Is it possible to mod a kerbal?

Krasimir

As the title says i have a question: Is it possible a kerbal to be moded? ( Change model, textures, animations, traits ) :rolleyes:

The reason for this question is that in my oppinion for some people kerbals and their current traits breaks the game immersion. Beleave it or not its true, and if theres a way that they can be changed would be awesome - imagine humans with traits that actualy means something (g-tolerance etc..) for rss mod for example. Imagine an octopuses alien racess etc :D ...

With TextureReplacer you can change the textures as far as I know.

Here is a link to the thread: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/60961-0-24-TextureReplacer-1-6-1-(18-7-2014)-Fixed-for-0-24

-EDIT-

Some example textures can be seen / found here.

Here is a texture pack: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/60961-0-23-TextureReplacer-1-1-(8-3-2014)/page34?p=923913#post923913

Edited by Volcanix

Im aware of this :) however texture replacer mods are not able to completely redesign a kerbal 3d model, animations and traits.

To be fair, you did ask about textures in the OP.

As the title says i have a question: Is it possible a kerbal to be moded? ( Change model, textures, animations, traits ) :rolleyes:

The reason for this question is that in my oppinion for some people kerbals and their current traits breaks the game immersion. Beleave it or not its true, and if theres a way that they can be changed would be awesome - imagine humans with traits that actualy means something (g-tolerance etc..) for rss mod for example. Imagine an octopuses alien racess etc :D ...

As for the models, I have no idea. The traits should be moddable though from what little bit I know of KSP/C#. Seems like one could add a g-force-tolerance modifier and kill/make the kerbal pass out if it goes above that.(Again, this is in theory)

Edited by WololoW

Someone wrote an API that allows you to assign things to specific crew members as if they had their own persistence files: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/83755-0-24-2-CrewFiles-persistence-files-for-individual-kerbals-%2830-august-2014%29?highlight=crew+persistence

It'd be perfect for traits specific to individual kerbals, like g-tolerance. It isn't for changing the model/textures, just for the coding side of things.

I was looking into developing some sort of Kerbal model replacer so that we could use Helldiver's female Kerbal concepts as actual in-game Kerbals, but I didn't even start development of that. It's possible to change out rigged and animated models, it's just very tricky to do without screwing up the operation of the thing itself.

Please don't ask me to try and do it now because I have an 18 credit-hour semester with 15 hours of work-study on the side, not to mention the fact that I'm working on a standalone game and multiple mods for KSP... I would die if I had to do something else. :P

Are you sure? AFAIK Deadly Reentry is the only mod that does that. TACLS does life support.

There was kerbal fitness NathanKell http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/67739-0-23-WIP-PLUGIN-KeepFit-Kerbal-fitness-degradation-mod-v1-0-43 which think he done a plugin for Alex on http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/79880-WIP-KONQUEST-Modular-components-for-permanent-bases-by-ASET-%2814-05-2014%29 that G- Force can kill kerbal's in his lander.

EDIT- But don't take this as mod a kerbal there where 2 mod in Development for doing things with kerbals change the way they moved but both are dead now.

Ah! Right. Wasn't sure that ever *killed* kerbals, especially since IIRC it interfaced with DRE to handle the killing; it was more that it decreased the G-limits I thought?

Anyway, I'll cease going off topic. Sorry!

On topic: I'm interested in working on this, when I have time...

When i started this topic it was with mixed feelings about "heretic" question, and possibly impossible quest, but You guys gives me hope :) We all know this can be a BIG thing in kerbal moding, HUGE for mods like rss and simulator fans, game changing if propper traits are implemented. Count me in if someone have the time to engage in that, im not a coder but im graphic artist i can make 3d models, textures etc.. so count me in if someone have the time to get involved :)

Like for example the traits - theres big field to be explored for example: if theres kerbanaut training is implemented are you going to improve your stupidity? is kind of... stupid. traits should be meaningfull, you should feel that you must improve them, they should be game involving on eva, iva, flight, science... all aspects of the game. At least imo :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.