[1.4.1] Kerbal Construction Time 1.4.0.69 (2018-03-24) - Unrapid Planned Assembly

magico13

On 10/22/2018 at 7:23 AM, danielboro said:

i was thinking i couldn't recover to list do to choosing no revert

but i did succeed 1 time of the many i tried

then agen Magico  did say it was an unreliably hak

It definitely appears to be somewhat hacky. I need to review this code. I might be able to leverage some of the ideas that the Hangar mod uses. The difficult part is resetting single-use parts and such.

• 3 weeks later...

Update:

Some progress has been made on the code front. I've got a build server going here:

https://dev.azure.com/KSPModsWMF/KerbalConstructionTime/_build?definitionId=9

Builds are compiled against the latest version of my code after I check in changes. This is untested, unsupported, and *not a release*. I'm still working on getting the launch pads to work correctly after the changes that were made with launch sites.

But if you want to try it out in 1.5.1, the latest build will at least run. There may be exceptions or errors. 

One other thing I am planning on doing is leveraging a pre-built expression parser for the formulas, so they will follow order of operations, and provide additional functions. I have added the code for the MIT-licensed Expressive but not yet tied it into the formulas.

Edited by westamastaflash

5 hours ago, westamastaflash said:

Update:

Some progress has been made on the code front. I've got a build server going here:

Builds are compiled against the latest version of my code after I check in changes. This is untested, unsupported, and *not a release*. I'm still working on getting the launch pads to work correctly after the changes that were made with launch sites.

But if you want to try it out in 1.5.1, the latest build will at least run. There may be exceptions or errors. One other thing I am planning on doing is leveraging a pre-built expression parser for the formulas, so they will follow order of operations, and provide additional functions. I have added the code for the MIT-licensed Expressive but not yet tied it into the formulas.

2 hours ago, Tybot said:

Thanks for the update. Been waiting patiently with quiet anticipation.

1 hour ago, razark said:

Indeed.

I've been playing, but it just seems wrong to not wait for construction.

While we've been waiting patiently for an up to date build for 1.5.1 I've been happily plowing on with the latest release for 1.4.5 and it's working just fine for me, haven't run into any bugs or problems, nor any conflicts with the 75~ish up to date mods I am using in my 1.5.1 career. I obviously can't promise anyone they'll have as painless an experience as me, but just as a potential FYI, should you really want to use the mod, it seems the previous version still works.

7 minutes ago, vardicd said:

I obviously can't promise anyone they'll have as painless an experience as me, but just as a potential FYI, should you really want to use the mod, it seems the previous version still works.

Thanks for the info.

I haven't been playing in a while, so I figured I'd just dive in without KCT to get back into it.  I soon realized how much difference it makes to have to wait.  I'm not sure I want to stick this into an existing save, so I'll probably just restart once this gets a firm update.

Edited by razark

8 hours ago, vardicd said:

While we've been waiting patiently for an up to date build for 1.5.1 I've been happily plowing on with the latest release for 1.4.5 and it's working just fine for me, haven't run into any bugs or problems, nor any conflicts with the 75~ish up to date mods I am using in my 1.5.1 career. I obviously can't promise anyone they'll have as painless an experience as me, but just as a potential FYI, should you really want to use the mod, it seems the previous version still works.

I played through 1.4.5, but I wasn't happy with being unable to launch from other sites with Kerbinside... So waiting now.

9 hours ago, razark said:

Thanks for the info.

I haven't been playing in a while, so I figured I'd just dive in without KCT to get back into it.  I soon realized how much difference it makes to have to wait.  I'm not sure I want to stick this into an existing save, so I'll probably just restart once this gets a firm update.

wen i started my new save i wanted to use less mods

one of the mods i opted out was KCT

then after i had a mission to mun, a DSN in orbit and my VAB and lunch pad were at level 2 i looked at the time

i was still in my first day ?!?!?

thats wen i disided i cant play without KCT and added it to the game

i didnt have any problem adding it mid save

3 minutes ago, danielboro said:

then after i had a mission to mun, a DSN in orbit and my VAB and lunch pad were at level 2 i looked at the time

Yeah this is the biggest problem that I am working on solving. The VAB / launch pad levels are completely screwed up. Also, the inability to launch from Dessert or Woomerang. Plus KSCSwitcher / KerbinSide support is also broken. 

On 11/13/2018 at 12:52 PM, westamastaflash said:

Update:

But if you want to try it out in 1.5.1, the latest build will at least run. There may be exceptions or errors. 

One other thing I am planning on doing is leveraging a pre-built expression parser for the formulas, so they will follow order of operations, and provide additional functions. I have added the code for the MIT-licensed Expressive but not yet tied it into the formulas.

I would love to try and help, since I am not a dev or even a hacker.  [just a player] , I am not seeing an obvious 'download' from the above link.

15 hours ago, gamerscircle said:

I would love to try and help, since I am not a dev or even a hacker.  [just a player] , I am not seeing an obvious 'download' from the above link.

Yeah it's not completely clear. You need to click into the latest build (Manual Build 20181103.6), select the "summary" tab, and there is a zip file under 'build artifacts published'.

On 11/14/2018 at 6:53 AM, westamastaflash said:

Yeah this is the biggest problem that I am working on solving. The VAB / launch pad levels are completely screwed up. Also, the inability to launch from Dessert or Woomerang. Plus KSCSwitcher / KerbinSide support is also broken. 

I'm not sure if this feedback will be helpful, but I am actually not having an issue launching from the other launch sites using KCT 1.4.0.69 on KSP 1.4.5 (Linux).  The drop-down menu in the VAB for selecting the launchsite does not work; however, in the KCT window, clicking on the * by the ship name and then clicking select launch site does offer a work around.  I think I have only tested this launching a plane from the Dessert Runway, not any of the rocket launch pads or the island airfield.

If you would not mind a feature request down the road after you finish the initial overhaul...currently KCT disables clicking on the launchpad or runway so that you can only launch craft from within the VAB/SPH.  Would it be possible in the future to look into tying KCT into these "buildings" so that craft can be added directly to the build queue?  In stock behavior, clicking on the launchpad/runway opens the list of craft and you can select and launch straight from there.  In my mind, it would be great if KCT could tie into this to save a few steps of having to go into the VAB, loading the craft, then clicking launch if possible.  I'm sure magico13 had a reason for blocking this path so it may not be feasible.

Thanks @magico13 for this fantastic mod and thanks @westamastaflash for maintaining/overhauling!

Edited by BlkBltChemie

1 hour ago, BlkBltChemie said:

I'm not sure if this feedback will be helpful, but I am actually not having an issue launching from the other launch sites using KCT 1.4.0.69 on KSP 1.4.5 (Linux).  The drop-down menu in the VAB for selecting the launchsite does not work; however, in the KCT window, clicking on the * by the ship name and then clicking select launch site does offer a work around.  I think I have only tested this launching a plane from the Dessert Runway, not any of the rocket launch pads or the island airfield.

If you would not mind a feature request down the road after you finish the initial overhaul...currently KCT disables clicking on the launchpad or runway so that you can only launch craft from within the VAB/SPH.  Would it be possible in the future to look into tying KCT into these "buildings" so that craft can be added directly to the build queue?  In stock behavior, clicking on the launchpad/runway opens the list of craft and you can select and launch straight from there.  In my mind, it would be great if KCT could tie into this to save a few steps of having to go into the VAB, loading the craft, then clicking launch if possible.  I'm sure magico13 had a reason for blocking this path so it may not be feasible.

Thanks @magico13 for this fantastic mod and thanks @westamastaflash for maintaining/overhauling!

I would love that as a feature as well. As for the launch issue, it might have to do with a brand new save having trouble identifying the KSC launch pad. I am still in the process of debugging. I can only work on this some evenings and weekends since I work FT and have a 3 year old, but I'm making slow progress.

10 hours ago, BlkBltChemie said:

I'm not sure I understand this feature request. You can already launch a craft without going to the VAB by opening the KCT window in the KSC scene, selecting VAB or SPH and clicking launch? Unless I'm not understanding what you're trying to do?

6 hours ago, strudo76 said:

I'm not sure I understand this feature request. You can already launch a craft without going to the VAB by opening the KCT window in the KSC scene, selecting VAB or SPH and clicking launch? Unless I'm not understanding what you're trying to do?

start building a new roket

16 hours ago, strudo76 said:

Great question @strudo76; I think @danielboro already answered it, but let me expand with an example to try to illustrate.  My suggestion was in regards to building a new craft that has been previously designed.

Let's say I want to launch a new satellite.  I go into the VAB, design...um...RelaySat 1, click the launch button, and it gets added to the KCT building queue.  Time warp ahead until it is built, then rollout, launch, and mission complete. 

Now let's say 10 days later I want to launch RelaySat 2, which is the exact same craft as RelaySat 1.  I can't use 'duplicate' in the KCT window because I have already launched RelaySat 1 and it is not in the list anymore.  So I have to go into the VAB, open/load RelaySat 1, then click the launch button to add it to the build list.  My feature request is to be able to click the Launchpad (which in stock opens the list of craft you have already designed, but in KCT is completely disabled), select RelaySat 1 from that list, then click the launch button and have it added to the build list.  It is a small quality of life improvement (in my opinion) that saves the step and time of having to actually load RelaySat 1 in the VAB.

Edited by BlkBltChemie

9 hours ago, BlkBltChemie said:

Great question @strudo76; I think @danielboro already answered it, but let me expand with an example to try to illustrate.  My suggestion was in regards to building a new craft that has been previously designed.

Let's say I want to launch a new satellite.  I go into the VAB, design...um...RelaySat 1, click the launch button, and it gets added to the KCT building queue.  Time warp ahead until it is built, then rollout, launch, and mission complete. 

Now let's say 10 days later I want to launch RelaySat 2, which is the exact same craft as RelaySat 1.  I can't use 'duplicate' in the KCT window because I have already launched RelaySat 1 and it is not in the list anymore.  So I have to go into the VAB, open/load RelaySat 1, then click the launch button to add it to the build list.  My feature request is to be able to click the Launchpad (which in stock opens the list of craft you have already designed, but in KCT is completely disabled), select RelaySat 1 from that list, then click the launch button and have it added to the build list.  It is a small quality of life improvement (in my opinion) that saves the step and time of having to actually load RelaySat 1 in the VAB.

Ah I see now. That would be a nice little feature.

7 hours ago, HaydenTheKing said:

Not getting the option to use recovered parts? https://imgur.com/a/faodnKP

Mod List https://imgur.com/gallery/BIEVDtq

Output Log https://justpaste.it/550o2

Really sucks because I updated to 1.4.5 just for this mod.

Yeah the ability to use recovered parts natively was migrated out of KCT and is now handled separately by :

You may also want to look at:

If you're not already using this mod, it allows you to recover dropped stages automatically, either by making sure there are parachutes, or by ensuring there is a probe core, and engines and fuel contained within, and the mod will do a 'simulated' powered landing for you. It is still possible for stages to burn up on re-entry if you drop them too high/too fast though.

4 hours ago, vardicd said:

Yeah the ability to use recovered parts natively was migrated out of KCT and is now handled separately by :

You may also want to look at:

If you're not already using this mod, it allows you to recover dropped stages automatically, either by making sure there are parachutes, or by ensuring there is a probe core, and engines and fuel contained within, and the mod will do a 'simulated' powered landing for you. It is still possible for stages to burn up on re-entry if you drop them too high/too fast though.

I have scrapyard installed with KCT

6 hours ago, danielboro said:

You need scrap yard for this

Did you move from 1.2? I think that was the last integrated ksp

I updated my game from 1.31, never used kct before. I have scrapyard installed as well

2 hours ago, HaydenTheKing said:

8 hours ago, danielboro said:

You need scrap yard for this

Did you move from 1.2? I think that was the last integrated ksp

I updated my game from 1.31, never used kct before. I have scrapyard installed as well

sorry for the nee-jerk reaction without looking in the pics

thers a new button in the tool bar for SY

you need to use that to add parts

its not tru the KCT menu

2 hours ago, HaydenTheKing said:

Ah, my bad. I answered this post last night on my way to bed, and being half asleep didn't look at your install and situation as closely as I should have. You're looking for the scrapyard interface to apply used parts to a build. The option to use already built and recovered parts can be set to auto apply during builds, but I don't recall if it is automatically. regardless this is what you're looking for:

ph5rT90.jpg

9gxlSTb.jpg

1 hour ago, vardicd said:

Ah, my bad. I answered this post last night on my way to bed, and being half asleep didn't look at your install and situation as closely as I should have. You're looking for the scrapyard interface to apply used parts to a build. The option to use already built and recovered parts can be set to auto apply during builds, but I don't recall if it is automatically. regardless this is what you're looking for:

ph5rT90.jpg

9gxlSTb.jpg

How do I pull up that menu?

1 hour ago, danielboro said:

sorry for the nee-jerk reaction without looking in the pics

thers a new button in the tool bar for SY

you need to use that to add parts

its not tru the KCT menu

I found the button, it says parts are stored. Is there a way to find a repository of all the parts I have?

Edited by HaydenTheKing