[0.24.2]MapResourceOverlay for Science,Karbonite/MKS and biomes VERSION 0.2.7

Cyrik

Cyrik,

It has been brought to my attention by a moderator that you have some code that is copied straight out of my projects. I have looked it over and am perfectly fine with what you did, but you are not technically in compliance with my license.

Specifically, my license, CC BY-NC-SA, requires:

• Attribution which means that you should have mentioned in the OP and in your license or readme file that you include code written by me.
  • Share Alike which means you are not supposed to include it in a project that is licensed under different terms. The MIT license, while similar, is missing the Share Alike requirement (which like GPL, is viral). Having said that, I am fine with the MIT license and I am specifically granting you an exception so that you are free to continue using my work without changing your license.

TL;DR You are fine to keep using my work as-is if you add the missing Attribution. That will bring you in compliance with my license, with the exception for the Share Alike clause.

You should mention the above and/or link to this post from the OP so that the moderators know that I am okay with it.

Cyrik,

It has been brought to my attention by a moderator that you have some code that is copied straight out of my projects. I have looked it over and am perfectly fine with what you did, but you are not technically in compliance with my license.

Specifically, my license, CC BY-NC-SA, requires:

• Attribution which means that you should have mentioned in the OP and in your license or readme file that you include code written by me.
  • Share Alike which means you are not supposed to include it in a project that is licensed under different terms. The MIT license, while similar, is missing the Share Alike requirement (which like GPL, is viral). Having said that, I am fine with the MIT license and I am specifically granting you an exception so that you are free to continue using my work without changing your license.

TL;DR You are fine to keep using my work as-is if you add the missing Attribution. That will bring you in compliance with my license, with the exception for the Share Alike clause.

You should mention the above and/or link to this post from the OP so that the moderators know that I am okay with it.

Hey,

I´m sorry I didn't get back to you earlier.

I had thought I already included a license file for the class I took from you. I´m sorry I forgot about that:(

I still have your license in the Window.cs class I included and I will include your License file in the next release as soon as I have a minute off work.

Sorry again guys

Any eta on when a download is available again

I will try to get it done tomorrow. I´m stupidly busy with work right now. Might also have to change the license from MIT to CC or GPL for a version or two:(

Ok, the links are back up and the licensing issues should be resolved, I hope.

There were no changes in the new version since my laptop can't run the game and I'll have to wait till the next weekend to have access to my pc again.

You have copy-pasted the Github viewer source code instead of the license text...

Please include just the license text, preferably as a comment in the relevant files. As it is, someone who wishes to use a piece of your code will not know which licenses it's covered by. Using a comment clears up that ambiguity.

You have copy-pasted the Github viewer source code instead of the license text...

Please include just the license text, preferably as a comment in the relevant files. As it is, someone who wishes to use a piece of your code will not know which licenses it's covered by. Using a comment clears up that ambiguity.

You are right, apparently I'm to tired to think straight:(

I also added your license text as a comment to the shader file. The readme on github and the first post here already have information on the files that were not written by me.

I hope the changes are fine with you. Sorry for being a bit dumb today.

I uploaded a new version that has the correct license.

Here are two things from me again :)

- If you are on the Launchpad you can see the overlay "above" you. A possible fix is mabye to disable the overlay if you are landed like

If (Vessel.isLanded == true) {Overlay.disable} //No real code of couse ^^

or to disable it if your alt. is under the min. alt. for seeing the overlay since as you said it is sadly not possible to change the overlay to be persisant regardless of the alt. like

If (Vessel.alt <= Overlay.minAlt) {Overlay.disable}.

Here is a Screenshot what I mean:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/30637586/KSPForum/launch.jpg

Hi. I just started using this, and due to some other issue I'm on a brand new game start. But I noticed this same issue, but once I go into the resource overlay settings and enable scan sat this purple haze does disappear. Now it's a new game so I haven't scanned anything yet, so I don't know if it returns once you've done some scan sat scanning. Just wanted to offer my experience up for what ever it's worth in helping things along.

Hi. I just started using this, and due to some other issue I'm on a brand new game start. But I noticed this same issue, but once I go into the resource overlay settings and enable scan sat this purple haze does disappear. Now it's a new game so I haven't scanned anything yet, so I don't know if it returns once you've done some scan sat scanning. Just wanted to offer my experience up for what ever it's worth in helping things along.

Toggle the overlay off then when in space toggle back on.

EDIT- It's a click of a button if you don't won't to see it.

Edited by Mecripp2

Toggle the overlay off then when in space toggle back on.

I don't understand the point you are making, but I'm not saying anything isn't working. The op that I quoted brought up an issue of the purplish haze on the horizon when you have a rocket sitting on the launch pad.

All I'm saying is that when you enable scant sat in the options this purple haze goes away. Maybe it comes back wheni have scanned something with scan sat, but I'm hoping not. As it is rather distracting personally.

I'm not saying anything is working or not working at all. Just adding some info that may or may not help in regards to the issue that was brought up by gh7531

the post with pic is on page 6

My Bad he also talked about hear http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/92393-0-24-2-MapResourceOverlay-for-Science-Karbonite-MKS-and-biomes-VERSION-0-2?p=1386237&viewfull=1#post1386237 and didn't mean for it to come out in a bad way.

EDIT- Guess, I should have put a Giggle in there when, I first type that.

Edited by Mecripp2

My Bad he also talked about hear http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/92393-0-24-2-MapResourceOverlay-for-Science-Karbonite-MKS-and-biomes-VERSION-0-2?p=1386237&viewfull=1#post1386237 and didn't mean for it to come out in a bad way.

EDIT- Guess, I should have put a Giggle in there when, I first type that.

If if that's to me, I didn't take it a bad way, I just didn't understand what you were getting at, so I'm sorry if mine came out in a bad way too.

I had had just installed this mod and a few others and also had to start a new game. And noticed that what I did solved the problem, though I get from your edited first post that it was just temporary and once I do some scan sat that purple haze on the horizon will come back? So if I don't want to see it just toggle on and and off?

Its all good though. Nothing taken bad. Just not familiar with mod yet and what you were saying is all.

If if that's to me, I didn't take it a bad way, I just didn't understand what you were getting at, so I'm sorry if mine came out in a bad way too.

I had had just installed this mod and a few others and also had to start a new game. And noticed that what I did solved the problem, though I get from your edited first post that it was just temporary and once I do some scan sat that purple haze on the horizon will come back? So if I don't want to see it just toggle on and and off?

Its all good though. Nothing taken bad. Just not familiar with mod yet and what you were saying is all.

The stuff on the horizon will come back once you scan the planet. Scansat on/off is just the integration. I should give the button a better name. If you turn it on you only get the overlay at the spots you already scanned, which is why you don't see it right now.

I will try to fix that in the next version. Until then you will have to enable/disable the overlay when you are blow it, at least if that bothers you.

Also, the 2.4 version works on linux. Somewhere in your 2.5 code you are trying to save to /PluginData rather than a relative path.

I'm looking everywhere for this path, haven't found it yet. But I sent a PR for the ORS-X change and to fix the access violation.

Edited by marce

I'm looking everywhere for this path, haven't found it yet. But I sent a PR for the ORS-X change and to fix the access violation.

PR merged, thank you! It would have taken me forever to find that bug without a debugger. How did you manage to find it?

PR merged, thank you! It would have taken me forever to find that bug without a debugger. How did you manage to find it?

To be honest: it took me forever, about an hour :wink:

I started looking through your commits since 2.4 which reportedly worked. Then I stared at these changes since nowhere in the project was a "/PluginData" path. And suddenly I realized that ResourceOverlay was nowhere in your project and then I got it pretty fast :cool:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.