[1.4.1] Kerbal Construction Time 1.4.0.69 (2018-03-24) - Unrapid Planned Assembly

magico13

You just have to klick the "Buy 10 Jeb Coins" and you can switch it off ;-)

Yep! That's the in-game way of doing it. Or you can switch scenes 6 times (I added that in case people were like ... and tried making it go away by randomly clicking things). All the other "store" buttons take you to a website that says the same thing.

Also, the daily challenge is actually coded up to be completable, but I never got a chance to do it myself so I don't know if it works properly ;)

But yeah, super easy to disable. Just 3 clicks (4 if you include opening the build list GUI).

I'm actually sad I couldn't do more with it. I wanted to have build times actually take real time and make it so you could spend Jeb Coin to reduce it, but after spending two days on the joke I didn't have the time.

Also, all those files have been in there since the update and no one happened to find them (thankfully). The stupid advertisement is in the Icons folder if anyone wants it (to burn, perhaps) :D

Also, apparently Squad's April Fools prank is to list everyone as a moderator?

Edited by magico13

By the in-game error popup, I'm assuming? Based on your post history, it looks like you've already reported the error to the source: Contract Configurator. The following error was listed when you switched to Flight mode, which would indeed cause that popup to occur (since KCT will not have gotten to load it's data as a result):

InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object
at System.Linq.Enumerable.First[UInt32] (IEnumerable`1 source) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at ContractConfigurator.ContractVesselTracker.OnLoad (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at ScenarioModule.Load (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at ScenarioRunner.AddModule (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at ProtoScenarioModule.Load (.ScenarioRunner host) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at ScenarioRunner+ .MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

/Begin Ramble/ This makes me wonder if I'd be able to forcibly load KCT's data from the persistence when it detects that the OnLoad didn't complete. The only issue with that is then KCT would work properly, but a bunch of other mods would still be broken. The error popup was actually implemented to catch errors usually caused by other mods (like, 9 times out of 10) that then visibly break KCT but may not visibly break other mods, that are often reported as KCT errors. If I fixed KCT when other mods cause it to break, the player would still be playing with broken mods and might not even know, which undoubtedly would cause additional problems. Might not be worth it. /End Ramble/

Addressing other issues: I'll take a look at the issues with buying more time and "Warp To" causing trajectory changes. The first one isn't terribly surprising because it pauses the game instantly (except, so does pressing Esc and they work the same way). I don't recall if it resumes your last warp state or not if you purchase more time. If it does, I'll try resetting the warp to 1x. Warp To actually does ramp up/down time. It's just a very fast ramp up (one step a frame). I can try slowing it down, but there's a chance that it won't stop in time for short warps. I don't generally use it during flight, almost always at the Space Center or Tracking Station (if it's gonna be a few days and I don't want to watch the sun rise and set a bunch of times really fast), so I haven't noticed the problem myself yet. I'll take a look at everything else tonight if I get a chance.

Thanks for clarifying it for me and the help in CC thread fixed the problem

Also, the daily challenge is actually coded up to be completable, but I never got a chance to do it myself so I don't know if it works properly ;)

Dang! I took one look at the daily challenge and went "nope, nope, not me". Cute April Fool's trick though! I started my game up while I was up making coffee, and when I sat back down the ad was up and I was very confused. :D

I take it you're in a much later time zone than me ;) PM if you have actual questions/are having trouble. I'd like to save the surprise for a little while :D

Lol I saw that post just as I was getting up and heading to work, I just loaded KSP now, after work, and it all makes sense! LOL. Good one!

Dang! I took one look at the daily challenge and went "nope, nope, not me"

I really hope someone completes it (and the code that checks for it being complete works properly, I will admit that I didn't fully test it because I wasn't about to spend a few hours trying it. Note: The SRB doesn't have to still be firing, it just has to be "activated", so empty but activated should count).

Updated OP to reflect the changes being made in KCT to become the money grabbing pit awesome new mod called Kerbal Crush Saga: Rocket Fire Age.

If you're interested in becoming an advertising partner, contact me and we can work something out. I require minimum $1,000 before any content will be displayed. More if you want special features, like popping up when a player gets within 10 meters of the ground with a minimum timeout of 10 seconds. Video content and volume override is being worked on as we speak! Microsoft is totally down with the idea of overriding volume controls and are being a HUGE help!

I really hope someone completes it (and the code that checks for it being complete works properly, I will admit that I didn't fully test it because I wasn't about to spend a few hours trying it. Note: The SRB doesn't have to still be firing, it just has to be "activated", so empty but activated should count).

Updated OP to reflect the changes being made in KCT to become the money grabbing pit awesome new mod called Kerbal Crush Saga: Rocket Fire Age.

If you're interested in becoming an advertising partner, contact me and we can work something out. I require minimum $1,000 before any content will be displayed. More if you want special features, like popping up when a player gets within 10 meters of the ground with a minimum timeout of 10 seconds. Video content and volume override is being worked on as we speak! Microsoft is totally down with the idea of overriding volume controls and are being a HUGE help!

Speaking f that add pop up, I almost couldn't disable the joke module, because that damn add kept popping up faster than I could click the right buttons. Lol. Still laughing about it.

Speaking f that add pop up, I almost couldn't disable the joke module, because that damn add kept popping up faster than I could click the right buttons. Lol. Still laughing about it.

Yeah, miiiggghhtt have been a little too frequent. A little late to fix now, unfortunately. Alternatively, you can disable it in the config file (but then you can't keep the SRB races and Daily Challenge! The SRB races are strangely fun to me. Who knew watching random number generators fight would be so entertaining!)

Probably would have re-installed but not with that whole joke page. Gonna wait till it is removed. Don't trust it... :)

It's pretty easily disabled and won't actually break anything. Might just annoy you for a bit ;) It'll self-disable once April 2nd comes around, so the longest you'll have to wait is until tomorrow :P I'll try to replace the OP with the normal one either late tonight or tomorrow morning.

Holy sweet hypergolic rocket fuel!

I got the parts disabled from the dank april fools joke, but it took me 10 minutes to find the X button in the upper LEFT HAND CORNER!

Great prank though.

Upper left was easier to code than upper right. Considered adding a timer so you'd be stuck with it for like 10 seconds (and there'd be no button at all), but decided that was too cruel :D

I'm glad most people seem to be taking it fairly light-heartedly. I had some fun with it, while trying to also make it semi-functional. The full page ads are the kicker though. I don't think it'd be a true mobile game experience without awful full page ads always getting in your way.

Hey magico13, great job on this mod! It's one of the mods I will not play KSP without :)

Which leads me to a small problem: all of a sudden, KCT started throwing exceptions in one of my games, and no amount of reloading and reinstalling will fix it. The problem seems localized to that one save file, which I can attach if you think that would be helpful.

I'm running 32-bit KSP 0.90 on Win7x64, and I have KCT 1.1.5 from CKAN.

Here are the two exceptions that flood the logs (repeating literally thousands of times) every time I load that save file:

[EXC 14:14:28.486] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

KerbalConstructionTime.KerbalConstructionTime.FixedUpdate ()

[EXC 14:14:28.578] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

KerbalConstructionTime.KCT_GUI.SetGUIPositions (UnityEngine.WindowFunction OnWindow)

KerbalConstructionTime.KerbalConstructionTime.OnDraw ()

RenderingManager.OnGUI ()

Please let me know if I can do anything to help!

@obi1kenobi: Could you perhaps upload the full output_log.txt file from the KSP_Data folder, and perhaps the save file as well. I'd suggest dropbox or some other file sharing site like that. If you wish, you can put them in a zip file if it's easier for you.

Do those two exceptions happen in that order every time (A-B-A-B-A-B...etc) or does only one repeat, or is it random? Have you tried deleting all of the config files (anything ending in .cfg or .txt) from the KerbalConstructionTime folder? It could also be an issue with the April Fools day prank if it started happening today, in which case you should go into the KCT_Config.txt file and set "DisableSpecialSurprise= True" (from "DisableSpecialSurprise= False").

Dang! I took one look at the daily challenge and went "nope, nope, not me". Cute April Fool's trick though! I started my game up while I was up making coffee, and when I sat back down the ad was up and I was very confused. :D

Yeah, I updated the game at 2am and sat there very, very confused. I ended up posting it on reddit and then going to bed.

Nice April Fool's, op! The lack of a hyperlink from the splash screen to the store made me not make the connection, however.

Hah! In the face of infuriatingly persistent popup ads, I managed to complete the daily challenge!

mechjeb and infinite fuel may or may not have been involved, especially after 10 minutes of trying to line up the #%$& tower with ads popping up everywhere

5pVa4ja.png

As per your request, here's my little ship, landed on the tower. I simply set the SRB to about 8% thrust output, which didn't mess with my engines much at all.

sxngVfH.png

NErgpf7.png

That was fun! I think that you shouldn't go back to the previous version after today, and just keep this around forever! ​/s

@obi1kenobi: Could you perhaps upload the full output_log.txt file from the KSP_Data folder, and perhaps the save file as well. I'd suggest dropbox or some other file sharing site like that. If you wish, you can put them in a zip file if it's easier for you.

Here's a link to a folder containing the full log, the save game that exhibits this behavior, and a ckan listing of all mods I have installed.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/uhsay12lc3tu9cg/AADtSBPTMeO4OEsTcPMryimZa?dl=0

The problems started happening a few days ago, so I don't think the special surprise had anything to do with it.

I'm going to clear all the config files and try again ASAP, as you suggested. Thanks for the prompt reply!

CalculusWarrior, that's awesome! And with the ads still playing, too, that's even better (seeing as you can disable the ads but keep the challenge available). I'll have to come up with a suitable reward, which I can't think of at the moment. I'll take suggestions. My first thought is some kind of mention in-game on an "about" screen or something like that. If you're the only one to complete it, maybe I'll do something even better.

@magico13:

Removing the *.cfg/*.txt files and reinstalling KCT did the trick. Unfortunately, I didn't think to preserve the files for posterity, so I don't think I'll be able to help you replicate the problem -- sorry!

I'll let you know if it happens again, and thanks for helping me out :)

Love the mod, and I consider it one of my must haves... here's my problem.

I had launched a mission through the KCT Icon on the Space Center. During flight, KSP crashed during a scene transition (and under the 3.5 MB mem limit... go figure). When I reentered KSP, it showed a rocket on the launch pad, with "Launch" and "Recover" being my choices from the icon. No rocket listed on the KCT Toolbar. Launching the rocket starts a simulation. Am I missing something here?

Thanks!