[1.4.1] Kerbal Construction Time 1.4.0.69 (2018-03-24) - Unrapid Planned Assembly

magico13

1 hour ago, severedsolo said:

Is it intentional that when using the other launchsites and "Reconditioning blocks Rollout" that reconditioning the main pad blocks rollout to all of them? I would expect every pad to be able to be used "simultaneously" so to speak.

Nope, not intentional. I didn't write that option and didn't think about it when I updated to 1.4. Should be a simple change I think.

When using Oh Scrap! and Scrapyard, is it better to use the KCT recovery and edit the craft in storage to replace parts, or use the stock recovery and build a new vessel from the inventory? Every time I have a part failure and use the KCT recovery, I seem to struggle to get the craft ready for flight again without the same failure displaying immediately.

Another thing I seem to get is when using the KCT recovery on aircraft, next time I use the vessel (without editing first), it always orients in the upright (rocket) position. My last craft happened to be so well balanced that it just sat on the Juno engine and couldn't get enough thrust to flip it onto it's wheels :D

Thanks

Hi,

I don't really understand some things in this mod and I don't find the explanations in the 130 pages ... to be honest google was my friend and point me on a page on this thread related to the keyword but not related to my question :/ and I don't readed the 130 pages 

when I go in upgrades/R&D I can upgrades two things :

Research  1.5sci/86400BP

Development 4 sci/day

here is my question :

when I build a vessel I gain 1.5 science points each 86400 BP or 1,7361e-5 SP for each BP? ... in others terms is the progression by stage or continue. And if it's by stage, if I don't reach the next stage at the end of my vessel build (ie 45000BP) is the BP earned saved for the next build or it restart from zero ?

Is it possible to customise the time it takes to have a vessel ready to go again when using then Recover active vessel to KSC button? I'd like to make my recovery time from somewhere much longer, hopefully based on distance from KSC.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

FEATURE REQUEST

Not sure if possible but would be cool if when reverting to vehicle assembly - it would be revert to VAB in 'edit' mode instead of just loading the saved vehicle. So many times I've reverted to vab and then made changes to vessel only to realize I'm not actually editing the already built one. 

Edited by SomeWebDevGuy
Example of why change would be good

@magico13

You cannot launch with kerbals in command chairs, so if you assign a KIS inventory to that kerbal in the editor then it definitely won't be there when you launch.

How high priority is fixing this on your current agenda?

I like to mix KCT with Unmanned before manned, and while it isn't gamebreaking, being limited to not use any kerbals on the ground is a bit annoying and stalling in my career progression. For now I'll see it as a added limitation for added difficulty but I do hope a new release comes soon and that it fixes this problem.

On 5/27/2018 at 9:46 PM, strudo76 said:

When using Oh Scrap! and Scrapyard, is it better to use the KCT recovery and edit the craft in storage to replace parts, or use the stock recovery and build a new vessel from the inventory? Every time I have a part failure and use the KCT recovery, I seem to struggle to get the craft ready for flight again without the same failure displaying immediately.

Another thing I seem to get is when using the KCT recovery on aircraft, next time I use the vessel (without editing first), it always orients in the upright (rocket) position. My last craft happened to be so well balanced that it just sat on the Juno engine and couldn't get enough thrust to flip it onto it's wheels :D

Thanks

Can't talk specifically for with Oh Scrap but in general it's a shorter build time to use KCT recovery and edit. At worst it would end up taking the same amount of time (or slightly longer because of the time to recover the vessel).

The always pointing up for planes is a known issue. You just have to edit it and it'll orient correctly. I might not ever get around to actually fixing it.

On 5/28/2018 at 6:13 PM, DarkSlimus said:

when I build a vessel I gain 1.5 science points each 86400 BP or 1,7361e-5 SP for each BP? ... in others terms is the progression by stage or continue. And if it's by stage, if I don't reach the next stage at the end of my vessel build (ie 45000BP) is the BP earned saved for the next build or it restart from zero ?

You only earn it when the vessel is completed and if you edit the vessel later you won't earn any more from the edits. It just calculates the value of the entire vessel at the time of completion, then adds the appropriate amount of science to your total.

BP or Build Points is just a somewhat hidden "value" or "difficulty" for the vessel and is determined using the user-configurable formulas based on the parts that comprise the vessel. The rates are then in units of BP per second. You don't "earn" extra BP that you can spend, instead it restarts from zero for each build.

On 6/6/2018 at 12:38 AM, strudo76 said:

Is it possible to customise the time it takes to have a vessel ready to go again when using then Recover active vessel to KSC button? I'd like to make my recovery time from somewhere much longer, hopefully based on distance from KSC.

Not without changing the rollout time since they're directly related. It already varies from the rollout time to twice the rollout time when on the opposite side of the planet.

On 6/21/2018 at 7:39 AM, SmarterThanMe said:

Any plans to integrate with Kerbin-side Remastered?

Well, it should theoretically already work with Kerbal Konstructs which means it should work with Kerbinside, but I haven't ever checked.

On 6/24/2018 at 3:17 AM, SomeWebDevGuy said:

FEATURE REQUEST

Not sure if possible but would be cool if when reverting to vehicle assembly - it would be revert to VAB in 'edit' mode instead of just loading the saved vehicle. So many times I've reverted to vab and then made changes to vessel only to realize I'm not actually editing the already built one. 

Yeah, that's something I've thought about doing but it's not always the right solution either. I could maybe override the revert dialog to add a "Revert and Edit" button so you could choose but that'd be for KCT2.

On 6/24/2018 at 12:05 PM, GrubbyZebra said:

So slight issue:

If you turn off "build times" but keep building upgrade times and reconditioning, you can't bring up the build list to warp to completion of the end of research or upgrades or reconditioning.

I don't know that I've ever tried turning off build times but keeping those time constraints on. I was pretty sure that they wouldn't stay on either with build times off. You could edit the formula for the build point values so that builds are near instantaneous, but otherwise that's not really a supported configuration right now.

On 6/24/2018 at 5:43 PM, GrubbyZebra said:

On a different note, any ideas of how to keep the setting window from popping up every time I go to the space center scene?

That shouldn't be happening... I thought there was code in place to stop that, but as above you are using a somewhat unsupported configuration.

On 6/25/2018 at 8:10 AM, Aeroboi said:

@magico13

How high priority is fixing this on your current agenda?

I like to mix KCT with Unmanned before manned, and while it isn't gamebreaking, being limited to not use any kerbals on the ground is a bit annoying and stalling in my career progression. For now I'll see it as a added limitation for added difficulty but I do hope a new release comes soon and that it fixes this problem.

It's not really a priority, but then again nothing KSP related really is right now... I would not expect another release of KCT, probably ever. If I come back to KSP I had plans to rewrite KCT but at this point that's a good size if.

23 hours ago, TheAnonymous said:

Hi has the bug with recovered planes pointing up been fixed? I love this mod, this is the only bummer for me coz I love flying planes in KSP.

Nope. You can edit the craft to put it the right direction or you can use the normal recovery and rebuild it with inventory parts, but unless somebody submits a pull request with that fixed then I'm probably not fixing it any time soon, sorry.

30 minutes ago, magico13 said:

Nope. You can edit the craft to put it the right direction or you can use the normal recovery and rebuild it with inventory parts, but unless somebody submits a pull request with that fixed then I'm probably not fixing it any time soon, sorry.

That's ok man, thanks! Love the mod bro!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all,

I am having problems with KCT displaying the "error loading KCT data" error message when I change scenes. I am not entirely sure which of my many mods might be conflicting with it, since restarting the game clears it until I change a scene again. Using a rolled back 1.4.3

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1wxPbtDOwmri8c5TOH214BlMa0T9swxAS

Edited by demibear

Hey there! I'm using KCT version1.3.9.0 on KSP 1.3.1 with Realism Overhaul 12.1.0, RSS 13.1.0

I have problems with recovery:

I can successfully recover a craft that has landed on the runway, and I can launch the craft again just fine.

However, it is turned 90° upwards (causing it stand on its tail).
Also, the tanks are never refilled but are just as empty as they were when the craft was recovered.

Is there any way to fix this? Am I using it wrong? How can I refuel my craft and launch them in the right orientation?

Edited by Kobymaru

5 hours ago, Kobymaru said:

I can successfully recover a craft that has landed on the runway, and I can launch the craft again just fine.

However, it is turned 90° upwards (causing it stand on its tail).
Also, the tanks are never refilled but are just as empty as they were when the craft was recovered.

Is there any way to fix this? Am I using it wrong? How can I refuel my craft and launch them in the right orientation?

I'm always editing the recovered craft. It then appears 90° turned, but corrects its orientation when I move it a bit. Then there is a button "refill tanks" in the small KCT menu. That works fine for me. I understood that this is how it is designed, but ain't sure about that.

On 7/3/2018 at 11:56 AM, magico13 said:

It's not really a priority, but then again nothing KSP related really is right now... I would not expect another release of KCT, probably ever. If I come back to KSP I had plans to rewrite KCT but at this point that's a good size if.

Totally feeling this point -- KSP is in a holding pattern for me until 1.4.5 drops, and mod authors feel "safe" enough to release fixes/updates. I just rolled my install back to 1.4.3, but it doesn't have my attention at all for the increasingly dwindling time available for gaming. :)

3 hours ago, Maestro22 said:

I'm always editing the recovered craft. It then appears 90° turned, but corrects its orientation when I move it a bit. Then there is a button "refill tanks" in the small KCT menu. That works fine for me. I understood that this is how it is designed, but ain't sure about that. 

Thanks, finally found the menu for editing a craft. I did that with two crafts, and the crafts came out at 23% and 73% changes! Which I don't quite understand because they had those changes even before I even touched them in the editor.

When recovering a launched vessel that has jettisoned its boosters / engines, i am left with nothing more than the probe. Is there a way to fix this because all i get is a box telling me to save edits, cancel edits, or fill tanks. It will not let me go in to import a ship to add a new set of boosters or engines.

Also playing with the ett and about 120,000 science points. Lots of mods. Any good settings to balance this?

On 7/20/2018 at 10:19 PM, CYoungCS said:

Also playing with the ett and about 120,000 science points. Lots of mods. Any good settings to balance this?

Balance it in what fashion?  What's your balance goal?

2 hours ago, CYoungCS said:

Not sure, still new to ksp. Default settings actually seem good, I just changed a few things though.

Well, my personal settings are: https://gist.github.com/WuphonsReach/c350695cff3cc11f59772f0da5f2cdb7

• Four to eight years before you get a vessel into orbit (if you start with 15k funds and zero science).
  • Twenty to thirty years to escape Kerbin's SoI.  I usually have comm sats and science probes at Duna/Eve by about year 25.
  • I do play with CTT, so upgrade points are more plentiful, but I need more science to unlock everything.  But I also have various part packs installed that add more science experiments.
  • The upper limit on purchasing upgrade points is higher (money/science sink for late game).
  • Vessel build times are measured in hundreds of days for the first build, gradually going down to 50-250 days (part re-use, more VAB build lines, faster VAB build lines).
  • Rolling out to the launch pad will take tens of days.
  • It will take more upgrade points to get science speed up to 1/day (300 point node takes 300 days).  If you're researching multiple nodes at once, the lower priority nodes research slower.
  • Stage Recovery + Kerbal Alarm Clock + KRASH + Scrapyard + ScienceParamModifier (to nerf Mun/Minmus values) work well together for this.

You're going to be jumping time forward 100-300 days at a time the first 20-30 years.  On the flip side, you spend more time in the lower nodes of the tech tree, which forces me to be creative.  This also makes using life-support mods harder because you can't build a rocket to re-supply Jeb on a day's notice.

(There's a folder in "GameData/KerbalConstructionTime/KCT_Presets/" where you can put additional preset files or keep your own copies of the existing presets.)

Edited by WuphonsReach

Thanks. I may mess with that, after awhile, as it is the stock setting seems ok. 4-6 days to build a sounding rocket is ok I guess? I'm an accounting student and want to keep track of my finances in a spreadsheet and just need to not be launching 30 missions in a day for that to work.

As an aside, how did you get KRASH to work? It won't work for me. There doesn't seem to be an output log and I'm reasonably certain it, and its dependencies are installed correctly, but I get no simulation button to test my craft out.