[1.4.1] Kerbal Construction Time 1.4.0.69 (2018-03-24) - Unrapid Planned Assembly

magico13

I've used this mod for quite a while now, and wouldn't be without it. I've found it to be an excellent tool for mod development, due to the ability to easily and instantly get vessels into various situations. Keep up the good work!

Might I suggest HyperEdit? It's where KCT's simulation code comes from originally. It's got less restrictions than the simulations do, and might help you out even more :)

I just realized something upon starting my first 1.0.4 career. You know, if it wasn't for KCT, there would be little meaning to the contract completion time limits. I mean..wow, I have had to juggle some builds and my few upgrade points to just barely get a few contracts before they expire. I mean seriously, that's something in stock that is literally made for this mod. Awesome. :)

I'm quite glad the contract time limits are unreasonably long. For KCT, that makes them still practical. Without KCT they're just stupid long. The only time constraint in stock is interplanetary transfers, so a majority of contracts really don't have any constraints on time.

I'm quite glad the contract time limits are unreasonably long. For KCT, that makes them still practical. Without KCT they're just stupid long. The only time constraint in stock is interplanetary transfers, so a majority of contracts really don't have any constraints on time.

A screw up by Squad that is very favorable to your mod, magico. :) Love it when things work out.

I'm having some issues when editing crafts. can't pick parts, cant select parts from the vessel, cant change category and category bar is all glitchy.

anyone else had this?

Did you recover that craft to storage from a flight? If so, it probably got messed up and won't be editable. You've got two options in that case: scrap the vessel, or load the KCT_Backup.sfs file and try recovering it again and hope it works that time. If it's just a craft you built in the VAB/SPH and haven't launched yet, then that's an unexpected problem. Either way, logs might provide more info.

So I was messing around with this mod and real fuels and have a problem. I can set the correct fuels from my engines and tanks but when I go to launch the craft after is has been built and what-not the fuel tanks are empty. I have no problems with modular fuel tanks just real fuels. Is there a work around for this? I like the realism that both of the mods provide and I don't want to have to uninstall one cause it kinda ruins the fun that install of mine provides (I have one with MF and one with RF). If anyone has an answer that would be awesome!

So I was messing around with this mod and real fuels and have a problem. I can set the correct fuels from my engines and tanks but when I go to launch the craft after is has been built and what-not the fuel tanks are empty. I have no problems with modular fuel tanks just real fuels. Is there a work around for this? I like the realism that both of the mods provide and I don't want to have to uninstall one cause it kinda ruins the fun that install of mine provides (I have one with MF and one with RF). If anyone has an answer that would be awesome!

I've tried to fix this bug in the past, but am not sure why my fixes don't hold. The general solution is to include launchclamps on your vessel, otherwise volatile fuels will get boiled off. I really wish Real Fuels would start their timers when placed on the launchpad, rather than from when the part is made in the editor :/

I seem to be having trouble getting KCT and Kerbinside to play nice together too. I've gotten that weird "game cannot be played" error, but mostly, when I tell it to "build" a vessel in the VAB, somehow it ends up in the SPH. Then when trying to load it, all hell breaks loose. Is this a known thing, or have I found a new one?

I haven't tested Kerbal Konstructs compatibility in 1.0 myself yet, but it was never that bad before. You can send logs, but that sounds like something I'll have to try myself.

Hey guys, I seem to be having significant issues trying to use the "recover active vessel" function. Whenever I try to recover a rover that I was using to explore the KSC, it will just flip over and/or explode, and more importantly, NOT go back to storage.

What am I doing wrong?

edit: I think I figured it out. My kerbal was in a command seat. When I removed him or put him inside the craft, it recovered fine.

Did I discover a new bug, or is that already known?

Edited by MerlinsMaster

Hey guys, I seem to be having significant issues trying to use the "recover active vessel" function. Whenever I try to recover a rover that I was using to explore the KSC, it will just flip over and/or explode, and more importantly, NOT go back to storage.

What am I doing wrong?

edit: I think I figured it out. My kerbal was in a command seat. When I removed him or put him inside the craft, it recovered fine.

Did I discover a new bug, or is that already known?

You should just generally assume there are bugs with that code, as it only works about 50% of the time, which is why KCT makes a quicksave before it attempts to recover. I should start keeping a list of situations where it definitely has issues to see if I can figure out ways around them in the future.

Here's the list, as of right now: https://github.com/magico13/KCT/issues/82

Hey guys, let's say I've damaged one of the wheels on my rover, and I have no engineers that know how to repair it. Is there a way to repair craft that are in storage? If there is no repair option, then I am requesting one now. Thanks.

Hey guys, let's say I've damaged one of the wheels on my rover, and I have no engineers that know how to repair it. Is there a way to repair craft that are in storage? If there is no repair option, then I am requesting one now. Thanks.

Just press the * button after the craft has been recovered to edit the craft in the editor. Then replace the broken wheel. No clue whether or not that will work properly, as KSP may not allow broken wheels in the editor. You may have to add it to the list of things that are "fixed" when recovering to storage. Here is a walkthrough I wrote that explains how to do that. Alternatively, you can send me the before and after craft files and I can do it myself. Either way, that's probably something that should be reset, so if you do end up adding it yourself, please send me the config you come up with so I can included it in future versions :)

The auto-update checker in KCT itself seems to run every scene change, and I get these errors:

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

[KCT] Checking for updates...

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

You are trying to load data from a www stream which had the following error when downloading.

couldn't connect to host

(Filename: Line: 1075)

You are trying to load data from a www stream which had the following error when downloading.

couldn't connect to host

(Filename: Line: 1075)

[KCT] Received version:

[KCT] No new updates. Current: 1.1.8.0

I disabled update checks in the KCT tool and it seems better. I use KSP-AVC so if we have KSP-AVC installed, could this check in the tool itself be disabled automatically?

The update checker has actually been removed in the next version completely (but I may add it back for development versions). The reason it's having issues right now is that my server is down (since last Friday and will be until probably Sunday, maybe later) because I had a hard drive failure and if I lose another drive then I lose all my data. I've ordered replacements (replacing my 3 rather old 1 TB drives with 3 brand new 3 TB drives), but I'll have to set up the server from scratch again.

For now, AVC and the built in checker won't work at all.

Sigh.... KCT just does not like me now. Tried using it again, got that weird "your game is borked" error just upon loading & going into VAB. This is NOT the most current version I don't think, CKAN isn't listing an update yet.

The good-ish news is that you are actually using the latest release. The bad-ish news is that it seems to actually be a KCT issue, but might also be a Real Fuels issue. KCT logs a bad error when loading up the Space Center, but Real Fuels logs one upon entering the VAB, which then causes a KCT error as well (but KCT may have caused the Real Fuels one in the first place...)

You might try the development version, but I'm not sure if the cause of this issue is fixed. There are enough internal changes that it might be.

Additionally, I know someone mentioned issues with Kerbal Konstructs. Could be related?

If you turn on the KCT Debug messages in the KCT settings it might help me pinpoint where exactly the error is happening.

The update checker has actually been removed in the next version completely (but I may add it back for development versions). The reason it's having issues right now is that my server is down (since last Friday and will be until probably Sunday, maybe later) because I had a hard drive failure and if I lose another drive then I lose all my data. I've ordered replacements (replacing my 3 rather old 1 TB drives with 3 brand new 3 TB drives), but I'll have to set up the server from scratch again.

For now, AVC and the built in checker won't work at all.

Frustrating :-(

Thanks for the update.

Frustrating :-(

Thanks for the update.

For me or for you? Very frustrating for me. I've got the hard drives now, but haven't gotten a chance to do a full format and verify that they're not dead on arrival. If any of them are, I'll have to go through the several week long process of trying to RMA them. If it's just one dead, I'll buy a new one in the mean time and then have 4 in the final set up.

I'm still working on dev versions though (they're getting pretty stable now! Mostly just polish at the moment), and hope to push out a full release this weekend if NathanKell would stop making requests already ;)

The good-ish news is that you are actually using the latest release. The bad-ish news is that it seems to actually be a KCT issue, but might also be a Real Fuels issue. KCT logs a bad error when loading up the Space Center, but Real Fuels logs one upon entering the VAB, which then causes a KCT error as well (but KCT may have caused the Real Fuels one in the first place...)

You might try the development version, but I'm not sure if the cause of this issue is fixed. There are enough internal changes that it might be.

Additionally, I know someone mentioned issues with Kerbal Konstructs. Could be related?

If you turn on the KCT Debug messages in the KCT settings it might help me pinpoint where exactly the error is happening.

O Irony! I turned KCT back on in the first place specifically so I could get logs from it not playing nice with KK. Will turn debugger on & try again.

Haha always love those !!FUN!! bugs, I can verify intermittent issues on the 32 bit exe in Windoze starting a new game with KCT / RF with the error thrown. Using the 64 bit hack (with "fixed" dlls so this is completely irrelevant) windoze it happens every time I start a new game; but interestingly enough; changing scenes (in my instance from KSC view to tracking sta then back caused KCT to update properly (no more errors / correct new game popup).

Haha always love those !!FUN!! bugs, I can verify intermittent issues on the 32 bit exe in Windoze starting a new game with KCT / RF with the error thrown. Using the 64 bit hack (with "fixed" dlls so this is completely irrelevant) windoze it happens every time I start a new game; but interestingly enough; changing scenes (in my instance from KSC view to tracking sta then back caused KCT to update properly (no more errors / correct new game popup).

People have reported no luck with the 64 bit build before. I've looked at logs, and nothing was even being reported in them, so I have no clue whether or not it actually worked or if it was a false positive. KCT itself doesn't have any active 64 bit restrictions.

If I find the time, I'll take a look at RF again. Especially since KCT is a recommended (and maybe soon a dependency of) RP-0 (the career mode version of RO).

For me or for you? Very frustrating for me. I've got the hard drives now, but haven't gotten a chance to do a full format and verify that they're not dead on arrival. If any of them are, I'll have to go through the several week long process of trying to RMA them. If it's just one dead, I'll buy a new one in the mean time and then have 4 in the final set up.

I'm still working on dev versions though (they're getting pretty stable now! Mostly just polish at the moment), and hope to push out a full release this weekend if NathanKell would stop making requests already ;)

I meant that as a "I understand, that's frustrating and I sympathize" comment :-)

- - - Updated - - -

How does KCT hook into the Time Warp system?

I'm getting odd issues on Linux x64, when KCT is installed along with Time Control (I patched it to 1.0.4) and Kerbal Alarm Clock, and I reduce my warp back to 1 from a high warp while in the space center.

Particularly, the problems tended to start happening when I drop to the 3rd and 2nd warp levels , freezing on the first.

I am doing a space center upgrade and it seems to have trouble and freezes once I reach 1x.

You might need to warp manually and use Kerbal Alarm Clock alarms. The way warp is handled should work with any setup, but there might still be some hard coded stuff still in there from the original system (which was completely hard coded to the stock system).