Would anyone like a plugin made?

FiresThatBurn

I have an idea that I was going to make, but I'm busy with other projects ATM. An in game measuring tool. Something that can be toggled on and off in the VAB/SPH that will put a bounding box around the model with a read out of size in meters. Additionally, I was thinking about having a feature to save measurements that could then be displayed later in other model. Example of usage.

Build rocket, but radial docking port. Toggle on measuring tool to see the measurements. Build another rocket, toggle on measuring tool, then precisely line up second docking port on new rocket to match the measurements of the first model. Alternately, save and display highlighted part ("ghosted") on new rocket from save.

Just an idea.

I have something you may try (I know it's a part module, so if you don't want to either think about it, it's ok :) ), a module which inherit (maybe) ModuleEngines and use a new curve which would be like atmosphereCurve, but which will really be an altitudeCurve with a true meaning of vacuum = far from body's surface, ground/in atmosphere = where at least any gas pressure > 0.00000... (0 or a minimum to set).

I use any gas, to be used in every situation: breathable air like on Earth (not kerbin maybe as kerbals still hold suits), destructive as Venus, thin as Mars, or various like gas giants.

So such engine may work or not depending on the environment with a consistent behaviour, as atmosphereCurve is flawed in its very own definition (unofficial by the way), "vacuum" = low gas pressure so "sea" level on Duna = vacuum whereas chutes works and air drag there :huh:

Why ? I have made some electro-magnetic propelled engines and really would have them to work only on high altitude, kind of hypothetical engine which use body's magnetic field to work (inspired by the story Gradisil by Adam Roberts). It's of course not very "realistic" or accurate as at least Earth magnetic field intensity didn't depend on altitude only but it would be too complicated to make anything else.

@Javster: AG sound when triggered is a nice idea, I like it.

Actually, I was just coming here wondering if anyone has made an intergrade aero-braking calculator, so that would be great!

Found a website that does the math here:http://alterbaron.github.io/ksp_aerocalc/

If someone could make a plugin that grabs the proper data from the game while you're in-bound for a planet's atmosphere and automatically calculates your exit path (at least your apoappsis, however its spelled, but a full blown in-game path similar to during SOI changes would be great!)

I was wondering if someone could make a mod where there is a toggle-able button which will keep your current pitch/roll/yaw arrow where it is. This would be mostly helpful for planes. I thought of this today when I was testing a new plane design that when at high cruising altitude (17km-23km) the nose would keep pitching down and I had to repeatedly tap the 's' key to keep it up. Anything along this likes of this would be great!

I was wondering if someone could make a mod where there is a toggle-able button which will keep your current pitch/roll/yaw arrow where it is. This would be mostly helpful for planes. I thought of this today when I was testing a new plane design that when at high cruising altitude (17km-23km) the nose would keep pitching down and I had to repeatedly tap the 's' key to keep it up. Anything along this likes of this would be great!

wish granted! http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/91655-0-24-2-TAC-Sticky-Controls-v0-1-23Aug

Doesnt SAS already do that?

A Editor to add new categories-tabs on VAB/SPH. Parts can be moved to any category-tab.

I want something very related to this: Part variants, more or less rightclicking on a part, then it gives you a list of a bunch of variants, which is to say, every part with the same model, and these would be otherwise hidden from the part list.

Another idea, though likely too big of a project for you to want to try, a module manager replacement/addon with variables and math. Something like this would make things like RealFuels way better, as you could make configs that generate themselves based on the part they're adapting and and values given for balance. For something like this, an external program for generating module manager files might be an easier thing to make, though that's was still hard enough to give up when i tried.

I had an idea for a plug-in:

Once you have completed the main campaign in KSP and have develop the kerbals into a space fairing society, I feel there could be a wider game of managing the system as a whole; moving ships, and cargo around the solar system. To micro-manage you would need to move ships around without having to fly each and every one of them, and therefore, the ability to automatically transport ships is needed, and a kind-of manager window to keep a record of these movements.

Details of the automatic transfer mechanic:

To make a particular transfer available, you would need to 'prove' that the move is possible by doing the transfer yourself in-game with the particular ship first. The plug-in would also use your journey to set the start and end location and the duration-time possible for that ship. Once proved, you could schedule a transfer provided you had the ship available at the start location. Example of a transfer could be: [ship 1] from a [100km-orbit around Body A] to [200km-orbit around Body B] to start in [14 minutes]. The automatic transfer would remove the ship's physical model from the Universe while it was in transit, and then place it in its destination orbit once the transit time has elapsed (in this way the plug-in wouldn't actually manually move a ship like a player would).

Edited by Revan12200

I had an idea for a plug-in:

Once you have completed the main campaign in KSP and have develop the kerbals into a space fairing society, I feel there could be a wider game of managing the system as a whole; moving ships, and cargo around the solar system. To micro-manage you would need to move ships around without having to fly each and every one of them, and therefore, the ability to automatically transport ships is needed, and a kind-of manager window to keep a record of these movements.

Details of the automatic transfer mechanic:

To make a particular transfer available, you would need to 'prove' that the move is possible by doing the transfer yourself in-game with the particular ship first. The plug-in would also use your journey to set the start and end location and the duration-time possible for that ship. Once proved, you could schedule a transfer provided you had the ship available at the start location. Example of a transfer could be: [ship 1] from a [100km-orbit around Body A] to [200km-orbit around Body B] to start in [14 minutes]. The automatic transfer would remove the ship's physical model from the Universe while it was in transit, and then place it in its destination orbit once the transit time has elapsed (in this way the plug-in wouldn't actually manually move a ship like a player would).

Brilliant. Ive got to much stuff on my hands. I'm probably goin to get to yours last. I have 3 mods. 2 big, 1 small. So thanks!

I want something very related to this: Part variants, more or less rightclicking on a part, then it gives you a list of a bunch of variants, which is to say, every part with the same model, and these would be otherwise hidden from the part list.

Wish granted!

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/88366-0-24-2-JSIPartUtilities-a-mishmash-of-clever-things-to-do-with-parts

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.