[1.4.1] Kerbal Construction Time 1.4.0.69 (2018-03-24) - Unrapid Planned Assembly

magico13

13 hours ago, FuriousSquirrel said:

I've run into an issue with recovering vessels, it works fine at first when starting off in my game, but the moment I start doing part contracts or even contracts it prevents me from recovering aircraft and gives me the error message, I've tried reloading the scene and the game to no avail. I'm not sure if it's related to contracts or if it's related to part unlocks. I'm not entirely sure, I've posted the link to the log if you want to have a look.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ragst3o7KQ-nDGVEPt-6eZrHXz-Cs6LY/view?usp=sharing

What error message is on screen?

@magico13

Can you update the OP to say that MagiCore is a dependency which must be downloaded separately?

Thanks

17 hours ago, FuriousSquirrel said:

I've run into an issue with recovering vessels, it works fine at first when starting off in my game, but the moment I start doing part contracts or even contracts it prevents me from recovering aircraft and gives me the error message, I've tried reloading the scene and the game to no avail. I'm not sure if it's related to contracts or if it's related to part unlocks. I'm not entirely sure, I've posted the link to the log if you want to have a look.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ragst3o7KQ-nDGVEPt-6eZrHXz-Cs6LY/view?usp=sharing

I see the following error repeated at the end of the log:

[ERR 16:50:04.590] Input is null for field 'agent' in config node 'CONTRACT'
   at System.Environment.get_StackTrace()
   at ConfigNode.AddValue(System.String name, System.String value)
   at Contracts.Contract.Save(.ConfigNode node)
   at ContractConfigurator.ContractPreLoader.OnSave(.ConfigNode node)
   at ScenarioModule.Save(.ConfigNode node)
   at ProtoScenarioModule..ctor(.ScenarioModule module)
   at ScenarioRunner.UpdateModules()
   at ScenarioRunner.GetUpdatedProtoModules()
   at Game.Updated(GameScenes startSceneOverride)
   at Game.Updated()
   at FlightDriver+<PostInit>c__Iterator0.MoveNext()
   at UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress)

Assuming this is what you are referring to, we would need to know which contract, or at least, which contract packs you have installed

4 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I see the following error repeated at the end of the log:

[ERR 16:50:04.590] Input is null for field 'agent' in config node 'CONTRACT'
   at System.Environment.get_StackTrace()
   at ConfigNode.AddValue(System.String name, System.String value)
   at Contracts.Contract.Save(.ConfigNode node)
   at ContractConfigurator.ContractPreLoader.OnSave(.ConfigNode node)
   at ScenarioModule.Save(.ConfigNode node)
   at ProtoScenarioModule..ctor(.ScenarioModule module)
   at ScenarioRunner.UpdateModules()
   at ScenarioRunner.GetUpdatedProtoModules()
   at Game.Updated(GameScenes startSceneOverride)
   at Game.Updated()
   at FlightDriver+<PostInit>c__Iterator0.MoveNext()
   at UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress)

Assuming this is what you are referring to, we would need to know which contract, or at least, which contract packs you have installed

Well I use Contract Pack with the following contract packages:

- Bases and Stations Reborn

- Clever Sats

- Field Research

- GAP

- Kerbal Academy

- Remote Tech

- Tourism Plus

Along with Contract Parser, Contract Reward Modifier, Contract Configurator, and SETI-Contracts.

I'll put together a separate KSP, and let you know what I can find in regards to this, at first though everything will work fine, even with some contracts, but then things just go awry. I'll see if I can nail down the moment it happens.

EDIT: After testing a new game, and being able to recover aircraft, the logs still show a repeat in contract errors as you stated and as seen in the log after craft are not recoverable. Still doing more testing....

Link to screenshot of error message. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wjJWXwVqDf-i7gn9Nl_d0jPVkCXAsXus/view?usp=sharing

Edited by FuriousSquirrel
Update

47 minutes ago, FuriousSquirrel said:

Well I use Contract Pack with the following contract packages:

- Bases and Stations Reborn

- Clever Sats

- Field Research

- GAP

- Kerbal Academy

- Remote Tech

- Tourism Plus

Along with Contract Parser, Contract Reward Modifier, Contract Configurator, and SETI-Contracts.

I'll put together a separate KSP, and let you know what I can find in regards to this, at first though everything will work fine, even with some contracts, but then things just go awry. I'll see if I can nail down the moment it happens.

EDIT: After testing a new game, and being able to recover aircraft, the logs still show a repeat in contract errors as you stated and as seen in the log after craft are not recoverable. Still doing more testing....

Link to screenshot of error message. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wjJWXwVqDf-i7gn9Nl_d0jPVkCXAsXus/view?usp=sharing

If possible, can  you identify which contract the vessel you are recovering was doing?

Basically, this means that there is a problem in one or more contract packs.  I'm going to review the Bases & Stations this evening, if I have time I'll look at some of the others as well

5 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

If possible, can  you identify which contract the vessel you are recovering was doing?

Basically, this means that there is a problem in one or more contract packs.  I'm going to review the Bases & Stations this evening, if I have time I'll look at some of the others as well

Well usually I'm doing part contracts, and that's when I first noticed it. But I even noticed it after a flight when completing a SETI Contract of researching 18km. I have also noticed it happen on GAP contracts, and the errors are all the same whether I take contracts or not. So I'm not sure if it's the contracts error that is causing the unrecoverable vessel. I'm having a hard time narrowing it out to any specific one thing otherwise I would've come to you with more information. This may have to do with another mod entirely, since I just completed some contracts with just KCT and the contract packs without any weird behaviour. It's odd how it doesn't show up at first, but then appears all the time and even with no contracts on the go, craft are still unrecoverable. I'm sorry I don't have any more information, this problem is difficult to find. However, after it occurs once, it never goes away. 

3 minutes ago, FuriousSquirrel said:

Well usually I'm doing part contracts, and that's when I first noticed it. But I even noticed it after a flight when completing a SETI Contract of researching 18km. I have also noticed it happen on GAP contracts, and the errors are all the same whether I take contracts or not. So I'm not sure if it's the contracts error that is causing the unrecoverable vessel. I'm having a hard time narrowing it out to any specific one thing otherwise I would've come to you with more information. This may have to do with another mod entirely, since I just completed some contracts with just KCT and the contract packs without any weird behaviour. It's odd how it doesn't show up at first, but then appears all the time and even with no contracts on the go, craft are still unrecoverable. I'm sorry I don't have any more information, this problem is difficult to find. However, after it occurs once, it never goes away. 

That's ok.  How about a save file, which has the problem evident?

Sooner the better, I'd like to work on this on stream right NOW!!!

Edited by linuxgurugamer

Hi,

I found a problem in the Bases & Stations, the agent was wrong, which may have been causing your issues.  I'm pushing a new release, will be 3.7.1.3, please try it when available

Release is now available on Github, CKAN will probably take a few hours to get updated

Edited by linuxgurugamer

7 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Hi,

I found a problem in the Bases & Stations, the agent was wrong, which may have been causing your issues.  I'm pushing a new release, will be 3.7.1.3, please try it when available

Release is now available on Github, CKAN will probably take a few hours to get updated

I tried the updated Contract pack for Bases & Stations to no avail. So I eliminated the contract packs from the equation and the problem persists, the error line I'm getting is: 

[ERR 23:58:42.711] [KCT] Error while recovering craft into inventory. 

I've been slowly removing mods to find the culprit and still have not found anything after removing a whole lot of mods. I'm falling asleep at this point and have been working on this for hours. I'll post another log file without the contract pack errors, in hopes to guide you further in the process and I'll leave a save file for you to look at. I'll continue looking into this when I have more free time. 

KSP Log without contracts pack and variety of mods: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nwvhXMhns9tH4TGOBBArCeIHx6z7mq7f/view?usp=sharing

Save file (been using for test purposes: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1aCPeGBSITWYwCDuXt9AfL_GbwETtEdr0?usp=sharing

Best of luck, I'm starting to lean towards the mod itself at this point. I'll try one more test with just the mod and see if I can get it to fail as a last ditch effort.

Great news! @linuxgurugamer I found the offending mod preventing craft from being recovered. It's actually another mod you are looking after as well. ScienceAlert Realerted. It took some time to narrow down but once I did, I tested just KCT, with ScienceAlert Realerted and it's dependencies and noticed that it would not allow recovery of craft. I then tested it without sciencealert installed and keeping the dependencies to rule them out (click through blocker and toolbar controller)  and that worked fine.

So 100% positive ScienceAlert Realerted is preventing craft from being recovered. I even reinstalled all my mods, and tested just without ScienceAlert to rule out any other issues, and voila! Things are working correctly!

It seems odd that ScienceAlert has this effect on the vessel recoveries. I'm sure this is more than enough for you to find the reason for this. I'll happily enjoy KCT without ScienceAlert.

16 hours ago, FuriousSquirrel said:

Great news! @linuxgurugamer I found the offending mod preventing craft from being recovered. It's actually another mod you are looking after as well. ScienceAlert Realerted. It took some time to narrow down but once I did, I tested just KCT, with ScienceAlert Realerted and it's dependencies and noticed that it would not allow recovery of craft. I then tested it without sciencealert installed and keeping the dependencies to rule them out (click through blocker and toolbar controller)  and that worked fine.

So 100% positive ScienceAlert Realerted is preventing craft from being recovered. I even reinstalled all my mods, and tested just without ScienceAlert to rule out any other issues, and voila! Things are working correctly!

It seems odd that ScienceAlert has this effect on the vessel recoveries. I'm sure this is more than enough for you to find the reason for this. I'll happily enjoy KCT without ScienceAlert.

I have been having the same problem. (Could never recover crafts through KCT's Craft Recovery, I got a little popup window saying cant do that now, try doing a scene change, but that had no effect. Even if they were never launched or were on the runway)

I also have KCT and ScienceAlert Realerted (with about 120+ other mods) installed.

SO I uninstalled JUST ScienceAlert Realerted and now I can recover crafts through KCT's craft recovery button. So confirm it is a mod conflict between them,

4 minutes ago, BlackHat said:

I have been having the same problem. (Could never recover crafts through KCT's Craft Recovery, I got a little popup window saying cant do that now, try doing a scene change, but that had no effect. Even if they were never launched or were on the runway)

I also have KCT and ScienceAlert Realerted (with about 120+ other mods) installed.

SO I uninstalled JUST ScienceAlert Realerted and now I can recover crafts through KCT's craft recovery button. So confirm it is a mod conflict between them,

@BlackHat Glad, this helped then. Today they released [x] Science again, and so I'm using that once again, it's working fine with KCT, so I recommend doing that instead. The timing for it to come back was perfect.

Ooops probably shuold have mentioined I am still on KSP 1.5.1. and was using ScienceAlert Realerted and (X) Science. :D

For now I went ahead and re-enabled ScienceAlert Realerted. and will just live with the inability to recover with KCT. (Been playing this save that way for the whole game) ;)

Edited by BlackHat

2 hours ago, BlackHat said:

Ooops probably shuold have mentioined I am still on KSP 1.5.1. and was using ScienceAlert Realerted and (X) Science. :D

For now I went ahead and re-enabled ScienceAlert Realerted. and will just live with the inability to recover with KCT. (Been playing this save the that way for the who;e game) ;)

Encountered same behaviour with 1.3.1 RP-1. Try to EVA all kerbals from craft before recovery attempt, in my case it worked.

For those having problems with KCT and Science Alert, I need to know the follwing:

KCT version

Science Alert version

KSP version

and the following two questions:

On the vessels you have problems trying to recover, were they involved with a contract, and if so, which contract?

If the answer to the above is yes, then did you have any problems trying to recover a vessel which didnt do anything with a contract?

3 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

For those having problems with KCT and Science Alert, I need to know the follwing:

KCT version

Science Alert version

KSP version

On the vessels you have problems trying to recover, were they involved with a contract, and if so, which contract?

If the answer to the above is yes, then did you have any problems trying to recover a vessel which didnt do anything with a contract?

KCT Version: 1.4.5.4

Science Alert Version: 1.9.6

KSP Version: 1.6.1

No contracts taken, completely fresh install, just built a craft, tried to recover on the launch pad, unable to recover.

3 hours ago, FuriousSquirrel said:

KCT Version: 1.4.5.4

Science Alert Version: 1.9.6

KSP Version: 1.6.1

No contracts taken, completely fresh install, just built a craft, tried to recover on the launch pad, unable to recover.

And if I remember, it was a minimum install, right? Just the mods and their dependencies 

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

And if I remember, it was a minimum install, right? Just the mods and their dependencies 

Ok, I just tried this, new career, built a pod, launched it, hit recover, and it worked.

Please send me the save file which replicates this issue.

Thanks

Oh, I also need the MagiCore version

8 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

KCT version

Science Alert version

KSP version

KSP 1.5.1

KCT 1.4.0.69

SA 1.9.6

MC 1.3.1.5

Does not seem to require a contract... (I do have contracts, but I can stick a plane on the runway, which I dont have any contracts for) try to recover and get the popup saying KCT cant do it right now. 

The same thing applies to Manned or Unmanned vessels placed on the Launchpad, and try to recover, or vessels that have been launched and landed near the spaceport. As I mentioned, I have never been able to use KCT's recovery. (Always get the KCT popup saying cant do that now)

36 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Are you on science mode? Regular ?  

i have the  KCT and Science Alert conflict too

i was abel in a number of times to recover to storage

try to lunch first

and from the posts kerbaled ships are more likely to have the problem