[0.24.2]MapResourceOverlay for Science,Karbonite/MKS and biomes VERSION 0.2.7

Cyrik

Hi. I had this mod suggested to me to extend ScanSAT usability but it doesn't seem to fully work for me when trying to view anomalies.

Example:

screenshot0.png

screenshot1.png

Does anyone know of any mod incompatibilities or anything that MIGHT be getting in the way on this list?

000_Toolbar
ActiveTextureManagement
AdvancedAnimator
AviationLights
BahamutoD
BahaSP
BoulderCo
DeadlyReentry
DMagic Orbital Science
EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements
EVAPowerPack
Firespitter
HabitatPack
Hyomoto
JSI
KAS
KerbalJointReinforcement
Klockheed_Martian
KronalUtils
KSO
MagicSmokeIndustries
MapResourceOverlay
MarkIVSystem
ModuleManager.2.5.1.dll
NASAmission
OLDD
PartCatalog
PlanetShine
ProceduralDynamics
ProceduralFairings
PWBFuelBalancer
RCSBuildAid
RetroFuture
RKMk2
RollKage 1.1
RoutineMissionManager
SCANsat
SelectRoot
SmokeScreen
Squad
ToadicusTools
toolbar-settings.dat
Trajectories
TriggerTech
TweakScale
VOID

I have a few. Heh.

I run with a lot of mods and see the anomaly overlay just fine, so I can help narrow own the list. Of your list, I don't use the following:

EVAPowerPack
HabitatPack
Hyomoto
Klockheed_Martian
KronalUtils
KSO
MarkIVSystem
OLDD
PWBFuelBalancer
RetroFuture
RKMk2
RollKage
RoutineMissionManager
SmokeScreen
VOID

It isn't necessarily any of these, but I'd start with them, especially the ones which haven't been updated in a few versions. I also know that Kronal Vessel Viewer in particular causes a few strange graphics issues, like shadows being visible through parts (I used to use it, and this is why I don't anymore), so that's the number 1 suspect in my mind. (I read some advice somewhere to install KVV only for taking blueprints in the editor, and then restart KSP without it before proceeding to flight.)

Oh damn! So THAT'S What's causing those shadows! Thanks! Been drivin' me nuts. Yarr! I'll try removing it for sure. Thank-you for the trouble!

Edit: that was the one! nailed it first time. Have a cookie!

Edited by SmiteZero

Oh damn! So THAT'S What's causing those shadows! Thanks! Been drivin' me nuts. Yarr! I'll try removing it for sure. Thank-you for the trouble!

Was driving me nuts too! Don't know if it's being updated anymore, but hopefully it gets ironed out.

• 5 weeks later...

I'm a huge fan of this mod, and since 0.90 came out I've been watching this thread for an update. In the meantime, I've been tinkering with the source and I got biomes working again by updating with some of the latest ScanSat changes. I'm not releasing this into the wild because stock does biome display now (debug menu) so there is no real need. I'm going to try to get resources working again (with Regolith) next.

My plan (once I get a bit of breathing room) will be to look at this if Cyrik does not and swap this over to work with Regolith (should be a very easy patch as the API call is almost exactly the same as the one used to ping ORSX).

Dunno if you read a page back, but it looks like someone else is mucking with it. Maybe he could help.

Ahh - even better - saves me the trouble :)

@RoverDude, I plugged Regolith into the overlay and fixed up the biomes for 0.90. It works in a manner of speaking. I've got to go in and get rid of the "ppm" scale and shift to a percent based approach consistent with Regolith.

So I got everything working reasonably well now with 0.90 and Regolith. RoverDude, I got tricked because accessing Regolith was actually one less layer than ORSX and easier that I thought it would be. I'm a big fan!

I see there is a new Regolith version as well to test, and I need to check ScanSat integration as well.

My intent was to just put up a 0.90 fix until Cyrik comes back. If someone else wants this one they are more than welcome, I can put in pull requests on all my changes.

OK folks, I have a release that should get biomes working in 0.90 and hooks into Regolith. I've tested in KSP 32-bit on windows. Scansat integration* and resource detection appear to be working. Please note I'm just keeping the lights on for Cyrik right now. I'm new to this, so I'd appreciate input from those more experienced. A new thread may be in order but I wanted to get this out.

*Tested with dev version of Scansat with Regolith support. I did not test with the release version.

Thanks to Cyrik for writing a mod some awesome I had to update it for 0.90. I did the 0.90 updates and added Regolith support, everything else is Cyrik except as noted below.

Changes include:

Update Biome code to 0.90

Update to call Regolith libraries

Resource ppm terminology changed to percent

Removed MiniAVC for now

Distribution:

Release <--- Download link here

Source

CC BY SA License

Window.cs and parts of Utilities.cs by TaranisElsu. Original found at:https://github.com/taraniselsu/TacLifeSupport

Part of the Tooltip calculation code by the MechJeb team. Original found at: https://github.com/MuMech/MechJeb2

Shader.txt derived from Majir's Kethane. Original found at: https://github.com/Majiir/Kethane

Part of the ScansatWrapper.cs by the SCANSat team. Original found at: https://github.com/S-C-A-N/SCANsat

Awesome update thanks atomicfury!

I don't know if this is beyond what you want to do with this mod, but I did notice one thing. I wouldn't necessarily call it a "bug". It seems to show atmospheric karbonite when present rather than crustal. For example when I look at Kerbin, then entire planet is covered in a solid red for karbonite rather than per biome.

Awesome update thanks atomicfury!

I don't know if this is beyond what you want to do with this mod, but I did notice one thing. I wouldn't necessarily call it a "bug". It seems to show atmospheric karbonite when present rather than crustal. For example when I look at Kerbin, then entire planet is covered in a solid red for karbonite rather than per biome.

Ha! I saw the same thing in testing. It made me think of the Ur-Quan slave shield in Star Control 2. Anyway, hop over to the Mun or Minmus for a more interesting map. I set it up to read resource type 0, which is defined as crustal in the community resource pack and Regolith. I thought I had a bug and then I looked into Karbonite.cfg in the CRP, which defines a very flat distribution for crustal Karbonite on Kerbin:

REGOLITH_PLANETARY_RESOURCE
{
ResourceName = Karbonite
ResourceType = 0
PlanetName = Kerbin

Distribution
{
PresenceChance = 100
MinAbundance = 1
MaxAbundance = 1
Variance = 10
}
}

After the holidays I want to start tinkering with some display options and such.

Ha! I saw the same thing in testing. It made me think of the Ur-Quan slave shield in Star Control 2. Anyway, hop over to the Mun or Minmus for a more interesting map. I set it up to read resource type 0, which is defined as crustal in the community resource pack and Regolith. I thought I had a bug and then I looked into Karbonite.cfg in the CRP, which defines a very flat distribution for crustal Karbonite on Kerbin:

REGOLITH_PLANETARY_RESOURCE
{
ResourceName = Karbonite
ResourceType = 0
PlanetName = Kerbin

Distribution
{
PresenceChance = 100
MinAbundance = 1
MaxAbundance = 1
Variance = 10
}
}

After the holidays I want to start tinkering with some display options and such.

Cool.

Yea my Mun and minmus overlays look SWEET. thanks so much again for patching this up.

[edit]

Sure you are aware but adding Uranite would be awesome too.

Edited by goldenpsp

I haven't scanned a thing yet and the overlay has some black (or lime green if color is on) speckles on Minmus, no matter what I put in the percentages for any item. In another save, where I've done some scanning just to test, putting numbers into Karbonite shows concentrations with a floor of whatever percentage I put.

What are those black specks in my non-scanned save?

I haven't scanned a thing yet and the overlay has some black (or lime green if color is on) speckles on Minmus, no matter what I put in the percentages for any item. In another save, where I've done some scanning just to test, putting numbers into Karbonite shows concentrations with a floor of whatever percentage I put.

What are those black specks in my non-scanned save?

I could take a look and see what's causing it if you could dig the Regolith seed out of your savegame file. I'm also not 100% sure the scansat integration is working. I only looked briefly while testing.

Looks like this:

SCENARIO
{
name = RegolithScenario
scene = 5, 7, 6
RegolithGameSettings
{
GameSeed = 1928129904
}

I could take a look and see what's causing it if you could dig the Regolith seed out of your savegame file. I'm also not 100% sure the scansat integration is working. I only looked briefly while testing.

SCENARIO
{
name = RegolithScenario
scene = 5, 7, 6
RegolithGameSettings
{
GameSeed = 2045543039
}
}

Note I'm not using ScanSat. I DID have it installed but never launched anything with a ScanSat device on it. I then uninstalled it and just looked at the map now. The scanning I was talking about was using the Karbonite scanner (I don't know the name, it's the one that has the little rotating thing on the top that traces a figure-8 pattern).

In the non-scansat mode, the overlay should be complete from the very beginning. With that seed, here is what I see at Minmus and no cutoff. I see some black spots, which appear to be localized areas with lower concentrations. Are you seeing something different?

7Nnm82S.png

In the non-scansat mode, the overlay should be complete from the very beginning. With that seed, here is what I see at Minmus and no cutoff. I see some black spots, which appear to be localized areas with lower concentrations. Are you seeing something different?

http://i.imgur.com/7Nnm82S.png

I've learned quite about about your mod, Karbonite, and Regolith in the past 24 hours. I am seeing a map at least similar to your when I select Karbonite.

The problem it appeared was that I had the "Resource" button clicked but no actual resources selected. Once I clicked the Karbonite button, I started seeing concentration maps. So I think I'm good, just have to remember to go one menu deeper whenever things don't look right.

Also, you have all resource cutoffs at 0%. I can't do that. In my game, at least one value must be 1% or higher. I highlight the "1" in Karbonite and type "0" and nothing happens. If I instead type "2" it changes to 2% cutoff. If I change another value from 0 to 1, I can chagne that value back to 0 but the original value I cannot change back. Ever seen that one before?

And before you think I'm picking apart your mod, I'll tell you I nailed a landing in a relatively abundant area on Mun with ease today, and it was quite fun to use the overlay in both the planning and execution phases of the landing. So thanks! :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.