[1.4.1] Kerbal Construction Time 1.4.0.69 (2018-03-24) - Unrapid Planned Assembly

magico13

Hi Everyone, I am using KSP version 1.6 and I have downloaded KCT for use on my career game which was already started.  I notice that when I build ships and hit the launch button, a copy of the ship goes into the build queue but another copy is placed on the launch pad or runway for immediate use.  Anyone else seeing this behavior?

Sorry, I should have included the KCT version, I have v1.4.0.69 installed via CKAN.

Edited by HawkEngineer
Updated KCT version Information

On 11/13/2018 at 3:52 PM, westamastaflash said:

Update:

Some progress has been made on the code front. I've got a build server going here:

https://dev.azure.com/KSPModsWMF/KerbalConstructionTime/_build?definitionId=9

Builds are compiled against the latest version of my code after I check in changes. This is untested, unsupported, and *not a release*. I'm still working on getting the launch pads to work correctly after the changes that were made with launch sites.

But if you want to try it out in 1.5.1, the latest build will at least run. There may be exceptions or errors. 

One other thing I am planning on doing is leveraging a pre-built expression parser for the formulas, so they will follow order of operations, and provide additional functions. I have added the code for the MIT-licensed Expressive but not yet tied it into the formulas.

@westamastaflash 

how is it going, any updates since November?

@westamastaflashI'm working on reviving the OSE Workshop.  I'd like to adjust the build time to be more closely aligned with KCT.  Can you point me to the right place in the code of KCT which calculates the build time for KCT?   

Thanks

Edited by linuxgurugamer

11 hours ago, HawkEngineer said:

Hi Everyone, I am using KSP version 1.6 and I have downloaded KCT for use on my career game which was already started.  I notice that when I build ships and hit the launch button, a copy of the ship goes into the build queue but another copy is placed on the launch pad or runway for immediate use.  Anyone else seeing this behavior?

Which version of KCT are you running?

On 1/31/2019 at 6:18 PM, HawkEngineer said:

Sorry, I should have included the KCT version, I have v1.4.0.69 installed via CKAN.

Same problem happening to me. KSP Version 1.5.1, Mod Version 1.4.0.69

Edit: I disabled override launch button in KCT settings and using KCT Build button. Its working now.

Edited by AlimOncul
Adding

3 hours ago, AlimOncul said:

Same problem happening to me. KSP Version 1.5.1, Mod Version 1.4.0.69

Edit: I disabled override launch button in KCT settings and using KCT Build button. Its working now.

Thanks for the tip, I have also disabled the override launch button in KCT and it seems to be working alright using the KCT build button after some limited testing.

KCT allows to build ships with parts that are locked or unresearched yet. It doesn't do the check with either Launch button or Build button. KCT 1.4.0.69, KSP 1.6.1

On the other hand, KRASH does do this check every time, which I think is redundant. I think it's ok to do simulation with unresearched/locked parts, or at least have an option to allow that (I set zero prices for simulations anyway).

I was thinking about this the other day after watching one of Alexustas' IVA test videos that included the "recovery radio" prop. It basically triggers the recover process when there's proper signal, and the craft has stopped moving. Amazing that I'm still discovering how cool these bits are years later... ;)

Spoiler

On 6/5/2018 at 9:38 PM, strudo76 said:

Is it possible to customise the time it takes to have a vessel ready to go again when using then Recover active vessel to KSC button? I'd like to make my recovery time from somewhere much longer, hopefully based on distance from KSC.

Thanks

On 7/3/2018 at 11:56 AM, magico13 said:

Not without changing the rollout time since they're directly related. It already varies from the rollout time to twice the rollout time when on the opposite side of the planet.

Having the recover time (which the radio would have to somehow trigger KCT *instead of the stock one?*) be given a modifier based on distance from the nearest active base would be fantastic. 

I'm not above building a rescue VTOL to get Kerbals and science out of some remote highlands, but routinely would be a bit much. Having it take days/weeks would be a great incentive to get better at aiming for the KSC (or intended base).

Just some further ideating on that concept while this mod is taking a snooze for the moment. :)

Hey everyone.

I'd like to have a VERY simple formula for build times and need some help as I don't understand the formula system.

I would like build time to be determined only by number of parts and the upgraded level of the VAB.

So for example a thirty part craft * smallest VAB = say 30 * 1.5 giving 45 days to construct. Or 100 part craft with tier two VAB is 100 x 1 and 100 days. A 150 part craft with largest VAB would be say 150 * .5 taking 75 days.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!  Peace.

On 2/5/2019 at 10:10 PM, theJesuit said:

I would like build time to be determined only by number of parts and the upgraded level of the VAB.

Let me give this a shot (based entirely on the outdated wiki page):

EffectivePartFormula = "1"
ProceduralPartFormula = "1"
BPFormula = "[E]*86400" //this will be the total number of parts times 24 hours (use 21600 for kerbal days instead [I accidentally said 14400 earlier, that is 4 hours not 6])
BuildRateFormula = "(([L]*[L])+2)/3*sign(-[I])" // 2/3 BP/s, 1 BP/s, 2 BP/s

You may want to turn rollout/reconditioning off or adjust that as well since that's mass based.

Edited by magico13
21600 is a kerbal day, not 14400

So. i have tried both the dev branch, and stable release, with the same issue every time.

every time i try to open the build list, this happens:

https://imgur.com/a/5WXVWvh

im on 1.6.1... a couple have said they got it working there but idk how. everything i have tried has led to this glitched window.

here is my mod list lazily screenshotted rather than typed out.

https://imgur.com/a/V5neCFl

help? please? really want this, nothing takes its place, and all i can see at this point is to wait for an update, official or not.

I doubt its the problem, but I do see your using an old version of ModuleManger. That might imply that some of your other mods are out of date too, Try double checking everything is up to date. You might want to include the log files. They might show more info.

2 minutes ago, BlackHat said:

I doubt its the problem, but I do see your using an old version of ModuleManger. That might imply that some of your other mods are out of date too, Try double checking everything is up to date. You might want to include the log files. They might show more info.

soooo i totally thought i had an up to date module manager... checking if that was the issue now

okay. issue still happens. will have to get yall log later. gotta head to bed, work early.

On 12/14/2018 at 7:33 PM, Jade_Falcon said:

What you may have to do is start a new save with version 1.4.0.69 of the mod.  I did that, and the errors so far have gone away, with all of the same mods loaded.

One page 134, this problem is also mentioned
I had this problem too, and using this older version as well as starting a new save fixed it for me (but i then stayed on the old version)

On 2/7/2019 at 9:16 PM, ThePhoenixSol said:

So. i have tried both the dev branch, and stable release, with the same issue every time.

every time i try to open the build list, this happens:

https://imgur.com/a/5WXVWvh

im on 1.6.1... a couple have said they got it working there but idk how. everything i have tried has led to this glitched window.

here is my mod list lazily screenshotted rather than typed out.

https://imgur.com/a/V5neCFl

help? please? really want this, nothing takes its place, and all i can see at this point is to wait for an update, official or not.

I have had this glitch before, on older versions of ksp. I haven't really played since 1.3-ish era. I still lurk here, waiting for the day that most of the mods I want to play with run together on the most current KSP version.

Anyway, this bug was caused by a mod conflict for me, and was solved by removing the mod. As you said, this mod is rather irreplaceable, so the decision was easy for me. I'm sorry I cannot remember which mod caused me the problem. The best I can suggest is get yourself a clean copy of KSP and install only KCT, and do a baseline test. Then copy over your mods from your current install in chunks of ten or so at a time, and test between each chunk. When you notice the bug, start over with a fresh install and just KCT, then copy those last ten over one at a time, testing between each. This will help you narrow it down much faster.

On 1/17/2019 at 1:05 AM, westamastaflash said:

Ahh KSP is now 1.6? I will try to find some time this weekend to work on this. It's been touch and go with a ton of crap at work right now...

A month since westamastaflash's last post on the forum, 3 months since the last update.. I think he's probably too committed to real life stuff to get work done here

Anyone else willing to pick up the baton?

3 hours ago, SmarterThanMe said:

A month since westamastaflash's last post on the forum, 3 months since the last update.. I think he's probably too committed to real life stuff to get work done here

I'm unfortunately inclined to agree.

7 hours ago, SmarterThanMe said:

Hey @magico13, did anyone else volunteer to take this on? Could be a good idea to activate your backup choice.

I believe @linuxgurugamer had expressed some interest but I'd rather not burden him any more so if anyone else is interested let me know.

Failing that, it might be possible for me to try to make a super slimmed down version that's far more maintainable (per @theJesuit). KCT is both large and a total mess so I don't envy anyone who tries to work on it. It'd be reduced down to the core mechanic of making ships take time and wouldn't necessarily include times for things like the tech tree or building upgrades and definitely wouldn't have upgrade points or anything like that.

3 hours ago, magico13 said:

I believe @linuxgurugamer had expressed some interest but I'd rather not burden him any more so if anyone else is interested let me know.

Failing that, it might be possible for me to try to make a super slimmed down version that's far more maintainable (per @theJesuit). KCT is both large and a total mess so I don't envy anyone who tries to work on it. It'd be reduced down to the core mechanic of making ships take time and wouldn't necessarily include times for things like the tech tree or building upgrades and definitely wouldn't have upgrade points or anything like that.

A purged version of KCT would be marvellous. Just taking time to build vessels would be enough me at least.

I'm a bit curious about something.

The RO people forked KCT a while ago (looks like  1 1/2 years ago) and have been active with updates.  Would that be a good version to use?

I did notice one bug with it, hitting Launch in the VAB both adds the vessel to the build list AND launches it;  that doesn't happen in the SPH

Edit:  The "bug" was a result of the RO (I think) people commenting out some code related to the multiple launchpads.  Once I fixed that, it worked.

Edit2: The bug was a timing issue with KSP, fixed in my version 

Edited by linuxgurugamer

@magico13, @linuxgurugamer whatever you can do, guys. If it's a cut down mod, I can live with that. If RO has something that we can use, great. This mod is so important it should be stock.

@westamastaflash don't beat yourself up. RL has to take precedence over everything (unfortunately). :) I'm saying this, and I'm taking a sick day after almost literally being told by my boss not to go to work today...