[1.1.2] Kerbal Attachment System (KAS) 0.5.8

KospY

cbVYt41.png

Last updated 12 June 2016 - v0.5.8 for KSP 1.1.2

KAS introduces new gameplay mechanics by adding winches and eva attachable struts/pipes. It gives some purpose to EVA and can be used for many things:

• Resource transfer
  • Towing parts
  • Base/vessel interconnections
  • Vessel consolidation
  • Cranes
  • Airship anchoring
  • Skycranes
  • Elevators
  • ...and more

yABwZvI.png         P38pbfb.png

Change log

Spoiler

0.5.8 (June 12th, 2016)

• [Fix] #167: Loading winch connected same vessel.
  • [Fix] #169: Winch motor acceleration is not scaled to FPS.
  • [Fix] #168: Disconnected winch head behaves against the gravity.

0.5.7 (2 may 2016)

• [Change] Compatibility change for KSP 1.1.2.
  • [Change] Migrate parts to the new enum in KISItem (see KIS 1.2.8 release notes).

0.5.6 (21 April 2016)

• [Change] KSP 1.1 supported!
  • [Change] Increase hooks break strength with respect to Unity 5 physics change.
  • [Change] Increase static attach strength on pylon to prevent joint breakage.
  • [Enhancement] Improved search tags and descriptions in parts.
  • [Fix] Fix bottom & srf attach nodes on pylon to make it more stable and prevent explosions on physics start.

0.5.5 (11 November 2015)

• [Fix] Compatibility update for KSP 1.0.5

0.5.4 (29 July 2015)

• [Enhancement] Allow KAS to work without KIS (removed KIS dependancy)
  • [Enhancement] Moving harpoons with KIS will not attach them on the ground anymore (attach key must now be used)
  • [Change] Removed old container module (used to move old KAS v0.4 items to KIS items)
  • [Fix] Fixed KIS dependancy checker not working as expected

0.5.3 (11 July 2015)

• [Fix] Compatibility update for KSP 1.0.4
  • [Fix] Updated KAS to use the latest version of KIS (v1.2)
  • [Fix] Updated pylon to use the new KIS module for ground attachement

0.5.2 (31 May, 2015)

• [Enhancement] Converted parts textures to DDS
  • [Enhancement] AVC is now used for version check
  • [Enhancement] Added a KIS version dependancy check
  • [Fix] Added stacking to connector port
  • [Fix] Fixed a compatibility issue with Kerbal Joint Reinforcement
  • [Fix] Updated OnKISAction to use BaseEventData (prevent KAS crash if KIS is missing)

0.5.1 (14 May 2015)

• Added a warning if KIS is not detected
  • Fixed radial winch not allowing stack attach

0.5.0 (14 May, 2015)

• Updated for KSP 1.0.2
  • Integrated KIS (KIS is now mandatory)
  • Updated port and winch to use KIS "mount" behaviour for attaching hooks on winches
  • Parts models update : Connector port, Stack and radial winch, magnet and grappling hook
  • Connector port can now be used for linking pipes
  • New part : harpoon
  • Struts is now a lot stronger
  • Disable pause menu when canceling a strut/pipe link (using escape key)
  • Updated module 'KASModuleContainer' to move content to KIS storage system if detected
  • Module manager is no more needed
  • Removed modules depreciated by KIS : KASAddonPointer, KASAddonAddModule, KASModuleGrab, KASModulePartBay, KASModuleTimedBomb.
  • Removed parts : Container Type A & B and bay, Stack connector port, Hook Support, Pipe end point and Horizontal & Vertical radial winch

! Important note !

Since KAS v0.5.4, KIS is no more mandatory (only highly recommended).

However by using KAS without KIS, take note that you will not be able to :

• Attach/detach connectors from EVA
  • Store hooks in containers
  • Mount hooks on winches from EVA
  • Attach hooks from EVA
  • Attach ground pylon on the ground

To get all this features, You need to install KIS. You can download it here.

Notes for user upgrading from KAS 0.4.X

As KAS v0.5 now use KIS and KSP 1.0 is out, I took some time to reduce the part count by removing/merging some parts.

To avoid loosing a ship because of a missing part, you can download old parts from KAS v0.4 from the curse mod page.

The old parts will still work, but I will not maintain them, so I recommend to trash them.

Here is some methods to safely trash them :

• Put them in a container (missing part will be ignored after part removal)
  • Let them alone on the ground or in orbit
  • Destroy old parts with the new KIS explosives :)

This old parts will not be available from the editor, so if you want to continue to use them, you need to change the line "category = none" to "category = Utility" in the corresponding cfg file.

Useful Links

KAS Wiki - See the wiki for frequently asked questions, version history, part details and more

Default keyboard shortcuts

Issue tracker

License

Source code

Reviews (KIS & KAS)

Spoiler

Tutorial

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mXesHNX1JM

Authors

KospY : Plugin design and development, C# coding.

Winn75 : Graphic design, 3D Models, textures.

Edited by KospY

Hello, i'm trying to add the KASModuleGrab on KAS_ContainerBay. it' works (I tried 2 ways. via addModule.cfg and editing the cfg part file), but it attaches behind the surface. I mean, half of the mesh is hidden inside the part or ground. I don't see any surface distance code or attach z position (only EVA) to fix this. I've tried changing the node name. but no changes.

Any idea how to fix this?

this is the code i'm using (addModule.cfg):

///////// KAS_ContainerBay1 ///////

GRAB

{

stockPartName = KAS_ContainerBay1

evaPartPos = (0.0, 0.40, -0.10)

evaPartDir = (0,0,-1)

attachNodeName = bottom

attachOnPart = True

attachOnEva = False

attachOnStatic = True

attachSendMsgOnly = False

}

I hope I didn't miss something with the fix. It's been a while since I did not touch the source code !

Keep me informed if something else is broken on the x64 version. I can't play a lot right now...

Also, the changelog for v0.4.8 :

- 0.24.2 compatibility

- Fixed explosions when grabbing a part with x64 version of KSP

- Fixed kerbal teleportation to zero velocity when grabbing a part in space (ex : orbiting moon)

- Fixed NRE when grabbing a stateful part from a container (Thanks to Angavrilov)

- Some Spelling/grammar fixes for part descriptions (Thanks to Dennovin)

KospY: awesome! Glad things are going ok and you had a chance to pop back on here for a bit!

One problem, though: <mod hat on> due to the new addon rules, the zip file also needs to contain a copy of the license or, if it's a common one like CC-* or LGPL, a reference to it. </mod hat>

YAY! So to confirm, we can just download it above and everything should more or less work now, regardless of our version, right? No other fixes needed? (again, with only perhaps minor hiccups, but nothing game-breaking?)

KospY: awesome! Glad things are going ok and you had a chance to pop back on here for a bit!

One problem, though: <mod hat on> due to the new addon rules, the zip file also needs to contain a copy of the license or, if it's a common one like CC-* or LGPL, a reference to it. </mod hat>

Thank you :)

I didn't know for the licence, I uploaded a new version with it.

YAY! So to confirm, we can just download it above and everything should more or less work now, regardless of our version, right? No other fixes needed? (again, with only perhaps minor hiccups, but nothing game-breaking?)

It should work as before on 0.23 at least :) If not, keep me informed.

Hopefully this will fix the problems I was having last night on the Win32 version. Trying to put some mono tanks onto a ship in orbit. Got two placed but then it acted up on the third. Saving and reloading sorted it out for that but not for the 4th one. Didn't try quitting and restarting KSP, was nearly 4 AM by then.

Bob was sliding down the ladder (instead of staying put) and after pulling the tank from the bin it would drift away. Could attach it to the ship but it was also still attached to Bob, same right click menu with it on the ship as with it on Kerbalback.

From there the route was either an explosion or strange forces twisting the ship apart.

Will test the new release tonight to see if I can get the other 5 tanks mounted.

I am getting an error with KAS now that I have the newest upload and it is saying that it is incompatible with the 24.2 version of KSP. Any idea why? It is also triggering on the KSPAPIextensions and aaa_Toolbar as well all for the same thing.