[1.4.1] Kerbal Construction Time 1.4.0.69 (2018-03-24) - Unrapid Planned Assembly

magico13

4 hours ago, chrisl said:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8qczkokq3fdwxlj/output_log.txt?dl=0 That's a copy of my output_log taken just now.  All I did was load up, go into VAB, select a rocket, click on launch, then exited out of the game.

I don't know how, but it's saying there's an invalid binding redirect from KCT 1.3.5.91 to 1.3.0.44. Try completely removing the KCT folder and then installing it again. If that doesn't work, copy your KSP and remove everything except KCT and start a new save with it, just to see if it will work correctly at all on your machine.

12 hours ago, magico13 said:

I don't know how, but it's saying there's an invalid binding redirect from KCT 1.3.5.91 to 1.3.0.44. Try completely removing the KCT folder and then installing it again. If that doesn't work, copy your KSP and remove everything except KCT and start a new save with it, just to see if it will work correctly at all on your machine.

I tried as you suggested.  Deleted both my KCT and Magico folders then grabbed both from the build 44 link you provided.  Even went so far as to delete the module manager cache just to make sure it rebuilt everything.  Same issue.  Then I setup a brand new, clean KSP 1.3.1.1891 setup and only installed KCT, Magico (both from the build 44 download) and ModuleManager.3.0.6.dll.  Far as I can tell, I get the same error.

EDIT: I pulled a copy of KCT 1.3.0.38 and MagiCore 1.3.1 from their respective GitHub release pages.  Tried those on my clean KSP 1.3.1.1891 install and they appear to be working.  1.3.0.38 is just listed as a pre-release and I don't know what changes you made between it and build 44 so not sure if its the best build I should be using.  But after a quick check, it does seem to be working.

Edited by chrisl

21 minutes ago, chrisl said:

I pulled a copy of KCT 1.3.0.38 and MagiCore 1.3.1

Build 38 is going to be missing a bunch of features that the RP-0 devs had added in so if you can get build 39 working then that would be preferable over build 38. If not, then let me know. There's a chance I can backport the current release to 1.3.1 if people are going to be using 1.3.1 for RP-0 for the foreseeable future.

4 minutes ago, magico13 said:

Build 38 is going to be missing a bunch of features that the RP-0 devs had added in so if you can get build 39 working then that would be preferable over build 38. If not, then let me know. There's a chance I can backport the current release to 1.3.1 if people are going to be using 1.3.1 for RP-0 for the foreseeable future.

Ok.  I pulled a copy of Build 39.  On my clean KSP install, it appears to work (left MagiCore 1.3.1).  And it appears to be working on my RO/RP1 setup as well.

Quick Q -- 

When *editing a craft in KCT storage (or in construction queue) does KCT only check against current Funds for the *change* in cost to the craft, or the *total* new cost?

I'm at a very early stage of a new career game, and down to my last couple thousand (using Monthly Budgets). I wanted to trick out a new car/rover with some science parts, and it balked at allowing the save since the listed cost was higher than my current balance. I cheated in a couple thousand (hey! it's *my* game...) just to be able to save my changes -- but when I got back out to the space center, the entire amount wasn't actually spent and I was able to un-cheat the $2000.

I know this will only be an issue if you're close to being in the red, but now that I'm trying out Monthly Budgets, It'll be a common occurrence.

Edited by Beetlecat

36 minutes ago, Beetlecat said:

for the *change* in cost to the craft, or the *total* new cost? 

It's for the change.

I guess you also have ScrapYard installed, that saves a lot of money too, if you reuse parts.

3 minutes ago, Gordon Dry said:

It's for the change.

I guess you also have ScrapYard installed, that saves a lot of money too, if you reuse parts.

Yes -- Scrap Yard is present, but I didn't have any pre-built science parts yet.

Still curious then why it wouldn't let me save my edits. The "solution," of course, is to not allow myself to get so behind in funds. :D

1 minute ago, Beetlecat said:

The "solution," of course, is to not allow myself to get so behind in funds.

I also use MonthlyBudget, but based on reputation (150% rep +/- vs. 30% funds +/- in career settings).

1 hour ago, Gordon Dry said:

I also use MonthlyBudget, but based on reputation (150% rep +/- vs. 30% funds +/- in career settings).

I haven't even gotten to the end of my first month. I ate through the game-start $25K pretty quickly! :D

1 minute ago, Beetlecat said:

I haven't even gotten to the end of my first month. I ate through the game-start $25K pretty quickly!

I started with more funds to invest into the space center and my first reaching space was day 49, with crew day 96.
Sounding rockets were the only thing I did at the beginning.

Idea light rain:

Is there a means of enforcing a "refurbishing" time for a craft itself, to enforce having multiple instances (of a service tug, SSTO, etc.) or a fleet of active craft? Maybe a secondary tick-down after recovery, during which a craft could also be edited/modified. Maybe based on overall BV, similar to how the rollout/recondition timers work.

Currently, craft are ready to go after recovery, and refueling is pretty much instant. I'd like to give some craft a "rest day" (also using Crew R&R, so this works great), but obviously, simpler craft like cars or small planes wouldn't need regular down time, but only occasional maintenance.

6 minutes ago, Beetlecat said:

Is there a means of enforcing a "refurbishing" time for a craft itself, to enforce having multiple instances (of a service tug, SSTO, etc.) or a fleet of active craft? Maybe a secondary tick-down after recovery, during which a craft could also be edited/modified. Maybe based on overall BV, similar to how the rollout/recondition timers work.

How about ScrapYard? With Kerbal Konstruction Time, it appears to satisfy your requirements.

And perhaps you would be interested in Oh Scrap! too.

38 minutes ago, Lisias said:

How about ScrapYard? With Kerbal Konstruction Time, it appears to satisfy your requirements.

And perhaps you would be interested in Oh Scrap! too.

Already using both :)

The "issue" arises when using KCT's recovery tool, rather than the main KSP Recover button. The craft is recovered back to the hangar, and is immediately available for the next mission. If there was a part failure, or any other need to swap out a component, the "build" time to do that does kick in, but if there's nothing to change, the craft is just ready to go. :) 

2 hours ago, Beetlecat said:

If there was a part failure, or any other need to swap out a component, the "build" time to do that does kick in, but if there's nothing to change, the craft is just ready to go. :) 

Oh, now I see.

Well, I can think of a quick & dirty solution - a weightless and dragless "part" to be attached to the craft, and this part always 'break' on launch, and need time (and money) to be rebuilt before reuse. This would simulate the maintenance time/cost without having to change working code. What do you think?

Edited by Lisias
typos. as usual.

That's an interesting idea -- it would provide an easy way to just require the downtime--however it would need to be variable cost to account for the desired turnaround time: Half an hour for an auto/rover, a few hours for a small plane, a couple days for a complex SSTO... etc.

21 hours ago, Beetlecat said:

That's an interesting idea -- it would provide an easy way to just require the downtime--however it would need to be variable cost to account for the desired turnaround time: Half an hour for an auto/rover, a few hours for a small plane, a couple days for a complex SSTO... etc.

When you use KCT's recovery it will require an amount of time between the rollout time and twice the rollout time before the vessel is available to launch again. The intention was that that time was for recovery and a bit of refurbishment. It's not currently possible to adjust that time separately from the rollout time (presets/formulas didn't exist yet), but if that feature remains in KCT2 then it would be a separate formula.

@magico13 I absolutely love using this mod. It's become a must have mod for my KSP career campaign. Thank you for creating!

It's working good with my KSP v1.4.3 and the mods I use. Look forward to it being fully compatible, if it's not already.

Edited by GJNelson

15 hours ago, magico13 said:

When you use KCT's recovery it will require an amount of time between the rollout time and twice the rollout time before the vessel is available to launch again. The intention was that that time was for recovery and a bit of refurbishment. It's not currently possible to adjust that time separately from the rollout time (presets/formulas didn't exist yet), but if that feature remains in KCT2 then it would be a separate formula.

That was going to be a part-2 of my question: if the recovery time could be doubled/tripled/etc. I'd rather not make rollout too long, so for the moment I'll just stick to a house rule if I find it important / convenient to do so. ;)

Edited by Beetlecat

2 hours ago, Chrisbburn said:

In the formulas Does  the variable "Part Tracker" have any effect if you aren't using Scrap Yard

I believe it will return 0 if Scrap Yard is not being used.

Is it intentional that when using the other launchsites and "Reconditioning blocks Rollout" that reconditioning the main pad blocks rollout to all of them? I would expect every pad to be able to be used "simultaneously" so to speak.