magico13

[1.4.1] Kerbal Construction Time 1.4.0.69 (2018-03-24) - Unrapid Planned Assembly

Recommended Posts

If you are running under Windows it will be under:
Kerbal Space Program\KSP_Data if you are running 32 bit
Kerbal Space Program\KSP_x64_Data if you are running 64 bit.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd love it if I could create different ques for each individual build rate, like I build my main missions on rate1 while I keep pumping out contract rockets on rate2.

To do this now, I have to manually adjust my ques each time a rocket is complete so it gets quite annoying after some time.

I hope this could be implemented :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/28/2016 at 4:36 AM, EvWoN said:

 

Funds is only a issue if you dont scrap the last project? right? Dont you get a full refund? Im a bit picky about this (but just out of curiosity really, dont care that much). I play my careers on HARD (no save or reverts, just sims) and KERBALISM and KCT and REMOTE TECH so getting free science can be a problem after building a HUGE craft that had a flaw or missing part and getting lots of science off that. Its not a deal breaker just wondering if that can happen. I dont want to be tempted into sin if I need a few more points to get the parts for that one epic mission instead of working for it. :P

I do not recall for certain, but I believe you can adjust the proportion of build cost you retrieve from scrapping.

I play on slightly modified "easy" (rates for everything except heat on "easy" level, heat and everything [the stuff on upper left of career game setup pane] else on "hard" level) and I still find that it is sufficiently challenging. My funds fluctuate between 2m and 20,000 as I go through cycles of upgrading/building/embarking on missions then repeat.

Two  other things to note about the science farming strategy you describe: 1. there are other faster ways to achieve this that do not involve KCT: certain scientific experiments are repeatable it seems (I had Jeb and Bob in a rover over in the desert by the Pyramids and as they were buzzing along at 10m/s I was literally clicking thermometer, barometer, for 5 and 12 science every minute or so, and then transferring the science from those instrument modules to Bob (the scientist) with Ship Manifest). 2. If you are constantly building then scrapping to farm science, then you are tying up a build queue, and making no progress on completing missions = stagnant funds and reputation, so even if your scrapping does yield 100% funds, you are still facing a certain kind of tradeoff.

The mod is remarkably well balanced overall and really well done too. It almost turns KSP into a strategy game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just want to say, still loving this mod. More so now I am playing RSS/RO/RP-0 with authentic dates. When it takes the best part of a year to get a tech node and build a rocket it makes you really think about what you want to build.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Recovering a simple stock learjet tends to save it in storage as cockpit facing skywards, so when I spawn it, the airplane spawns cockpit facing the sky, and resting on its tail. Not sure if reported, but certainly I know the feature can be buggy sometimes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, inigma said:

Recovering a simple stock learjet tends to save it in storage as cockpit facing skywards, so when I spawn it, the airplane spawns cockpit facing the sky, and resting on its tail. Not sure if reported, but certainly I know the feature can be buggy sometimes.

A well known feature :-)

Usually you can tip it around with 'edit' without problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know if this has already been suggested, but it would be nice if we could fill the individual Kerbal's KIS inventory from the Launch screen. I've tried adding them to the seat slots in the VAB but the items aren't there upon launch when using KCT.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have a bug that seems to relate to KCT. It only seems to happen on the first session of a new career save (when KCT prompts for Settings). Everything gets written to Persistent, but then a scene change (or at least trying to enter VAB) causes the crash. I cannot quite make out what is happening in the output_log.txt,  I replicated it twice, and also tested the save file once; the save file worked fine when it was rebooted, so it appears to be related specifically to functions KCT is running from the initial setup pane.

Quite possibly interactions with other mods adding to it I suspect. I've played with the mod for many scores of hours and had very few crashes (none of which I would attribute to KCT). Though this may have happened the first time or two I installed it and I just shrugged it off, not sure.

Reason I found it, I am methodically testing all my mods: started with the ones I consider most essential / least troublesome and have got up to about 50 reinstalled, installing in batches of 2 to 4 at a time and making a quick note of CPU, RAM use, load times and scene change times. When I reinstalled KCT is when I had the crash, so I would say it is pretty sure bet the error is coming from KCT being involved (though as I said, possibly in interaction with other mods) in scene change logic on a first session of a new career play. Sorry but cannot be bothered at the moment to do a clean install with only KCT, though if you want I can do that. Hopefully you'll be able to make more sense of what is happening between about lines 50,134 and 50,325! Lots of "button destroyed" stuff that I can only vaguely guess has to do with how the game renders panes (JFrames they call them in Java, but I don't know what they are called in C# . . .)

I've got the output_log.txt file for you, but not sure where to put it. Google Docs seems to choke on a 50,000 line text file, and I'm not signing up for a Dropbox account just for this one thing. Pastebin won't take it on a free account either.

50,000 line log files, why is that so fitting for a Kerbal Space Program!? :sticktongue:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Diche Bach said:

I've got the output_log.txt file for you, but not sure where to put it. Google Docs seems to choke on a 50,000 line text file, and I'm not signing up for a Dropbox account just for this one thing. Pastebin won't take it on a free account either.

Compress it to a .zip file and it will probably drop to about 10% size. Then upload to google drive and send me the share link.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The wonder of file compression. Now why didn't I think of that? Oh that's right because I was up way past my bedtime fiddling with mod configurations on KSP when I should have been studying my data structures or sleeping . . .

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2K3NkxgCZpLRk1JMGd1b0lrUUE

Like I said, the error ensues during the few score milliseconds between line 50134 and 50321. Lots of "Hide UI" "Destroy Button" stuff going on that I cannot make good sense of.

Just as a contextual point: I've had a recurrent bug with both of my modded builds up to this point (a) heavily modded with like 106 subfolders in GameData, so probably on the order of 110 "mods"; (b) moderately modded with about 76 sub-folders. KCT was in both. I'm presently winnowing to try to figure out which ones are contributing to performance issues like I said above. . . .

Anyway, during the scores of hours with those two mod builds I have a recurrent bug that has cropped up probably 10 or 15 times. It only occurs after several hours of play. It occurs at the point of scene change from Space Center to R&D and once it has ensued it seems to carry over (sometimes) to any scene change from Space Center to any of the other scenes. Only way to make it go away that I've found is to reboot the application from desktop.

The bug comprises what I would call "invisibility" of the destination scenes visual elements. So for example, you click on R&D while in Space Center, R&D visual elements flicker briefly into view, but then disappear and you are "back in" or rather "still in" Space Center . . . but actually you are not, the scene has changed to R&D but it is just not visible. Mouse moving can cause the Tech Tree and other R&D visual elements to flicker in and out of visibility briefly; clicking on the graphics for the other centers does not allow you to transfer to them like you would if you were actally in Space Center. Clicking the top right button closes R&D and one is back in Space Center.

I've seen this carry over to essentially all the scenes accessed from the Space Center, and also a similar bug while in VAB where the entire UI does a similar thing: flickers out but then flickers back in based on mouse movements.

It may not be a KCT thing, but because it is such a transient bug, I thought I'd mention it, as trying to pin down this one that caused the crash might be deriving from a similar problem in the code.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, the log really doesn't say much as to what's causing the crash. There aren't really any errors at all in the log, and none in the scene that the crash happened nor the one previous (which is frankly surprising with that number of mods). What is mentioned right before is StageRecovery loading its icon in toolbar. There's a later StageRecovery than what you have, but it probably won't change anything here. You could try removing toolbar? Otherwise there isn't enough for me to figure anything out unfortunately

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would it be possible for KCT to have support for the Take Command mod? I have both KCT & TC - constructed a rover with a command seat instead of a pod. When I launched the rover from the KCT panel, I did not have the option to put a Kerbal into the seat. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wanted to report two small issues. The first is, I get lots and lots of parachute spare parts in the spare parts list, like millions. I'm using real chutes so maybe thats the culprit. As it has no negative effect that I can see - no biggie. The second is, that somehow I managed to get debris from simulations to spill over in the real world and they now show up in the spare parts list (I'm 100% sure I never build such a piece of equipment before). Again no biggie at all, just wanted to mention it.

Cool mod I very much like it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Manimal said:

I wanted to report two small issues. The first is, I get lots and lots of parachute spare parts in the spare parts list, like millions. I'm using real chutes so maybe thats the culprit. As it has no negative effect that I can see - no biggie. The second is, that somehow I managed to get debris from simulations to spill over in the real world and they now show up in the spare parts list (I'm 100% sure I never build such a piece of equipment before). Again no biggie at all, just wanted to mention it.

Cool mod I very much like it.

Yes, "procedural parts" live by their own formulas. So, most likely the number actually makes sense, without knowing the exact circumstances. It would be nice at some point to have a friendlier way of displaying the procedural parts inventory figures in the GUI, because it does look a bit strange with two of this and a million of that. Maybe some kind of scientific notation for such parts, e.g. "2.6E5 mat.", to indicate a large number of 'material' present.

Edit: Please chime in with a good and simple notation for procedural parts stored as material by fund value [my notation above isn't really that good].

Sounds interesting that the sim-debris can spill over to the inventory. Well done noticing.

 

Edited by Rodhern

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm having an issue with this mod, when I first start a new game with this mod installed, I can choose to spend my upgrade points fine, then after that if I try to click the gui icon nothing comes up, and a empty gui interface comes up when I go into the vab, and I cannot launch a vessel, it gives option, build or cancel, and build doesn't work

Installed via Spacedock

KSP version 1.1.1228

ModuleManager 2.6.23

 

EDIT: Sorry, I realized I was using the pre-release version, I turned it back to stable and that fixed it

 

Edited by Deewad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/7/2016 at 9:16 PM, magico13 said:

Wow, the log really doesn't say much as to what's causing the crash. There aren't really any errors at all in the log, and none in the scene that the crash happened nor the one previous (which is frankly surprising with that number of mods). What is mentioned right before is StageRecovery loading its icon in toolbar. There's a later StageRecovery than what you have, but it probably won't change anything here. You could try removing toolbar? Otherwise there isn't enough for me to figure anything out unfortunately

Interesting. I haven't seen the bug happen again though, so all's well that ends well!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

so in some RSS lets plays I heard that kct treats the multiple kscs from ksc switcher as completely different, so upgrading one site doesn't upgrade the other. is that really a thing (because that would be awesome), and if yes, how does it work?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, blub01 said:

so in some RSS lets plays I heard that kct treats the multiple kscs from ksc switcher as completely different, so upgrading one site doesn't upgrade the other. is that really a thing (because that would be awesome), and if yes, how does it work?

Depends on what you mean by upgrade. If you're talking about buildings themselves, then they're all linked in that upgrading one building at one site upgrades the same building everywhere (one exception: launchpads are unique per site). I definitely can make each site have separate buildings, but that leads to a lot of questions about how to handle the features that buildings upgrade give (like how the orbit info changes with the tracking station) KCT upgrades are unique per launch site however. Nothing special has to be done, KCT just treats them all differently and as you switch between them you'll see that the upgrades haven't been assigned.

Build queues and vessel storage are all unique to launch sites as well, so you can have a rocket building at one site, switch to another site, and then build another rocket there at the same time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, magico13 said:

Depends on what you mean by upgrade. If you're talking about buildings themselves, then they're all linked in that upgrading one building at one site upgrades the same building everywhere (one exception: launchpads are unique per site). I definitely can make each site have separate buildings, but that leads to a lot of questions about how to handle the features that buildings upgrade give (like how the orbit info changes with the tracking station) KCT upgrades are unique per launch site however. Nothing special has to be done, KCT just treats them all differently and as you switch between them you'll see that the upgrades haven't been assigned.

Build queues and vessel storage are all unique to launch sites as well, so you can have a rocket building at one site, switch to another site, and then build another rocket there at the same time.

I meant KCT upgrades only. thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a bug where KCT just disappears when I load my career save. output_log: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8o3_OKhDQ4ablpwWDhfSVR5ODA/view?usp=sharing

EDIT: nevermind, solved it, it turns out the KCT config in the save folder deletes every single letter of text in it, copying the KCT mod config text and pasting it in the save config fixed it. Still, I don't know why is this happening and it returned to me countless times.

Edited by Antonio432

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It seems the "Disable part failures" function for simulations are not functioning properly in 1.1.3. I still get part failures from Test Flight even if I toggle that on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't wait for this mod in 1.2! Just a short question, does the multiple launch pads feature actual multiple launch pads? Because it would be awesome to have 3-4 launch pads lined up against the shore, Cape Canaveral style. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Benji13

In 1.1.3 version it just swaps out the single launchpad to whatever one you have selected in the interface. If you want real static launchpads lined up, you should check out Kerbal Konstructs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.