[1.1.2] Kerbal Attachment System (KAS) 0.5.8

KospY

Uhm, before I upload this... since I used some dev to make the previous version of KAS compatible with 0.24.2 (it may have been yours... I don't recall)... will uploading this version make my SPACE STATION "fall out of the sky", as the iconic saying goes (I want to make sure my station rocket parts work for making my... ahem... Mun-orbiting Gen 1 Refueling Station, and since they currently rely on the boxes & struts, along with fuel pipe ports)?

I am getting an error with KAS now that I have the newest upload and it is saying that it is incompatible with the 24.2 version of KSP. Any idea why? It is also triggering on the KSPAPIextensions and aaa_Toolbar as well all for the same thing.

Get the KSPAPIextensions and 000_Toolbar latest versions separately from KAS. The latest KAS 0.4.8.zip download linked in this thread doesn't include either.

AFAIK, several mods using KSPAPIextensions require copies of the DLL in their own folders and you should copy the same DLL version to all. 'Course mod authors should update to use the latest version of the DLL and support loading it from anywhere under GameData.

Success! With the new version I was able to place the rest of the mono tanks without anything exploding or having the ship ripped apart.

But there's still a problem with force being applied to the Kerbal when attaching parts. Here's the orbital part of the vehicle I used, with a docking port, large kethane converter and a kethane tank to simulate the part of the craft I was putting the tanks on. Only requires Kethane and KAS mods.

http://pastebin.com/chH2Z4TM

Either build a launcher under this or toss it to orbit with hyperedit.

Extend the ladder, go EVA. For some reason the Kerbal starts to slowly slide down the ladder. Climb down and grab a mobility enhancer then go back up and attach it to the upper docking port so you can climb across it. Get another one and attach it to the Kethane converter so you'll be able climb far enough to attach the mono tanks to the side of the kethane tank. There's already a ladder section mounted to bridge the port attached to the lander can.

Climb down and get a mono tank, then back up and attach it to the kethane tank. When doing that Bob would be shoved rather hard down the ladder. IIRC the push after attaching the ladder sections was less, if any.

I didn't try letting go of the ladder. Whenever I've tried free flying EVA the poor Kerbal always ends up running out of mono and doing a Dutchman. Some way to attach a tether *and* carry a part would be quite useful.

P.S. I removed the ladder sections on my ship in orbit after this emergency mission, no need leaving behind extra parts. :)

Edited by Galane

Success! With the new version I was able to place the rest of the mono tanks without anything exploding or having the ship ripped apart.

But there's still a problem with force being applied to the Kerbal when attaching parts. Here's the orbital part of the vehicle I used, with a docking port, large kethane converter and a kethane tank to simulate the part of the craft I was putting the tanks on. Only requires Kethane and KAS mods.

http://pastebin.com/chH2Z4TM

Either build a launcher under this or toss it to orbit with hyperedit.

Extend the ladder, go EVA. For some reason the Kerbal starts to slowly slide down the ladder. Climb down and grab a mobility enhancer then go back up and attach it to the upper docking port so you can climb across it. Get another one and attach it to the Kethane converter so you'll be able climb far enough to attach the mono tanks to the side of the kethane tank. There's already a ladder section mounted to bridge the port attached to the lander can.

Climb down and get a mono tank, then back up and attach it to the kethane tank. When doing that Bob would be shoved rather hard down the ladder. IIRC the push after attaching the ladder sections was less, if any.

I didn't try letting go of the ladder. Whenever I've tried free flying EVA the poor Kerbal always ends up running out of mono and doing a Dutchman. Some way to attach a tether *and* carry a part would be quite useful.

P.S. I removed the ladder sections on my ship in orbit after this emergency mission, no need leaving behind extra parts. :)

I can't load the file. It seem there is some others mods used on that craft (I found for exemple the TweakScale mod). Can you reproduce the problem with only KAS ?

Had a question about KAS - please correct me if I'm wrong (usually am), but right now you have to be controlling a craft with a winch on it in order to use the winch, right? Is it possible to make it so that a Kerbal outside the craft could operate winches and such without re-entering the ship, or some other method of operating winches and whatnot? I am guessing it's impossible based on how other stuff in the game works when you are or aren't focused on/controlling something, but thought I'd ask...

WELL, KospY, since you didn't answer me the first time I asked, I guess I'm going to have to ask AGAIN:

Uhm, before I upload this... since I used some dev to make the previous version of KAS compatible with 0.24.2 (it may have been yours... I don't recall)... will uploading this version make my SPACE STATION "fall out of the sky", as the iconic saying goes (I want to make sure my station rocket parts work for making my... ahem... Mun-orbiting Gen 1 Refueling Station, and since they currently rely on the boxes & struts, along with fuel pipe ports)?

I'm trying to think what's missing, now we have full functionality back, given the release of First Contract?

- Parts costs for items launched in and recovered from containers.

- I'm not sure if science stored on science devices is recovered if inside a container?

- Make the two new engines, Vernor and O-10, grabbable. Easy enough to edit, but a nice thing to have by default.

- Some KAS specific contracts, though Fine Print's base and station contracts really benefit from KAS as it is.

- I'd love to be able to move or add stock fuel lines. Great for those times you realise you've screwed up well into a mission. Would save on having to use a pipe endpoint to do the same job (still love them for larger installations where you need the reach).

Those are the obvious low-hanging fruit - anything else I missed?

Edited by colmo

Is anyone else having issues with the New KAS conflicting with Kerbal Engineer Redux? When I load a ship in the VAB that has a KER chip on it the game crashes and the engineer readout just prior to the crash says "simulation failed". Removing KAS fixes this.

Welcome back. Thanks for updating this irreplaceable mod.

It's entirely replaceable. However, KAS is so well made that nobody would want to replace it. Happy to see you back, KospY!

EDIT: Oh, and what's the license?

Is anyone else having issues with the New KAS conflicting with Kerbal Engineer Redux? When I load a ship in the VAB that has a KER chip on it the game crashes and the engineer readout just prior to the crash says "simulation failed". Removing KAS fixes this.

You have to remember to state whether you're using 64 or 32-bit whenever you post about a problem