[1.4.1] Kerbal Construction Time 1.4.0.69 (2018-03-24) - Unrapid Planned Assembly

magico13

11 hours ago, SmarterThanMe said:

Where in the save file or KCT_Settings.cfg is the upgrade points located? Because I seem to have -21. :D

I've seen this behavior as well, but have not been able to track it down.  In my career games (because I've played for so many years), I'll start with 5000 or 8000 science and a bunch of funds (10-25 million).  Which means I unlock a lot of research nodes in R&D on day 1 (or during the first play session).  I'll also do some upgrade point purchases in the KCT Upgrades UI window.

Then, sometimes when I come back into the game (next play session), I'll have a negative of -10 to -25.

I usually fix it by gifting myself more science or funds and using the KCT Upgrades UI window, or I'll just wait to unlock more R&D nodes.

I always figured it was because I'm using CTT (Community Tech Tree).

33 minutes ago, WuphonsReach said:

I've seen this behavior as well, but have not been able to track it down.  In my career games (because I've played for so many years), I'll start with 5000 or 8000 science and a bunch of funds (10-25 million).  Which means I unlock a lot of research nodes in R&D on day 1 (or during the first play session).  I'll also do some upgrade point purchases in the KCT Upgrades UI window.

Then, sometimes when I come back into the game (next play session), I'll have a negative of -10 to -25.

I usually fix it by gifting myself more science or funds and using the KCT Upgrades UI window, or I'll just wait to unlock more R&D nodes.

I always figured it was because I'm using CTT (Community Tech Tree).

CTT user here as well. I'll have to keep an eye out for when it happens again and keep a log.

When you upgrade your VAB, SPH and/or R&D Facility, the "value" of each upgrade point changes.  For instance, when you're just starting out, each upgrade point is worth 0.05 for your Rate 1 VAB and SPH build times.  And each upgrade point is worth about 0.004 sci/day.  But when you've fully upgraded everything, your VAB and SPH build time (Rate 1, again) increases by 0.08 per upgrade point (though that may actually be 0.075).  And your R&D researching rate increases by 0.008 (again, might be 0.0075).  What I'm wondering is, where are those "values" stored?  Are they adjustable?  I've always felt that in the early career, the initial value is fine.  But when you to the later stages of a career, research seems to grind to a halt unless you invest hundreds of millions into research (which, at least for now, isn't supported by contract availability).  I've invested nearly 12.25million into development which gets me 5.148sci/day which sounds great but I'm looking at another 10 years game time (after already spending about that long) to finish most of my "modern" research.  And even if I dump the bulk of my current 2.8mil wallet into research, I'm not go to see a significant reduction in time. 

15 hours ago, magico13 said:

@chrisl are you running RP-0? What you're saying sounds nothing like default KCT. Everything is highly configurable, just look at the Presets and formulas contained within.

Yes, I am running RP-0.  And I've looked at the formulas but I don't really understand them.  :)  I figure one of them is controlling how research time is handled as the R&D facility is upgraded, but I'm not sure which line to mess with.

1 hour ago, chrisl said:

Yes, I am running RP-0.  And I've looked at the formulas but I don't really understand them.  :)  I figure one of them is controlling how research time is handled as the R&D facility is upgraded, but I'm not sure which line to mess with.

There should be a button in there that takes you to the wiki, but here's a link https://github.com/magico13/KCT/wiki/Preset-Formulas-and-Math-Parser-Documentation

You can also ask on the RP-0 thread about anything specific to their settings since they override all of the default settings.

I'm going to start a play using the planet pack "Before Kerbin". Does KCT work with planet packs? In BK, the home planet is the second from the central star, so will that cause any issues? Tried searching the thread for planet packs, but didn't find anything relevant.

Thanks

13 hours ago, strudo76 said:

I'm going to start a play using the planet pack "Before Kerbin". Does KCT work with planet packs? In BK, the home planet is the second from the central star, so will that cause any issues? Tried searching the thread for planet packs, but didn't find anything relevant.

Thanks

It should work fine, but do let me know if you encounter any weirdness. There used to be some issues with moving the home planet within Kopernicus that KCT would trigger (due to timewarping in the Space Center scene) but I believe that was resolved a while back. Other than that I'm not aware of any issues.

• 2 weeks later...

Using KCT version 1.3.9.0, under KSP 1.3.1, I've set my build rate formula to:

0.2 * ([L]+1) * ([EnL]+[EnK]) /([I]+1) * sign (1+[EnK]-([I]+1)^1.8) 

Which should be linking the build rates to the number of engineers idling around KSC, with an extra build queue opening at around 3 and 7 engineers.

But the ETA of my craft doesn't change when I hire or fire engineers at the astronaut complex.

It did update when I went to the tracking center and back, or if I visited the VAB and returned.

I'm guessing that the cached build rate simply needs to trigger a recalculation upon exiting the complex since there are variables that depend on things you do in there.

There should probably also be an update once in a while based on game time if there isn't already; kerbals on missions could die from suborbital situations while you're looking at KSC.

Edited by suicidejunkie
Added code tags since formula was mangled

I installed this mod into my game. I am having a problem with the mod. When I load a save the KCT window will pop up I can open the 1 tab or 2 tab. But not both. Also when I build a vessel in the VAB it will show me the build time. But I cant add it to the build list and launch. The build list tab/menu won't show up. I don't know what im doing wrong. Help would be great. 

3 hours ago, 9uyJ0nes said:

I installed this mod into my game. I am having a problem with the mod. When I load a save the KCT window will pop up I can open the 1 tab or 2 tab. But not both. Also when I build a vessel in the VAB it will show me the build time. But I cant add it to the build list and launch. The build list tab/menu won't show up. I don't know what im doing wrong. Help would be great. 

Hmm, that sounds strange. I'd say grab a log file and upload it to dropbox/google drive/etc so I can check if there's something going wrong. Look at this thread to see where to find the log: 

• 4 weeks later...

hmm...  i had just come here to check if this mod was updated to 1.4.x, and i looks to me like it is only updated to work on 1.1.3.  is this true?  or will it indeed work on in 1.3.x and or 1.4.x?

i see comments saying 1.3.1 is ok and up on the dev server...  is this a "stable" build or is it risky to use this?

Edited by Bit Fiddler

1 hour ago, Bit Fiddler said:

hmm...  i had just come here to check if this mod was updated to 1.4.x, and i looks to me like it is only updated to work on 1.1.3.  is this true?  or will it indeed work on in 1.3.x and or 1.4.x?

i see comments saying 1.3.1 is ok and up on the dev server...  is this a "stable" build or is it risky to use this?

I've been playing dev builds for 1.3 and 1.3.1 for a year and no issues so far.

16 minutes ago, severedsolo said:

So the dev build of KCT overrides the launch buttons on missions too. Probably not intended behaviour? (FYI it also throws the "something went seriously wrong" box on a mission too)

I'll likely just disable KCT entirely on missions. I haven't looked into the mission builder at all so if it's possible to add custom things to it then I'll maybe make a mission node that turns on KCT as an extra challenge.

4 hours ago, magico13 said:

The latest dev build is for 1.4.1, but I am planning on doing a full release for 1.4.1 in the next few days now that ScrapYard is finished

:cool:    I've been restraining myself from asking, but I'm very happy to hear it!   Still one of my fave mods.

Sorry to keep hassling you, but launching a vessel with KCT increments the "new build" count in ScrapYard by 2 instead of 1.

Repro steps:

New sandbox save, setup KCT (just in case it makes a difference my settings are Tech/KSC upgrades off, Reconditioning blocks pad on) pop a Mk1 Command pod down and hit build.

When you launch the pod ScrapYardWrapper.GetBuildCount(part, ScrapYardWrapper.TrackType.NEW) will return 2 instead of 1. This doesn't happen if you launch without KCT installed.

Edit: Fixed locally by removing ScrapYardWrapper.RecordBuild(vessel.ExtractedPartNodes); from KCT_Utilities.MoveVesselToWarehouse but unsure if that will have any unintended knock on effects.

Edited by severedsolo

I wonder if the build count is going up at launch still, it's not supposed to when using kct, it's only supposed to go up when the build completes (where you removed it). Thanks for the heads up.

1 hour ago, magico13 said:

I wonder if the build count is going up at launch still, it's not supposed to when using kct, it's only supposed to go up when the build completes (where you removed it). Thanks for the heads up.

That's my theory, it's incrementing it in onVesselRollout.

You probably already know this, but I discovered why removing that line should not be done, as the parts aren't being taken out of the inventory now. (to be clear, that's just on the version I hacked at - not your problem)

6 hours ago, severedsolo said:

as the parts aren't being taken out of the inventory now.

That should be happening when you add the vessel to the build list, way before completion. Sounds like KCT's completely messed up with ScrapYard right now somehow. I'll get to that today.

Edit: Damnit, I did it again. persistentID is not the same as persistentId. That's the second time I did that. That's why the vessel was doing stuff at rollout when it shouldn't be. I'll have a ScrapYard fix out soon for that.

Edited by magico13

I think i found a minor ...  not a real conflict, more like a "not working as expected" ... between KCT, KAS/KIS and TakeCommandContinued (allowing you to launch kerbals in external command seats)

When adding a item to the inventory of an external command seat in the vab, you get a message on top of the inventory that says: "The seat must be crewed at launch to acquire items" (you also get this message with the mk1 command pod for example)

This works in a KRASH simulation without problem - The item is in the inventory of the kerbal. But when i launch the vessel with KCT (regardles if i do it from the main screen or VAB), the inventory is empty.

I also tested it with the "Cardboard Box" and the "MK1 Command Pod" - Here everything is working as expected and they are taking their inventory to launch.

It seems, that the external command seat is not treated the same way as the mk1 pod - understandable, as it can normally not be launched with a kerbal.

Is this fixable? If not, could you add a little note a the first post about this behaviour?

KSP Version: 1.3.1; KCT Version: 1.3.9.0

Thanks i advance :-)

23 minutes ago, BlueTiger12 said:

It seems, that the external command seat is not treated the same way as the mk1 pod - understandable, as it can normally not be launched with a kerbal.

I can look into this, but since you can't normally launch with a kerbal in an external seat I might not be able to do much with it (depending on how TakeCommand works) since KCT goes around the normal crew handling methods.