[1.4.1] Kerbal Construction Time 1.4.0.69 (2018-03-24) - Unrapid Planned Assembly

magico13

I meant reverting to the space center, the word didn't come to my mind then.

If you exit to the space center during a simulation then it'll revert just as if you used the revert to editor button in a normal game (except, you'll be in the space center scene and not the editor). It's very rare for a simulation to not revert correctly, but it has happened before. If you switch from flight to the space center scene with the button above the altimeter nothing special happens, you just go to the space center. You can advance time in any scene you like (space center, flight, tracking station, even the editor if you have Editor Time installed) and it'll work just fine.

Hopefully that answers your question. If it didn't, or if you have more questions, let me know :)

What is the requirement to unlock the next build slot?

If you mean the second build slot and you're using the default Preset (or a derivative of it) then all you have to do is put an upgrade point into the second build rate. It'll increase in 0.1BP/s increments (rather than 0.05 BP/s) but can't be higher than the first rate.

If you're trying to unlock a third rate but your VAB is only level 1, you'll need to upgrade it to level 2 first.

If you're using the UpFree Preset then you don't assign upgrade points at all and you'll automatically get the second build rate when you upgrade the VAB (and a third one when you upgrade the VAB and the R&D center to level 3)

Quick question, after looking thru the wiki until my brain hurt: How do I tweak things to make simulation 10x more expensive?

Super easy! Just open up the Presets GUI, then show the formulas. Find the following two formulas: SimCostFormula and KerbinSimCostFormula and add "10*" (without quotes) to the front. Then save.

(ie: SimCostFormula = 10*max([C]/50000 * min([PM]/[KM], 80) * (/10 + 1) * ([A]/10 + 1) * ([L]^0.5) * 100, 500) )

That will only affect the current save file. If you want to change it more permanently you can either alter the Default Preset (not advised because it'll get reset when you update), or you can save the modified Preset as a new one and choose it when you start a new game. If you've got questions, or want to change things in a more complicated way, let me know and I'll gladly help you out :)

Question about a variable. "U" in the followiing formula is listed as part tracker. Is that part count/# of parts in the vessel? Thanks! :)

EffectivePartFormula = "min([C]/([I] + ([B]*([U]+1))), [C])"
Purpose: Controls the “effective cost†of a part for determining build point values.
Variables: C=cost, c=dry cost, M=wet mass, m=dry mass, U=part tracker, O=overall multiplier, I=inventory effect (0 if not in inv), B=build effect

Question about a variable. "U" in the followiing formula is listed as part tracker. Is that part count/# of parts in the vessel? Thanks! :)

U is the number of times that part has been used in builds in the past (it's tied to the BuildEffect normally). The very first time you use a part, it's 0. If you build 3 ships that all use that part, it will be 3 (even if you used that part a hundred times in each build).

The EffectivePartFormula is a per-part function. Every part has that function calculated for it, then they're all added together to give [E] in the BP formula.

Super easy! Just open up the Presets GUI, then show the formulas. Find the following two formulas: SimCostFormula and KerbinSimCostFormula and add "10*" (without quotes) to the front. Then save.

(ie: SimCostFormula = 10*max([C]/50000 * min([PM]/[KM], 80) * (/10 + 1) * ([A]/10 + 1) * ([L]^0.5) * 100, 500) )

That will only affect the current save file. If you want to change it more permanently you can either alter the Default Preset (not advised because it'll get reset when you update), or you can save the modified Preset as a new one and choose it when you start a new game. If you've got questions, or want to change things in a more complicated way, let me know and I'll gladly help you out :)

I was about to whine, then I read it again and saw there was more than one formula, now it works. :D Thanx again.

I was about to whine, then I read it again and saw there was more than one formula, now it works. :D Thanx again.

Yeah, it wasn't ideal but I ended up having to write two formulas to handle the fact that simulations from the launchpad are considerably cheaper than orbital ones. I should just add in the ability to use inline if statements to the formula parser, which would reduce that to one (massive) formula. It's a todo item, but not high priority because I use the hacky method of "negatives == disabled" combined with some tricky sign() usage ;)

Have recently started getting this error. It happens in 32 or 64 bit Windows.

NLGu12M.png

Most recent error log here

To cause the error, I reverted a flight to launch pad, then went to space center. After clicking 'Understood', the game became unplayable. I had to exit out with alt-F4.

Edited by Torgo

I had the same problem as Torgo, but I could still play the game. I uninstalled just to make sure, and now I'm having bugs that may have been caused by it. My camera shoots off at wierd angles, I magically gain velocity, KSC is at an angle that I can't click anything, tracking center is unexitable... What do?

EDIT: Now my realchute info windows are tiny and I can't use them. :(

Torgo You're having the same error that several other people have mentioned in the past with SCANSat. I'm still not totally sure what causes it, other than switching vessels and apparently reverting to the launchpad. It seems any transition from Flight Scene to Flight Scene causes something to go wrong, which freaks out SCANsat, which then breaks everything else. SCANsat has been involved in every single instance (and has always dealt the final blow), so I'm inclined to believe it's at fault. Your best bet is to remove SCANsat and try again if it keeps occurring.

Thankfully, 1.1 might have some code to help prevent one mod from causing all others to break. So a minor bug for SCANsat won't cause major failures in KCT or any other mods that come after it in loading.

Zekario, I highly suggest uploading a log file (KSPFOLDER\KSP_Data\output_log.txt) to a site such as Dropbox so I can take a look, but if you have SCANsat installed I'm gonna guess it's related. Though yours sounds a little more severe than the others I've seen reported.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_UhWS9XoLnKMXRRcGFXUTlhWXM/view?usp=sharing

Here is my log file. Reverting to before the error doesn't fix it, the camera still doesn't focus on the ship.

EDIT: My game keeps getting more and more screwed up. Now my pilots show up as scientists. After relaunching a vehicle with the same pilot in it, it shows as a pilot but doesn't count as one.

Edited by Zekario

Any chance of compatibility with DangIt? At the minute recovering a vehicle intact doesn't repair any broken modules.

Add it yourself! I'll gladly add it to the default list if you do it, but I'm not going to go through the process myself since I don't use DangIt and don't plan on using it any time soon. I'll gladly help if you send me the appropriate craft files as outlined in that tutorial :)

Here is my log file. Reverting to before the error doesn't fix it, the camera still doesn't focus on the ship.

EDIT: My game keeps getting more and more screwed up. Now my pilots show up as scientists. After relaunching a vehicle with the same pilot in it, it shows as a pilot but doesn't count as one.

KCT's not even running (which I think you told me you uninstalled it). It looks like an issue with RealChutes if I had to guess. Try removing that, manually replacing all the parachutes on your craft with new ones (to remove the RealChutes module from them), and then trying again. That might fix your problem. If not, send another log and I can see if there are some things that are happening consistently before the errors get bad.

Magico,

Thanks for all the work you do for us. Seriously. I mean it. You do more troubleshooting for more mods that aren't even your own than anyone else. I just wanted to make sure you knew how much we appreciate it.

Also, I LOVE that KCT works with Kerbinside. I just wish now that running Kerbinside didn't take up so much memory. I don't have enough available to run it anymore.

Keep up the good work!

You do more troubleshooting for more mods that aren't even your own than anyone else. I just wanted to make sure you knew how much we appreciate it.

Well thank you, but I don't always know for sure if KCT's at fault or not, I can only guess based on what the logs say. And many times the logs don't say anything useful at all :( I don't mind looking at logs and trying to figure out what's going on, since usually there's a big error sticking out, and reading through them is much easier with the program I wrote to clean them up and split them by scene (which is linked in my signature). It makes it much, much easier to find exactly where things are going wrong ;)

I just hope that when I say another mod caused the issue, it's actually that another mod caused the issue and not me just not catching something in the logs. Lately it seems like it's actually been other mods, with KCT behaving well for once, but I'm really not sure what's going on with a few of the reports I've seen. Hopefully with NathanKell trying to clean up the Stock code we'll see fewer bugs all around, since they'll hopefully be caught "upstream".

Can i change my preset in a saved game and nothing bad will happen ?

Yep! Vessels that are being built won't update to the new formulas, only new builds will, and there might be a few other weirdnesses like that, but those will only be noticeable if you change to a very different Preset

Add it yourself! I'll gladly add it to the default list if you do it, but I'm not going to go through the process myself since I don't use DangIt and don't plan on using it any time soon. I'll gladly help if you send me the appropriate craft files as outlined in that tutorial :)

That...actually sounds like something I could do. Will bookmark that and hopefully get around to it some rainy day! :)

What if iam playing in sandbox and iam using the RP-0 preset i wanted to make the process run faster is there a thing that i can do in sandbox mode ?

The RP-0 Preset is designed by the RP-0 developers, so it'd be best to ask there. It's definitely designed for having progression and requires Career mode for proper play.

With that said, the joy of Sandbox is that you can do whatever you like, so what you could do is give yourself more upgrade points whenever you feel it would be appropriate. Just change the Starting Upgrades from "15,15,45" to something like "15,15,100" (the last number is the number of upgrades for Sandbox mode). If you wanted a sense of progression you could award yourself points when you complete tasks (first pass the Karman line, first orbit, Mun impactor, etc), or you could just set it to a number that gives you build times that you find reasonable and leave it at that. Just don't forget to actually spend the new points.

A final option would be to tweak the formulas themselves, but that's a bit more involved. If you want to do that, I can do my best to help come up with some settings that meet your needs :)