[1.4.1] Kerbal Construction Time 1.4.0.69 (2018-03-24) - Unrapid Planned Assembly

magico13

Question:

I've been messing with the NodeFormula in settings. My goal is to have the rate per day equal the number of science points of the node researched. I would then use the upgrades to increase that rate.

Looking at the wiki, I'm a little confused as to what the rate represents. Is it science researched per 24 hours?

Setting the formal to (S/86400 ) seems to get me a 5 point node in 24 hours. Which seems in line with a science point per day, where S is 5. 

Am I far off?

also I have no idea why everything is crossed out. I door not tour on a phone

Edited by denyasis
Clarity

11 hours ago, unclepirog said:

@linuxgurugamer, @Angel-125 Not sure, if this should be posted here or on BARIS thread, but integration between these two mods seems broken. Going to start a new campaign, I've just started installing desired mods one-by-one, checking them after each change. After adding BARIS (tried both 1.8.0 and 1.8.2, no difference) to install with working KCT (latest 1.4.5.1), latter stopped to work: click on "Launch" button in VAB brings me to flight scene directly and won't add vessel to build list. After starting new game KCT didn't even offers to select preset.

There's one meaningful exception at log (by KCT, so I'm posting these in this thread):

Hide contents

[EXC 21:15:41.843] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	EventVoid+EvtDelegate..ctor (.OnEvent evt)
	EventVoid.Add (.OnEvent evt)
	KerbalConstructionTime.KCT_Events.SubscribeToEvents ()
	KerbalConstructionTime.KerbalConstructionTime.Start ()

Link to the complete log file (started new game, dismissed opened startup windows, closed game, that's all; exception message at line 24810): google drive

I'll gladly provide any other info if needed.

Yeah, I don't think this is BARIS, because I am getting the same bug but am not using BARIS. I have been having the bug for the last two versions of KCT. The build time calculation does not seem to work (it stays at 0 days, 0 minutes etc) and the launch button launches the vessel and takes you to the flight scene, rather than adding the vessel to the build list. The bug is not present on a clean install, I discovered this in my heavily modded install with about 150 mods.....starting to sift through them now until I figure out which one is causing the problem. Will report back when I have more. Might need to sleep first though..

4 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

New release, 1.4.5.2

• Fixed Exception upon entry into the editor, caused when multiple launch sites are NOT enabled
  • Fixed embedded version number
  • Disabled the KCT_UpdateChecker class

@unclepirog

This should fix the problem, please test and let me know

At first glance it works fine now, thanks!

With the past couple KCT updates I've been getting bugs for science and the construction time. The most recent one on CKAN, 1.4.5.2, appears to have fixed the science bug (science points were increasing when unlocking an R&D node), but the construction time is not working at all. Hitting 'launch' sends me to the launchpad instead of adding to the build list.

Unfortunately I have 91 mods running right now and not much time to sort through them to see if there's a conflict somewhere (CKAN isn't showing any).

3 hours ago, Treveli said:

With the past couple KCT updates I've been getting bugs for science and the construction time. The most recent one on CKAN, 1.4.5.2, appears to have fixed the science bug (science points were increasing when unlocking an R&D node), but the construction time is not working at all. Hitting 'launch' sends me to the launchpad instead of adding to the build list.

Unfortunately I have 91 mods running right now and not much time to sort through them to see if there's a conflict somewhere (CKAN isn't showing any).

Please send me a log file, there may be something in it.  Start a game, try to add a vessel to the queue, and when it goes to the launch pad, exit and send the file.

This bug was squashed one or two releases ago, is there any chance you have an old dll somewhere?  The log file will show it.

hey @linuxgurugamer, I discovered the "instant build"-bug when installing all my mods (127 of them ^^ ) and starting up a new career. I started a clean install and added just KCT with its dependencies, and the launch button worked as intended, adding the craft to the build list. Then I added my suspected culprit, the Scrapyard mod with its dependencies, and the launch button now takes me directly to the flight scene. Tried unselecting "override launch button", this makes it possible to add the craft to the build list, but the build time doesnt get updated when you add parts, only when pushing the build button will the total time required show up. Everything is installed using CKAN.

Thanks for all the great work you do ;)

22 minutes ago, Vandreren said:

Yeah, without scrapyard it works. Here are links to the log files with and without scrapyard loaded in.

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AlXtF4skH3RYgtRpQuHLw6BRMVNYBA

I can confirm this, I reproduced on a clean install with only KCT, scrap yard, KRASH, clickthrough blocker, KSP-AVC, blizzy's toolbar and the toolbar controller. Would you like my logs as well?

Just now, Errol said:

I can confirm this, I reproduced on a clean install with only KCT, scrap yard, KRASH, clickthrough blocker, KSP-AVC, blizzy's toolbar and the toolbar controller. Would you like my logs as well?

No need, thanks.  Although if you remove KRASH to verify it still happens, that would be helpful

I realized that I didn't actually have blizzy's installed, so I also removed the clickthrough blocker and toolbar controller and stuff. So this failed test was done with only Module Manager, KCT, magicore and scrapyard. So, without KRASH installed, build time calculation still not working, and launch button still opening flight scene and launching the craft.

6 minutes ago, Errol said:

I realized that I didn't actually have blizzy's installed, so I also removed the clickthrough blocker and toolbar controller and stuff. So this failed test was done with only Module Manager, KCT, magicore and scrapyard. So, without KRASH installed, build time calculation still not working, and launch button still opening flight scene and launching the craft.

Check your log file, you should see an exception, both issues are most likely related to it

1 hour ago, Errol said:

Here is the bottom portion of the log:

Please don't post logs like this, it causes real problems on mobile.

It's best to post a link to a download of the log file.  A dozen lines is ok, 600+ lines is not

Also, since you only posted a portion, I can say with certainty that what I would need is missing, I did look at it, and I did see the exception I was expecting, but there is other data in the log which can be useful.

Anyway, for this, I don't need any more log files

New release, 1.4.5.3

• Fixed exception when Scrapyard was installed, caused numerous other issues

Thank you for bearing with me during this transition period.  This issue was caused by a difference between compilers;  it worked perfectly well compiled locally, but was failing on my build server.  There were actually two lines which had this problem, they are both now fixed.

This would have caused all the other issues which were reported about going directly to the launchpad, etc

You are the man Linuxgurugamer, taking on the mods we love, keeping them alive and doing the hard work. Hopefully KCT will work for me again, been waiting for the fix, figured I wasn't the only one and it looked like you were already on the hunt! BZ! Keep up the amazing work, I dread the day you disappear from the community.

@linuxgurugamer Hi, i'm happy to see you adopting this mod though I weep to think of your ever increasing workload.

I have one question my KCT mod UI does not display BP cost.

Here is an image of UI in VAB

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1590aiLgOQIRZvR9ELTHN0Db52KKyWU4O

Is this intended? (I keep seeing the BP cost in other players older screenshots)

Or is this an error in my install.

If it's an error i suppose I can upload my logs?

Edited by Shizen