[1.4.1] Kerbal Construction Time 1.4.0.69 (2018-03-24) - Unrapid Planned Assembly

magico13

It doesn't sound like it is any connection with turning on instant upgrades, but if you you have them upgrading over time, and you happen to be in a flight when the upgrade completion it supposed to trigger, the upgrade fails to be provided. I will try and get this condition to happen today and see if I can duplicate this.

Actually, I fixed that during this update. Upgrades should wait to complete until you're in the Space Center.

E: Woot! 1000th reply to this thread!

E2: I should clarify that I didn't fix chrisl's issue yet, just that I fixed the issue with being outside of the Space Center scene when an upgrade completes causing you to "lose" the upgrade.

I'm going to also use this post to shamelessly plug another one of my mods. Sensible Screenshot just got a big update which makes it so you can automatically rename (and convert) your screenshots to unique file names that can contain specific in-game information, like KSP version or Save name, or Active Vessel name and biome and situation and parent body, or the current in-game time (obviously in addition to the out of game time).

Edited by magico13

So, I really like only point to use is to combine with TAC Life support mod.

Another thing is if you use the Construction Time mod you will lose lot of contracts.

I need to figure out how to make them work together.

It is not a known issue, so thanks for the report! It should be that when you turn on Instant KSC Upgrades any in-progress upgrades should complete right then and there. If that's not the case then I'll have to fix that.

I had Instant KSC Upgrades turned off at the time. I was flying a satelite and was waiting for my purchase (the level 2 tracking station) to finish so I could plan a course correction. When KCT said the alloted time had passed and I still couldn't set my course correction, I figured I needed to go back to KSC in order for the tracking station to actually update. HOwever, when I did that I still have the level 1 station and KCT said there was nothing waiting to be built. I tried turning Instant KSC Updates ON at that point but since there was no longer anything in the queue, it didn't do anything.

So, I really like only point to use is to combine with TAC Life support mod.

Another thing is if you use the Construction Time mod you will lose lot of contracts.

I need to figure out how to make them work together.

I'm not 100% sure what you're trying to say, but if you need any help with something just let me know. KCT should work nicely with TAC without any issues, and you shouldn't be losing any contracts, other than ones that have time limits that you exceed, which with how ridiculously long some of the contracts last, isn't actually that frequent.

I had Instant KSC Upgrades turned off at the time. I was flying a satelite and was waiting for my purchase (the level 2 tracking station) to finish so I could plan a course correction. When KCT said the alloted time had passed and I still couldn't set my course correction, I figured I needed to go back to KSC in order for the tracking station to actually update. HOwever, when I did that I still have the level 1 station and KCT said there was nothing waiting to be built. I tried turning Instant KSC Updates ON at that point but since there was no longer anything in the queue, it didn't do anything.

Oh, ok, thank you for the clarification! I suppose I'll need to do a bit more testing of that system, since it worked fine for me during testing. Unfortunately you must return to the Space Center to have the upgrades go through, but it should have still waited in the queue until you loaded that scene. I'm afraid you'll just have to cheat those funds back in in the meantime.

E: Anyone know if this is working properly for 1.0.1?

Edited by magico13

Running KSP v.10.2.842 with no apparent issues, though I don't know how to look at the logfiles to see if I'm throwing silent errors (if you'd care for me to learn, lemme know here and I can look it up and post the files to you.)

Question, though -- with the increased emphasis on job specialty, I notice that on the launch vessel dialogue, "Randomize Filling" of the available seats seems counterproductive. Is there a way to randomize filling, but specify job specialty when possible? Or prioritize them (50% chance of Pilot, 10% chance of Civilian, etc.)? Or specify fallback options, specifying Pilots but if no more Pilots available revert to Engineers?

:D

Eh, I don't know how much I really want to spend the time on that right now. That might be something to ask enneract about for CrewQ, since it has a similar functionality and he's done some work on integrating KCT and CrewQ

Running KSP v.10.2.842 with no apparent issues, though I don't know how to look at the logfiles to see if I'm throwing silent errors (if you'd care for me to learn, lemme know here and I can look it up and post the files to you.)

Question, though -- with the increased emphasis on job specialty, I notice that on the launch vessel dialogue, "Randomize Filling" of the available seats seems counterproductive. Is there a way to randomize filling, but specify job specialty when possible? Or prioritize them (50% chance of Pilot, 10% chance of Civilian, etc.)? Or specify fallback options, specifying Pilots but if no more Pilots available revert to Engineers?

:D

I'll throw something like that in next time I touch the CrewQueue compatibility. It will require CrewQueue tho.

@Magico13

Good news, adding a few mods gave enough hope to start a new career, KCT included and it helps a lot :D

I'm going to test that configuration, the upgrade points not being used one, they're still there but seem useless. Everything seems fine but will have to test after I've done some upgrades. Only thing that makes me kinda sad is there is no research gain from building rockets alone, but I've guess thats fine too.

@Magico13

Everything seems fine but will have to test after I've done some upgrades. Only thing that makes me kinda sad is there is no research gain from building rockets alone, but I've guess thats fine too.

There is after upgrading the R&D center, if I recall correctly. I don't remember the amount, but I think it doubles again when you go to the third upgrade level. You'll likely need to make some tweaks to the overall balance, since it wasn't ever playtested.

Edit: Just looked it up, looks like its 0 science at level 0, 1 at level 1, and 4 at level 2.

ResearchFormula = [R]^2/86400

Edited by magico13

For some reason RealChute parts use ridiculous inventory numbers:

They're Procedural Parts, so they use the inventory in a really weird way. Instead of the number representing a singular part, it represents a bunch of material that can be reworked into a different part (doesn't make as much sense for parachutes, but allows flexibility for things like Procedural Tanks). That number is 1000 times the cost of the part. If you want an in-depth description of how that system works, check this GitHub issue about it: https://github.com/magico13/KCT/issues/17

They're Procedural Parts, so they use the inventory in a really weird way. Instead of the number representing a singular part, it represents a bunch of material that can be reworked into a different part (doesn't make as much sense for parachutes, but allows flexibility for things like Procedural Tanks). That number is 1000 times the cost of the part. If you want an in-depth description of how that system works, check this GitHub issue about it: https://github.com/magico13/KCT/issues/17

Thanks for clarification.

Hey, magico13, what is the status on KCT and CrewQ compatibility? Is KCT 1.1.6 ready to use with CrewQ?

To me, looks like, at the launch window, KCT is still offering to assign kerbonauts who should be on leave...

Hey, magico13, what is the status on KCT and CrewQ compatibility? Is KCT 1.1.6 ready to use with CrewQ?

To me, looks like, at the launch window, KCT is still offering to assign kerbonauts who should be on leave...

No. I backed out the PR to update that because it had some problems. Probably won't see it until the next KCt release, sorry.

No. I backed out the PR to update that because it had some problems. Probably won't see it until the next KCt release, sorry.

No problem! I just wanted it to get a better roleplaying.

I'll wait patiently. After all, unless I'm mistaken, you have a life, don't you? ;)

No problem! I just wanted it to get a better roleplaying.

I'll wait patiently. After all, unless I'm mistaken, you have a life, don't you? ;)

I'll post a pre-release on my KCT branch asap :)

I'll post a pre-release on my KCT branch asap :)

If you do a PR into the Development branch, even if it's not 100% yet I'll accept it and my build server will automatically build a dev build.

Hi!

I do not know if it has been already posted, but I have a problem with KCT. When I exit the VAB or the SPH after I launched a building process, I can see the top right icon of KST disappearing and then appearing again without any process active. No matter what I try, VAB and SPH processes won't start. The buildings upgrades, instead, work perfectly.

Could it be that KST is incompatible with some of my mods?

Thanks

P.S. Sorry for my English.

I like how this mod enhances the career mode. Time has more meaning now. I think it would have even more meaning if there were running operational costs for the facility as then you could not just sit idly waiting for things to be ready. It would be tricky to balance but could start small as not to make it too difficult.

Maybe some defined constant that is proportional to the upgrade points spent and square of the level of each of the facility buildings?

so could start at something like 1000 per day and increase as the facility develops.

Any thoughts?