Can not launch rocket with kerbals

I think I found the problem:

ArgumentException: The thing you want to instantiate is null.

at UnityEngine.Object.CheckNullArgument (System.Object arg, System.String message) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.Object.Instantiate (UnityEngine.Object original) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Part.AddInternalPart (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Part.CreateInternalModel () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Part.SpawnCrew () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Vessel.SpawnCrew () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Vessel.MakeActive () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at FlightGlobals.setActiveVessel (.Vessel v, Boolean force) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at FlightGlobals.SetActiveVessel (.Vessel v) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ShipConstruction.AssembleForLaunch (.ShipConstruct ship, System.String landedAt, System.String flagURL, .Game sceneState, .VesselCrewManifest crewManifest) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at FlightDriver.Start () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

It's probably Crew Manifest that's causing it. I recommend uninstalling it and running KSP to confirm if it is.

Simply do this:

1) Remove ALL mods (all Folders and Files in GameData EXCEPT Squad and NASAMission)

2) Run KSP. Try and see if you can launch rockets with Kerbals now.

3) If yes, then the problem IS caused by a mod. If not, then this issue is probably caused by some weird computer problem.

4) If the problem is solved WITHOUT mods, just close KSP and add the mods ONE by ONE, run KSP and test it everytime you copied a mod until the problem appears.

5) Profit.

Edited by nuclearping

I think i figured it out. it doesnt work when i have the near future installed so im gonna see whcih part of near future does it

Wait i dont think so now

Well i just put all the mods that work back in and no go still nothing so im gonna take a screenshot of what im seeing

http://prntscr.com/4isvhi

Edited by Trem Fantasma

Simply do this:

1) Remove ALL mods (all Folders and Files in GameData EXCEPT Squad and NASAMission)

2) Run KSP. Try and see if you can launch rockets with Kerbals now.

3) If yes, then the problem IS caused by a mod. If not, then this issue is probably caused by some weird computer problem.

4) If the problem is solved WITHOUT mods, just close KSP and add the mods ONE by ONE, run KSP and test it everytime you copied a mod until the problem appears.

5) Profit.

This suggestion will not help KSP Windows x64 users, since like 32bit (except more randomly) it is memory limited still, and will crash no matter what mod you add, if you add too many.

This suggestion will not help KSP Windows x64 users, since like 32bit (except more randomly) it is memory limited still, and will crash no matter what mod you add, if you add too many.

If you're looking for a mod which causes problems, this suggestion works no matter if you're using 32bit or 64bit.

If you're running into exceeded memory issues then your KSP will likely crash already at the start and usually doesn't cause a "can't launch rockets with Kerbals, but rockets without Kerbals" problem. ;)

So from the answer on the previous page I would still suspect a Mod problem.

I believe it is a mod problem but i checked all the mods and nothing

Since you've stated that it that each add-on works individually, but not together, you will now need to test varying combinations of add-ons to see which are incompatible with each other. You can do this by executing a binary search (divide your add-ons into two groups, check which group of add-ons work, divide the non-working group in half, repeat the process until you have narrowed down the culprit).

As each and every player has a unique mix of add-ons they use, there's no way you can simply show us a list and expect someone to tell you immediately what is wrong.

Ok so i did the split mods in 2 and both worked so idk what the problem is now

More drastic measures are now required.

Add your mods in one by one and check to see that your can still launch crewed craft, since it is possible that the incompatibility is between mods from across the different diagonstic groups.

I'm sorry to say this, but there's no quick / easy / magic way to solve this problem quicker - the more mods you have and the less information you give us, the harder it is for people to help you.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.