[1.4.1] Kerbal Construction Time 1.4.0.69 (2018-03-24) - Unrapid Planned Assembly

magico13

8 minutes ago, gunt3rgam3r said:

Hi all.  Just a quick bug report.  I am having difficulty selecting nodes on the tech tree.  When I am researching a particular node and it is not yet unlocked and I want to select the next node to begin research I am unable to click research.  I can select the node but not select the research button.  I haven't definitively pinned this down to KCT, but this is one of the few mods I have affecting the tech tree.  The community tech tree is the only other mod that I know is affecting the tech tree.

I am using the 1.3.3 pre 2 KCT release.  If anyone else has experienced it or has any suggestions let me know.

Just to help me understand, you select a tech node to research and it begins researching, then you try to select the next node that depends on the one currently being researched but you're unable to begin research on it? Or are you trying to "research" a node that is already in progress? Pictures might help clear up any confusion.

Vessel recovery...

I've reset my points and dumped it all into the SPH, leaving the VAB with almost nothing.

However, this seems to have completely wiped out my ability to recover vessels to the SPH.

I just accidentally deployed a craft without any LF on board, and it is now going to take 26 days to roll it back into the hangar!

There doesn't seem to be a formula for recovery times in the settings screen.

It looks to me like recovery time is controlled by the first VAB queue rate, but should probably also include points spent at the SPH

Edited by suicidejunkie

5 hours ago, magico13 said:

Just to help me understand, you select a tech node to research and it begins researching, then you try to select the next node that depends on the one currently being researched but you're unable to begin research on it? Or are you trying to "research" a node that is already in progress? Pictures might help clear up any confusion.

Sounds like KCT's blocking of the next node until the time till research has elapsed.  At least that's what it sounds like to me (I honestly thought there was a bug when I first tried that a loooooooong time ago haha).  I haven't had any problems with CTT and KCT together.

53 minutes ago, suicidejunkie said:

Vessel recovery...

I've reset my points and dumped it all into the SPH, leaving the VAB with almost nothing.

However, this seems to have completely wiped out my ability to recover vessels to the SPH.

I just accidentally deployed a craft without any LF on board, and it is now going to take 26 days to roll it back into the hangar!

There doesn't seem to be a formula for recovery times in the settings screen.

It looks to me like recovery time is controlled by the first VAB queue rate, but should probably also include points spent at the SPH

Did you accidentally recover it to the VAB instead of the SPH?

Looking at the code, it does appear as if it uses the VAB rates only (all of them combined). Good catch. I'll get that fixed. Btw, the reconditioning formula controls recovery. Recovery is the same as rollout in terms of BP. Unfortunately that's the formula with the most complicated setup since 4 formulas are contained in the one (rollout, rollback, reconditioning, and recovery).

1 hour ago, magico13 said:

Did you accidentally recover it to the VAB instead of the SPH?

Looking at the code, it does appear as if it uses the VAB rates only (all of them combined). Good catch. I'll get that fixed. Btw, the reconditioning formula controls recovery. Recovery is the same as rollout in terms of BP. Unfortunately that's the formula with the most complicated setup since 4 formulas are contained in the one (rollout, rollback, reconditioning, and recovery).

I think it would be nice to have distance from KSC to be a key factor in recovery time.  Moving a ship back to the hangar over the local roads, vs dragging the same ship over the hills and through the desert for example.  Being able to get a 100% refund at the cost of time perhaps.

On an unrelated note, I also seem to have gotten myself stuck funds wise...

I have a $250k ship that is missing fuel, and $10k in the bank.   I cannot save an edit in which I add $5k worth of fuel, because I don't have $255k available in my account.

:D It is like a Nigerian Prince scam; send me a quarter million first, and then get the big refund promised :D

I guess I have to build a cheap tanker and fill up with the $5k of LF manually using KAS hoses, or hack a temporary SFS loan.

When I load parts in either editor, the build time gauge fails to update, it only ever reads 0. The build time will update after a KCT simulation, but the UI then fails to work after the vessel is reverted back to the spaceplane hanger.

2 hours ago, MinimumSky5 said:

When I load parts in either editor, the build time gauge fails to update, it only ever reads 0. The build time will update after a KCT simulation, but the UI then fails to work after the vessel is reverted back to the spaceplane hanger.

Make sure you're using the latest pre-release for KCT and if you're running StageRecovery then definitely make sure you're on the latest one. It sounds a little like an out of sate StageRecovery.

If you're on the latest versions then I'll need logs. Check toward the bottom of the first post for the proper bug report method and the log location.

8 hours ago, atomontage said:

Yeah KCT is absolutely ok with 1.1.1 (played for several hours). Thanks.

Does @magico13 agree with this?

And speaking of, I see references within the last few pages of prereleases and community fixes.  I run CKAN, and I try to run exclusively CKAN where possible.  I backed up my old KSP and am building a new modset from a virgin copy of v1.1.1. CKAN's default behavior is to rather strictly enforce version mismatches, and my experience leads me to rather prefer it that way, though I know I can manually override and tell it to install whatever version of the mod that I want.

Sir, your mods here are all currently CKAN-keyed to v1.0.5.  Is this intentional?  I'm not asking when an update might be out, but I guess I kinda sort of am asking if one is in the pipeline for them at all.  I run them all except Field Experience and Tree Toppler, and they're all superb mods that I consider must-haves and I really think they bring this game closer to what the stock game should be.

Also, I'm reading up on KRASH -- how does that mod differ from KCT, or interact with it?

The latest prerelease should work fine with 1.1.1. As for CKAN, it'll be updated when I do a full release, which will probably be tomorrow since I'm going to be out of town today. I have to update the netkan files for a majority of my mods.

Edited by magico13

2 hours ago, magico13 said:

The latest prerelease should work fine with 1.1.1. As for CKAN, it'll be updated when I do a full release, which will probably be tomorrow since I'm going to be out of town today. I have to update the netkan files for a majority of my mods.

Haha and then 1.1.2 came out. Unfortunately KCT window does not work now.

The log reads:

[EXC 16:58:03.500] MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'PopupDialog.SpawnPopupDialog'.
    UnityEngine.GUILayout+LayoutedWindow.DoWindow (Int32 windowID)
    UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.WindowFunction func, Int32 id, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, Int32 forceRect, Single width, Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style)

Happens when I hover over the KCT button in the space center.

Thanks as always.

1 hour ago, atomontage said:

The log reads:

[EXC 16:58:03.500] MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'PopupDialog.SpawnPopupDialog'.
    UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.WindowFunction func, Int32 id, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, Int32 forceRect, Single width, Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style)

Thanks as always.

Happened to me too.

3 hours ago, atomontage said:

The log reads:

Thanks as always.

I have this problem too. Delaying my Kerbal activities until the next update. :/

New pre-release available. It's a recompile for 1.1.2 and seems like it takes care of the new bug. Assuming no further issues with it, I'm going to make some additional tweaks and likely make the full release tomorrow evening.

Edit: Tagged the wrong branch. Look for pre-3 a little lower down. The .zip is right but the code is not. I'm working on fixing it.

Edit2: Fixed.

Edited by magico13

6 hours ago, yanzco said:

thank you magico13 :)

i envy you guys who have passion to coding and hardcore modding.. :D

Second that.

Thanks for the quick update.  As others have said, and I think I have also, I cannot play the game without this mod - instantly building rockets just seems ridiculous.

On 2016-04-28 at 0:54 PM, severedsolo said:

I did have it, when I was using the community update of StageRecovery. Once I updated to magico13's official pre-release that fixed it.

Yep, that fixed it. Thanks for pointing it out, I missed that update.

I got this problem with the newest version of KCT (for 1.1.2)

pwz039f.jpg

I also cannot launch any rockets (which I'm assuming is related to this issue because it began happening when I first started using the newest KCT update)

What log says about KCT:

InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object
  at System.Linq.Enumerable.Single[Type] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 predicate, Fallback fallback) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at System.Linq.Enumerable.SingleOrDefault[Type] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 predicate) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at KerbalConstructionTime.ToolbarTypes.getType (System.String name) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at KerbalConstructionTime.ToolbarManager.get_Instance () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at KerbalConstructionTime.ToolbarManager.get_ToolbarAvailable () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at KerbalConstructionTime.KCT_GUI.SetGUIPositions (UnityEngine.WindowFunction OnWindow) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at KerbalConstructionTime.KerbalConstructionTime.OnDraw () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at KerbalConstructionTime.KerbalConstructionTime.OnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Edited by Arditan427