[1.4.1] Kerbal Construction Time 1.4.0.69 (2018-03-24) - Unrapid Planned Assembly

magico13

1 minute ago, T3Kaos said:

When will this be upgraded for KSP 1.1.0?

If you read the last page in the thread...

On 18/04/2016 at 8:26 AM, magico13 said:

Well, the deadline for the thesis is this Friday, so I'll probably get to fire everything up this weekend and hope to get at least a basic version up and running by Monday morning. Bug fixes will likely have to wait an extra week or two, but at the very least hopefully something will be working this weekend :)

7 minutes ago, PDelta41 said:

Why did Squad have to release 1.1 JUST in time for finals and term papers? Priorities, priorities. I think I'll go play for another 3 hours. 

Teacher-guy here. I've got exactly the same problem. NAPLAN (major exam thing that the government here insists that we inflict on kids) is a few weeks away, so I have no time at all for anything that isn't directly related to (a) my students; or (b) sleeping/eating. That's why I'm currently on here procrastinating. :D

56 minutes ago, PDelta41 said:

Why did Squad have to release 1.1 JUST in time for finals and term papers? Priorities, priorities. I think I'll go play for another 3 hours. 

This, Battlefleet Gothic, and then Stellaris around the corner. It's a space orgy and I have stuff to get accomplished :(

Edited by Silent_Thunder

On 14/04/2016 at 5:05 PM, magico13 said:

So you pay to upgrade it to level 2, then wait through the whole upgrade time (at level 1, since it's still being upgraded), and when the time has passed and it upgrades to level 2 it still remains at level 1? Or are you saying that when you pay to upgrade it doesn't immediately upgrade? Because that's normal with KCT, the upgrades take time to complete and you have to wait until that time has passed before it will be upgraded (same idea as building vessels or unlocking tech nodes). You can disable that in the settings if it's something you don't want.

The text when you try to upgrade informs you that an upgrade has been requested and then there's a new upgrade in the Tech tab being worked on. After the time is up it'll automatically upgrade the building.

I had the impression they had a level 2 pad and upgraded it to level 3 and it reverted to level 1 until it upgraded to level 3.

Just now, Noobton said:

\o/ I love news, I hope everything well with the thesis

I submitted it yesterday to the department so they could check the formatting, but all the writing is done! I finally get a chance to relax without having it weighing down on me :P 

The even better news is that KCT is loading properly and most of the basic functions are working as expected. The simulation configuration GUI isn't working for some reason so that's next on the list (even though it's being phased out I still want to provide it as an option for at least the next version). Building+launching seems to be fine at least :D

Just now, Berlin said:

Yeah it's good it's different from the way KCT did it but it's different in a good way. 

What exactly do you mean - the simulation process? I heard KRASH had some sorta simluation feature.

But isn't KRASH about krashing things? xD Im mostly asking about its deforming/leaking features.

KRASH and Kerbal Krash System are two different mods with very different features but confusingly similar names. The one normally discussed in this thread is the first one, which is a simulation mod that will be replacing KCT's simulations.

On a totally unrelated note, I'm making a pre-release available. Expect bugs. Expect saves to be broken. And expect things to change before the full release. This is literally an update to the 1.0.5 code to make it work in 1.1. No bugs have been fixed, just new ones added :wink:

Get it from GitHub and please report any bugs you find over in this thread. Note that this is not meant for normal gameplay yet. I have several changes to make in the next few days and there are going to be lots of bugs with the pre-release. By Sunday I should have an update meant for real saves. Later updates should still be compatible with this pre-release if you really want to tempt it, but no promises.

Edited by magico13

Ooooh! So these are two different mods! I got it. Sorry for getting confused here.

And thanks for the pre-release! Its a very nice mod @magico13 ! I've been using it for a while and now I can't imagine my semi-hardcore game install without KCT. (Why semi - because I'm not using DangIt! and Principia yet xD )

16 minutes ago, atomontage said:

What exactly do you mean - the simulation process? I heard KRASH had some sorta simluation feature.

But isn't KRASH about krashing things? xD Im mostly asking about its deforming/leaking features.

No K.R.A.S.H is a simulation mod.  

You are thinking of Kerbal Krash Systems.  Similar naming :/

9 hours ago, Berlin said:

Man, as I tried out kct,  I realized how much I'm going to miss your simulation feature.  KRASH is good but it's no kct sim

That's weird. I have been using KRASH for my career save for a few days and I actually like it a lot more than the KTC version. It feels more solid and polished overall. Am I missing a feature that was part of the KTC sim that isn't available in KRASH?

11 minutes ago, Three_Pounds said:

That's weird. I have been using KRASH for my career save for a few days and I actually like it a lot more than the KTC version. It feels more solid and polished overall. Am I missing a feature that was part of the KTC sim that isn't available in KRASH?

Probably not. I just like the kct simulation feature. I like Krash too.  It's well done 

I like this mod, but starting out has always frustrated me for the simple fact that of the 4 starting contracts, the two you don't accept will expire before your first ship is built. Is this the mod or did I do something wrong?

21 minutes ago, Gnoyze said:

I like this mod, but starting out has always frustrated me for the simple fact that of the 4 starting contracts, the two you don't accept will expire before your first ship is built. Is this the mod or did I do something wrong?

Those contracts actually regenerate so you won't miss out on them. Rodhern's low tech preset was designed to let you accept all four before they initially expire, but at least in 1.0.5 whichever two you don't pick will reappear after they expire (scene change probably needed).

Yo whats up @magico13 ? You know what Im talking about. :) Take your time tho. But I desperately need to know the current 1.1 upgrade status! Its so awesome to play with KCT!

Also I have a simple (I think) request: would it be possible to allow us to queue saved vehicles up to be able to build more while in flight? Thanks.

38 minutes ago, atomontage said:

Yo whats up @magico13 ? You know what Im talking about. :) Take your time tho. But I desperately need to know the current 1.1 upgrade status! Its so awesome to play with KCT!

Also I have a simple (I think) request: would it be possible to allow us to queue saved vehicles up to be able to build more while in flight? Thanks.

He has a 1.1 prerelease version out currently if you scroll up a little. It's actually right above your last post on this page. How you missed it,  I'll never know

Edited by Berlin