magico13

[1.4.1] Kerbal Construction Time 1.4.0.69 (2018-03-24) - Unrapid Planned Assembly

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, CYoungCS said:

As an aside, how did you get KRASH to work? It won't work for me. There doesn't seem to be an output log and I'm reasonably certain it, and its dependencies are installed correctly, but I get no simulation button to test my craft out.

There are two or three other packages (listed in the KRASH thread) which are dependencies and have to also be installed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, WuphonsReach said:

There are two or three other packages (listed in the KRASH thread) which are dependencies and have to also be installed.

Yeah, clickthroughblocker isn't working despite it should have been installed correctly. I worked around this by just downloading an earlier version of KRASH and it works now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/3/2018 at 11:56 AM, magico13 said:

It's not really a priority, but then again nothing KSP related really is right now... I would not expect another release of KCT, probably ever. If I come back to KSP I had plans to rewrite KCT but at this point that's a good size if.

Speaking as a player who only ever occasionally dips into light modding, I want to say thanks so much for all the effort you poured into this over the years. It was a real game-changer in a literal sense, and brought me and many others a lot of enjoyment. Whatever you choose to work on, KSP or otherwise, I hope it's successful and brings you joy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/22/2018 at 3:24 PM, WuphonsReach said:

Well, my personal settings are: https://gist.github.com/WuphonsReach/c350695cff3cc11f59772f0da5f2cdb7

  • Four to eight years before you get a vessel into orbit (if you start with 15k funds and zero science).
  • Twenty to thirty years to escape Kerbin's SoI.  I usually have comm sats and science probes at Duna/Eve by about year 25.
  • I do play with CTT, so upgrade points are more plentiful, but I need more science to unlock everything.  But I also have various part packs installed that add more science experiments.
  • The upper limit on purchasing upgrade points is higher (money/science sink for late game).
  • Vessel build times are measured in hundreds of days for the first build, gradually going down to 50-250 days (part re-use, more VAB build lines, faster VAB build lines).
  • Rolling out to the launch pad will take tens of days.
  • It will take more upgrade points to get science speed up to 1/day (300 point node takes 300 days).  If you're researching multiple nodes at once, the lower priority nodes research slower.
  • Stage Recovery + Kerbal Alarm Clock + KRASH + Scrapyard + ScienceParamModifier (to nerf Mun/Minmus values) work well together for this.

You're going to be jumping time forward 100-300 days at a time the first 20-30 years.  On the flip side, you spend more time in the lower nodes of the tech tree, which forces me to be creative.  This also makes using life-support mods harder because you can't build a rocket to re-supply Jeb on a day's notice.

(There's a folder in "GameData/KerbalConstructionTime/KCT_Presets/" where you can put additional preset files or keep your own copies of the existing presets.)

So, the more I think about this, the more I think I want a balance that regards playing career as a private corporation where investing in speed, over time, feels rewarding. Considering the payout of contracts at 100% seems fine when the time taken to build a rocket is taken into account. Maybe also where ship mass is weighted heavier. I want to feel like the costs of buying points feels like investing into a massive factory (albeit off-site and somewhat abstracted) where building time actualy truly matters, like where actual efficient designs actually shave off an appreciable amount of time to build.

 

Also wouldn't mind a way to get test flight to work with my parts mods. I'm ok configuring that as necessary but the idea of needing to test would be cool. I have a mod that gives experimental parts which might overheat but there doesn't seem to be a way to correct it over time.

 

I want my space tourism with tourism plus to be difficult but rewarding to pull off. Using the engineering tech tree.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean, I kind of want to be punished for inefficient rocket design, because it seems that it's really just too easy to get away with some terrible designs. This could be just me being lazy though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is anyone else getting errors when they try to launch from Kerbin Side airports? Yes, I know that you don't use the "normal" launchpad selection, but rather KCT requires that you select the launchsite/runway directly through the KCT interface, and that works absolutely fine for the game's built-in alternate launch sites such as Woomerang and Dessert. However, for open, active Kerbin Side bases such as Cottonmouth, Kojave Sands, and the like, they show as selectable through KCT's UI, but when you attempt to launch, the game hangs for a bit, then flickers and kicks you back to the main KSC screen with the duplicate-toolbar-button bug that we've seen before. Anyone else encountered this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/18/2018 at 11:01 PM, Kardea said:

Is anyone else getting errors when they try to launch from Kerbin Side airports? Yes, I know that you don't use the "normal" launchpad selection, but rather KCT requires that you select the launchsite/runway directly through the KCT interface, and that works absolutely fine for the game's built-in alternate launch sites such as Woomerang and Dessert. However, for open, active Kerbin Side bases such as Cottonmouth, Kojave Sands, and the like, they show as selectable through KCT's UI, but when you attempt to launch, the game hangs for a bit, then flickers and kicks you back to the main KSC screen with the duplicate-toolbar-button bug that we've seen before. Anyone else encountered this?

I don't really get any error when I try to launch from KK, it just switch to load flight scene but immediatelly quits it and goes back to KSC without launching anything like you described.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I want to have KCT in my RO game on KSP 1.3.1.

I looked at the previous pages and on p.129 I found related posts, but I can't find this build 39 thing that was being mentioned there. Is it not on the Github releases? Because I only see build 38 and then it jumps to the latest.

Where can I find this build 39 file?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, ebigunso said:

I want to have KCT in my RO game on KSP 1.3.1.

I looked at the previous pages and on p.129 I found related posts, but I can't find this build 39 thing that was being mentioned there. Is it not on the Github releases? Because I only see build 38 and then it jumps to the latest.

Where can I find this build 39 file?

39 is here http://magico13.net:8080/job/Kerbal Construction Time/39/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello again everyone, as you may have noticed I've been pretty distant from the KSP community and KSP modding for some time. I am sorry to say that I am going to be stepping back from modding entirely. I love KSP, I love the community, and I love making mods that help others enjoy KSP as well, but I haven't actively played KSP for more than a month or so in a few years and I'd like to play other games and work on other projects. I have a game idea I might pursue that is inspired by KSP and Terraria, so if I do end up making progress on that I will let you all know.

I originally started modding just because I wanted to play with a mod (KCT) that needed some work before it was really playable. That evolved into several related mods and served as a great way to learn programming. I have now been a professional .NET developer for over two years as a result of what I learned while modding and I am eternally grateful to this community for helping me bring my mods to life and pushing me to learn more. When I started I just barely understood how to write C# and now I do it professionally.

I do not have specific successors in place for my mods. If you are interested in taking over development of any of my mods, please send me a PM. I will ping some specific people now who might be interested or might know people who are, but this is open to everyone. @Starwaster, @severedsolo, @NathanKell, @linuxgurugamer

Thank you all for your support over the years, you've been great :D Hopefully I'll see you around :) 

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey @magico13! It is very sad to see you step down, but thank you for bringing these fantastic mods to the community. I can't even imagine playing without KCT any more.

If no one else volunteers, I can try to take up KCT. However, I have almost zero experience maintaining someone else's code and I'm not sure I can improve things there or even apply fixes more serious than a recompile. I'm also quite busy with my day job(s) as well as with my own mods, so I'd prefer if somebody else picked it up.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/24/2018 at 10:09 AM, magico13 said:

Hello again everyone, as you may have noticed I've been pretty distant from the KSP community and KSP modding for some time. I am sorry to say that I am going to be stepping back from modding entirely. I love KSP, I love the community, and I love making mods that help others enjoy KSP as well, but I haven't actively played KSP for more than a month or so in a few years and I'd like to play other games and work on other projects. I have a game idea I might pursue that is inspired by KSP and Terraria, so if I do end up making progress on that I will let you all know.

I originally started modding just because I wanted to play with a mod (KCT) that needed some work before it was really playable. That evolved into several related mods and served as a great way to learn programming. I have now been a professional .NET developer for over two years as a result of what I learned while modding and I am eternally grateful to this community for helping me bring my mods to life and pushing me to learn more. When I started I just barely understood how to write C# and now I do it professionally.

 I do not have specific successors in place for my mods. If you are interested in taking over development of any of my mods, please send me a PM. I will ping some specific people now who might be interested or might know people who are, but this is open to everyone. @Starwaster, @severedsolo, @NathanKell, @linuxgurugamer

 Thank you all for your support over the years, you've been great :D Hopefully I'll see you around :) 

Thanks for all your hard work over the years! KCT is one of the most essential mods for every one of my installs, and it's spinoffs are just as good. I wish you all the best in your future endeavors!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just started a RO/RP1 game on 1.3.1 after not playing since 1.2. I want to build more than one rocket at once but there's no option to increase build rate 2. Why?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/7/2018 at 12:57 PM, theonegalen said:

Thanks for all your hard work over the years! KCT is one of the most essential mods for every one of my installs, and it's spinoffs are just as good. I wish you all the best in your future endeavors!

What are these spinoffs?  I haven't played a career game since 1.X, which I had to abandon because of stability issues.  I've been wanting to get back, but I've been playing the waiting game for mods each time KSP updates. I really want to use KCT or something similar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, NJC2 said:

What are these spinoffs?  I haven't played a career game since 1.X, which I had to abandon because of stability issues.  I've been wanting to get back, but I've been playing the waiting game for mods each time KSP updates. I really want to use KCT or something similar.

I assume they are referring to things like Scrapyard and Stage Recovery

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/13/2018 at 6:01 PM, Desdinova said:

I just started a RO/RP1 game on 1.3.1 after not playing since 1.2. I want to build more than one rocket at once but there's no option to increase build rate 2. Why?

It's not entirely obvious in the documentation, but a second build rate is unlocked by upgrading the VAB. I would hope that a second VAB upgrade would unlock a third build rate, but I haven't gotten that far in my RP-1 career.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just to let everyone know, @westamastaflash will be taking over development of KCT! As part of this he has asked to change the license to MIT, which I have given him permission to do. When he's got a new thread set up then we will close this one, but for now you are free to continue using this one for discussion of KCT (past, present, and future). As all transitions like this go it'll likely be rocky for a bit, but I'll still be around to help with the transition where I can. Congrats westamastaflash!

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey folks, got a bunch of ideas around this. Going to try to do some code cleanup over the next couple weeks and get out an initial 1.4.5 version. I'll be migrating the issues on GitHub to a forked Repo, as well, and reviewing to determine what needs to be done. Will create a new thread once I get some of the configuration done.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now