Announcing CloudHarvest

_Augustus_

WIP

Ever wanted to have the ability to get Xenon from Jool's atmosphere? Ever needed extra fuel away from home? Then CloudHarvest is the mod for you!

Mod Capabilities:

Adds harvest-able resources to several planets' atmospheres.

Works with Planet Factory:CE and Urania, Kaiser, Wot, Boris, Fearless, and Kerbal Universe 2 planet packs.

Looking for models/meshes for intakes and containers. Also hoping to add converters.

I definitely hope it will. ORS is perfect for something of the sort. Don't forget, there are mods that use other gaseous fuels too: Near Future has hydrogen and argon as well as xenon (and the atmosphere of a gas giant is almost entirely hydrogen!), and there's also gaseous NTR fuels in RealFuels (methane, ammonia, etc; plenty of those should be in some of the Kerbol system atmospheres, like Eve for instance).

Is this working with the established ORS format for harvestable atmospherics, or are you trying to roll your own?
I definitely hope it will. ORS is perfect for something of the sort. Don't forget, there are mods that use other gaseous fuels too: Near Future has hydrogen and argon as well as xenon (and the atmosphere of a gas giant is almost entirely hydrogen!), and there's also gaseous NTR fuels in RealFuels (methane, ammonia, etc; plenty of those should be in some of the Kerbol system atmospheres, like Eve for instance).

I'm using ORS. Jool will have tons of Xenon in it's atmosphere (It explains it's green color :P)

Currently I'm not adding gases to any solid planets/moons except for most likely Eve, which probably has similar atmo composition to KU2's Cyssor.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.