magico13

[1.4.1] Kerbal Construction Time 1.4.0.69 (2018-03-24) - Unrapid Planned Assembly

Recommended Posts

Possible bug?  I am unable to revert flights.  I hit Escape during a flight, and the normal pause menu appears.  Hovering over the "Revert flight" button highlights it; clicking on it causes that menu to disappear, but no other menu appears and the game remains paused.  Hitting Escape again resumes the flight.  Anyone know what's going on?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

yesterday I've noticed, that my  KCT window in the VAB disappeared. Dunno when it happened, dunno why. While I can build new rockets without any problems, I'm locked in in the VAB, if I try to edit a vessel (this is how I noticed, that the window did disappear), because the buttons in the upper right corner are blocked. Clicking the KCT button in the VAB doesn't do anything. Anyone else encountered this problem? I can provide provide the neccessary log files, if someone tells me, which one are needed.

 

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have this problem on science mode where I have 'Upgrades from tech tree' turned on and I get a message saying I got an upgrade point but I haven't received it, any solutions?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why is simulation disabled on default?

I find simulation important as it's my final check to see if I forgot to properly to do staging, etc. Without it, it's too long of a wait IRL time.

Edited by DrPastah

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I'm playing career mode (moderate difficulty, loads of mods, 1.1.3). I made enough money to upgrade the VAB because the mass and size restrictions were holding me back. The model of the building changed, and the right click box tells me the upgrades should have applied (max parts now 255 etc) but i can't launch anything bigger than the basic VAB allows. 

I also changed the save file to upgrade the building fully, in case it was just the middle stage that had this problem. But even at the highest level I can't build anything bigger than the basic VAB.

I'm using kerbal construction time, this might be involved? As it makes upgrades to buildings take time. But that time has passed and nothing has changed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, harleyquinneth said:

So I'm playing career mode (moderate difficulty, loads of mods, 1.1.3). I made enough money to upgrade the VAB because the mass and size restrictions were holding me back. The model of the building changed, and the right click box tells me the upgrades should have applied (max parts now 255 etc) but i can't launch anything bigger than the basic VAB allows.

I also changed the save file to upgrade the building fully, in case it was just the middle stage that had this problem. But even at the highest level I can't build anything bigger than the basic VAB.

I'm using kerbal construction time, this might be involved? As it makes upgrades to buildings take time. But that time has passed and nothing has changed.

That sounds like a bug.  Building upgrades with KCT aren't supposed to update the building model and listed stats until the upgrade is complete.

No clue what would cause that, tho.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SilverlightPony said:

That sounds like a bug.  Building upgrades with KCT aren't supposed to update the building model and listed stats until the upgrade is complete.

No clue what would cause that, tho.

 

Ah, my bad worded it wrong. The upgrade did complete. then the model changed, but no difference in function. And like I said i even changed it in the save file, so the model is the fully upgraded one, but the functions are still of the basic one

WEEEEEELLLLL don't i feel like a right moron! Didn't upgrade the launch pad!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2.8.2016 at 11:42 AM, Friedrich Nietzsche said:

Hi,

yesterday I've noticed, that my  KCT window in the VAB disappeared. Dunno when it happened, dunno why. While I can build new rockets without any problems, I'm locked in in the VAB, if I try to edit a vessel (this is how I noticed, that the window did disappear), because the buttons in the upper right corner are blocked. Clicking the KCT button in the VAB doesn't do anything. Anyone else encountered this problem? I can provide provide the neccessary log files, if someone tells me, which one are needed.

 

Thanks!

Nevermind.

 

Normally I play on a system with a 1440p-Display. During my vacation I had to play on a 1080p notebook, for which I had to lower the resolution of the game. The Window apparently was always there, but due to the fact, that it has kept its positon from the 1440p-screen, outside of the screen. Now, back to my regular system, everything is fine again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/5/2016 at 8:49 PM, DrPastah said:

Why is simulation disabled on default?

I find simulation important as it's my final check to see if I forgot to properly to do staging, etc. Without it, it's too long of a wait IRL time.

Because the simulation part is being replaced by the standalone simulator KRASH.  It's left in there for now, but may be removed in the future.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love the mod!  

Currently I use the NoUpgrades settings with some minor tweaks.

i was wondering if you have any plans to implement a vessel recovery time after a mission?

i was thinking something like 10km from KSC per hour (user configurable), during which time Kerbonaut, vessel and stored science are not recovered until it's back at KSC.  Perhaps upgrades to the Administration building and Spaceplane hangar could speed up recovery time.

Anyway, great mod, really like how it makes the game feel like I'm accomplishing something over time, and requires me to plan ahead!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, hab136 said:

Because the simulation part is being replaced by the standalone simulator KRASH.  It's left in there for now, but may be removed in the future.

Just tried KRASH. The UI is incredibly buggy, it kept breaking the game where I had to restart.

Edit: However, I was unable to reproduce the problems after the modder asked me to.

Edited by DrPastah

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't put points into Build Rate 2 with the RP-0 preset. Is this intended behavior? Am I missing some requirements to do so?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ebigunso said:

I can't put points into Build Rate 2 with the RP-0 preset. Is this intended behavior? Am I missing some requirements to do so?

BR2 cannot be equal to or greater than BR1.  Furthermore, I think the number of build slots you can have is dependent on the upgrade level of the building in question  (VAB or SPH).  Dunno how RP-0 affects that tho.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

KCT seems to have spontaneously removed itself from my career mode game. Works fine in another game I loaded (sandbox). But the icons for it don't appear in either the VAB or the main screen viewing the KSC. KRASH is still there. But now vessles launch instantly. Used CKAN to uninstall and reinstall, Same thing.

Thanks in advance

UPDATE: loaded a different career mode, seems to work fine there. Went back to my main game and the icon for KCT is back, in all the places it should be. But clicking it does nothing, no window pops up like usual, and KCT's features are still inactive. vessels build like stock and upgrading buildings takes no time

Edited by harleyquinneth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bug report: parts inventory, some of my parts have ridiculously huge number available and/or in use. 

For me, the parts with bugged inventory currently are:

Procedural Fuel Tank (from Procedural Parts)

Conic Fuselage Fairing (from Procedural Fairings)

 Interstage Fairing Adapter (Procedural Fairings)

 AE-FF2 Airstream Protective Shell (stock)

RealChute Stack Chute 

Mk-16 Parachute (stock, but modified by RealChute)

Mk-2R Parachute (stock, modified by RealChute)

So the issue appears to affect tweakable parts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got a small logistics question which makes me uneasy. The question is... Can't you just build crafts and recover them and farm science in that manner? Especially if the craft is very... very large... I haven't been using this too long so I don't know if there is a preventive measure or a actual downside.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, EvWoN said:

I got a small logistics question which makes me uneasy. The question is... Can't you just build crafts and recover them and farm science in that manner? Especially if the craft is very... very large... I haven't been using this too long so I don't know if there is a preventive measure or a actual downside.

It's possible to do it, if you set out to do it. 

If you don't want to do it, it won't happen. 

If someone else does it, it has no effect at all on your game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, EvWoN said:

I got a small logistics question which makes me uneasy. The question is... Can't you just build crafts and recover them and farm science in that manner? Especially if the craft is very... very large... I haven't been using this too long so I don't know if there is a preventive measure or a actual downside.

Downside = funds.

Of course, you can adjust that too, but inherently building ships costs funds, so unless you are building craft that complete missions which yield funds (or have other sources of funds) then the finite availability of funds will act as a deterrent on spam building otherwise useless craft for science farming.

Re: several recent posts that have observed apparently buggy behavior (KCT seemingly disappearing, but a couple of the other ones too). I don't think I've observed KCT disappearing, but I have observed weird things like: click the science tab in Space Center, screen flashes, and I'm now "in" the science section, but the screen does not change to science pane, it stays in the Space Center. Moving the mouse around causes the tech nodes of the science pane to flicker in and out but not enough to manipulate it. Similar thing in VAB, sometimes (for reasons that remain cryptic) the menu bar, the parts tab, etc., will just flicker out ("disappear" from view). Moving mouse causes them to come back, and it is workable but not ideal.

A reboot of the game (from launcher not from main menu) "fixes" this.

I do not know that this is an issue with KCT, but it seems like a possibility and it is remotely similar to some of the other issues described. Given KCT "exerts control" over the appearance of the Launchpad pane (and the behavior with the things flickering in and out closely resembles that which occurs when one clicks on the Launchpad tab, it flickers briefly into existence, and then the KCT control panel appears) it seems that some of the code in KCT might be underlying this transient bug. I have not found it to be game breaking, and a reboot always fixes it, so I've been lazy on trying to debug it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/24/2016 at 6:56 AM, Diche Bach said:

Downside = funds.

Of course, you can adjust that too, but inherently building ships costs funds, so unless you are building craft that complete missions which yield funds (or have other sources of funds) then the finite availability of funds will act as a deterrent on spam building otherwise useless craft for science farming.

 

On 8/24/2016 at 6:34 AM, Torgo said:

It's possible to do it, if you set out to do it. 

If you don't want to do it, it won't happen. 

If someone else does it, it has no effect at all on your game. 

Funds is only a issue if you dont scrap the last project? right? Dont you get a full refund? Im a bit picky about this (but just out of curiosity really, dont care that much). I play my careers on HARD (no save or reverts, just sims) and KERBALISM and KCT and REMOTE TECH so getting free science can be a problem after building a HUGE craft that had a flaw or missing part and getting lots of science off that. Its not a deal breaker just wondering if that can happen. I dont want to be tempted into sin if I need a few more points to get the parts for that one epic mission instead of working for it. :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, EvWoN said:

 

Funds is only a issue if you dont scrap the last project? right? Dont you get a full refund? ... getting free science can be a problem after building a HUGE craft that had a flaw or missing part ...

Hi EvWon.

Yes you can farm science that way.

It can be kind of nice if you feel stuck for a while. I think of it as if they are building nothing useful in those big assembly halls (VAB + SPH) then at least they spend their time becoming better at assembly (KCT build part experience) and discover better tech (science points).

Please notice that you can adjust how much science is earned by changing the "ResearchFormula".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got an error saying that KCT couldn't load the its configuration file and that I should post my log here.

Here's the log (at 3.7GB, none of my text editors will open it):
~wrong log, had to remove from dropbox to upload other logs~

I'm assuming that my install is irreparable, but I'll keep it around for a bit in case someone wants more info from it.
I'm further assuming that the cause of KCT/KSP breaking is that I successfully modded KSP until it broke, so I'm just posting this in case it proves useful to the mod makers.

Edited by RubyPorto
Removing Dead Link

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wrong log :) you posted KSP.log. For troubleshooting an error output_log.txt is the one needed. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.