[1.4.1] Kerbal Construction Time 1.4.0.69 (2018-03-24) - Unrapid Planned Assembly

magico13

Alright, KCT seems to be pretty much ready to go as far as I can tell with some limited testing. So if anyone's willing to do some more thorough testing, please grab the latest build from the build server here and let me know what weird problems you find. Even if you don't find anything after a fairly comprehensive play session(s), let me know if it all seems to be working for you (or not). I'm going to change up a couple things with how the build server does builds to match ScrapYard's setup, but I anticipate KCT should be officially released in the next few days pending a bit more testing.

I watched a youtube series while I was playing myself and now I somehow think I NEED KCT^^

I just got a few questions on how to do it:

Is it correct to say I need KCT, scrapjard and stage recovery for the experience?

Is it a big performance hit? (Background processing and stuff like that).

6 minutes ago, maculator said:

Is it correct to say I need KCT, scrapjard and stage recovery for the experience?

StageRecovery isn't required, but it can help since it'll result in more parts being recovered. But ScrapYard is very strongly recommended, although not strictly required and you can play with KCT without it just fine if you don't really care about reusability.

Performance shouldn't be affected that much. The main scene that has issues is the editor since there are some hefty calculations done there by ScrapYard and KCT.

Edited by magico13

Thanky you. Well reusability is the whole point I guess^^

I'll just store my current career somwhere save and give the devbuild a go!

The guy in the yt series had some ships he used over years, thats exactly what I want to be encouraged to. Anyways I'll gladly test it out and report back, got some time and will play the next few days straight.

Clicking here results in a direct launch with no build time.  (intended?)

Z49lSad.png

(of course that's the Making History Expansion giving me 2 launch sites - I *think*)

Edited by tg626

28 minutes ago, tg626 said:

Clicking here results in a direct launch with no build time.  (intended?)

Z49lSad.png

(of course that's the Making History Expansion giving me 2 launch sites - I *think*)

Sounds like you're not on the latest build. That should be adding a new build that uses that launch site by default. Make sure you're on build 49 (you can check the .dll's properties to see what build you're on) which you can grab from here.

oKZJSKY.png

Edited by magico13

17 hours ago, maculator said:

I watched a youtube series while I was playing myself and now I somehow think I NEED KCT^^

I just got a few questions on how to do it:

Is it a big performance hit? (Background processing and stuff like that).

Can you post a link?

He said there are about ~3 episodes to come and then its finished. Impressive that he kept it going from 1.0.5 (I guess) until the present. And it's the most underrated stuff I've ver seen, besides the loud intro and outro it's really good stuff.

Edited by maculator

On 18/03/2018 at 3:58 PM, magico13 said:

I can look into this, but since you can't normally launch with a kerbal in an external seat I might not be able to do much with it (depending on how TakeCommand works) since KCT goes around the normal crew handling methods.

No Problem, if you can't do anything, perhaps you could add it as a known issue?

I thought there might be a chance, that this is just a minor change, when i realized, that you have to launch the capsules crewed, too, in order to take the inventory with you.

Also in the capsules the inventory is labled as "[Kerbal]'s inventory" (after launch, when you right-click the capsule), so it seems to be a personal inventory, as it would be with the seats.

13 hours ago, tg626 said:

Here's mine (note different "last modified" time?) and it's 8pm here, so it's not the time I unzipped it.

I think I might know why it's happening. Are you running 32 bit KSP? There's a slight difference between the 32 bit version and the 64 bit version that breaks some of the tricks I do to get at the buttons. I've run into it in the past and just forgot about it, but I have a workaround I can use. I'll get it fixed up tonight.

7 hours ago, maculator said:

He said there are about ~3 episodes to come and then its finished. Impressive that he kept it going from 1.0.5 (I guess) until the present. And it's the most underrated stuff I've ver seen, besides the loud intro and outro it's really good stuff.

If you guys get really bored I used to have a KSP youtube series back before (and during) when I first started modding. You can see the very first alpha releases of KCT! 

7 hours ago, BlueTiger12 said:

No Problem, if you can't do anything, perhaps you could add it as a known issue?

I thought there might be a chance, that this is just a minor change, when i realized, that you have to launch the capsules crewed, too, in order to take the inventory with you.

Also in the capsules the inventory is labled as "[Kerbal]'s inventory" (after launch, when you right-click the capsule), so it seems to be a personal inventory, as it would be with the seats.

I'll add it as a known issue and if I get a chance I'll see if I can allow launching with command seats. I haven't really looked into it yet.

7 hours ago, tg626 said:

Nope "1.4.1.2089 (WindowsPlayer x64) en-us"

Hmm. I tested it in 32 bit and 64 and it was working for me. Can you zip up the log file and send it my way?

3 hours ago, magico13 said:

Hmm. I tested it in 32 bit and 64 and it was working for me. Can you zip up the log file and send it my way?

Just tell me the path and file name, it's been awhile and there are a few files with the ,log extension...

On 19/03/2018 at 2:29 AM, magico13 said:

if anyone's willing to do some more thorough testing, please grab the latest build from the build server here and let me know what weird problems you find. Even if you don't find anything after a fairly comprehensive play session(s), let me know if it all seems to be working for you (or not).

Well, I know I've been poking you alot recently, but I have to say that KCT and ScrapYard seem to be playing very nice together now. No issues found.

33 minutes ago, tg626 said:

Just tell me the path and file name, it's been awhile and there are a few files with the ,log extension...

Either the KSP.log in the main KSP folder, or the output_log.txt file which got moved to %USERPROFILE%\AppData\LocalLow\Squad\Kerbal Space Program\. Either one should have the info I'm looking for.

7 minutes ago, severedsolo said:

Well, I know I've been poking you alot recently, but I have to say that KCT and ScrapYard seem to be playing very nice together now. No issues found.

Sweet, good to know. I tested all the situations I could think of where they'd interact and fixed all the issues I could find, but I'm sure there are more issues hiding in weird situations, as there always are.

Ok -Meanwhile in other news:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1VjVZE1R3YEtaRNxKBjWskk-DdQmnf-go

Crash that happened after a vehicle blew up on the pad and I attempted to "Revert to Vehicle Assembly Building"

And here's the log from that same crash (let me know if you want a "crashless" log too)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1S5ZXtl0pXUjNW0IoiHpBnWZoXz5wNk0M

I do not know if it is the same issue, but I am having problems with KCT soft crashing my game when I try to go back to the space center to rollback a craft. I get a warning that the game is seriously broken now and there is nothing to rollback. I thought maybe the mod does not support that new launch site, but it happens with the main one as well. Reverting the flight to the launchpad also does it.

Here is the log file, good lord it is huge unzipped: https://drive.google.com/open?id=11wmWAlDXh1uSoo6CUyZ1X0yDqgmitF27

Edited by demibear

18 hours ago, demibear said:

I do not know if it is the same issue, but I am having problems with KCT soft crashing my game when I try to go back to the space center to rollback a craft. I get a warning that the game is seriously broken now and there is nothing to rollback. I thought maybe the mod does not support that new launch site, but it happens with the main one as well. Reverting the flight to the launchpad also does it.

It's hard to tell what's going on since you're being spammed nonstop by KSP-AVC errors. That's probably giving you lag and definitely is why that log file is so big. @linuxgurugamer is going to be updating KSP-AVC and fixing bugs in the next few days, so you might want to remove the one you have installed and wait for that update.

22 hours ago, tg626 said:

Ok -Meanwhile in other news:

Hard to tell what's causing it. KSP tends to crash on scene changes though and there's not usually much you can do about it. I did see the issue with the launch buttons in my own game and have an idea of why it might be happening, so I'm going to play around with that tonight.

Build #53 should fix the issue with the various launch buttons losing their overrides. It was happening if you loaded or created a new ship (any time the editor would restart) so I just had to add a listener for that event to re-override the buttons.

2 hours ago, demibear said:

Bah, guess I am not playing KSP for 6 months again. I will do that and and all the mini-avc bundled in mods. Then send another log file.

That's a bit extreme. Removing KSP-AVC isn't going to affect your gameplay in any way, and when LGG gets it ready for 1.4.1, you can just put it back into your game. Don't know why that will make you not play for 6 months?