago, magico13 said:

You might have to pick it up in the editor and place it again. Or the staging might just need to be fixed. I don't remember having issues with getting the engines to stage again, but I may have been manually fixing the staging each time I reused a

I've used editor to refuel it, place it back ok clamps, etc.
Staging is just fine after editor too.

All is fine. Rocket/plane/whatever is perfectly functional. Only problem is that engines do not stage but have to be re-activated manually to work.
I use RO/RSS/RP0 on 1.2.2 and I've downloaded last KCT not marked as for 1.3 if that makes the difference.

On 19.1.2018 at 8:41 AM, przybysz86 said:

I've used editor to refuel it, place it back ok clamps, etc.
Staging is just fine after editor too.

All is fine. Rocket/plane/whatever is perfectly functional. Only problem is that engines do not stage but have to be re-activated manually to work.
I use RO/RSS/RP0 on 1.2.2 and I've downloaded last KCT not marked as for 1.3 if that makes the difference.

Dont RP0 engins have limited number of starts.

Kct keeps the number it had wen recoverd

Edited by danielboro

8 minutes ago, danielboro said:

Dont RP0 engins have limited number of starts.

Kct keeps the number it had wen recoverd

I will have to check but I think I was able to re-ignite recovered engine but I must say it never came to me to check this explicitly :)

2 minutes ago, Pointblank66 said:

I was wondering if this mod is compatible with version 1.3.1?

There are some dev versions compatible with 1.3.1, available in the link in the original post. They may eat your save, although mine is alright so far.

18 hours ago, theonegalen said:

There are some dev versions compatible with 1.3.1, available in the link in the original post. They may eat your save, although mine is alright so far.

Yeah, I've been running the dev version for weeks and weeks without issue.  There's even a new developer version of the Scrapyard add-on with some performance fixes which is very nice.

On ‎01‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 3:01 PM, Nightfury said:

Don't know if I should ask it here, but well

If I use KCT and KSC Switcher together is there a way of transfering a already build vessel from e.g. Cape Canaveral to Vanendberg AFB?

I think I've found a way to do this -

• Build a rocket.
  • Roll it out to the pad
  • Click launch
  • From the launch pad return to the space centre
  • Go into the tracking station
  • Click on the site you want to move the rocket to
  • From the left hand list of vessels click your rocket and go to it
  • Once at the launch pad open the KCT menu
  • Click on VAB and then on 'recover active vessel'
  • The rocket will be recovered to the currently active site instead of the original one
  • Once recovered, roll out again and launch from the new site

I've not done any testing on this beyond establishing that it's possible.

1 hour ago, SmarterThanMe said:

Where in the save file or KCT_Settings.cfg is the upgrade points located? Because I seem to have -21. :D

They're calculated from the tech tree. Make sure the setting for "upgrades from tech tree" is active and try restarting KSP. If that doesn't work, try changing the UpgradeResetFormula to 0 and resetting your upgrades. You'll have to reassign them, but according to that dialog you have 78 total and those will still be available to spend.