[1.1.2] Kerbal Attachment System (KAS) 0.5.8

KospY

Ah... no! KAS is one of most useful mods out there. This one I will miss in 0.90. And at least the basics should really be added to stock.

I'm assuming it will be updated and available for 0.90 shortly...Unless you know something i don't? (I'm really hoping you don't as I also love this mod)

Actually, the changes to get KAS working in 0.90 are pretty minor, just a few API tweaks (a new param here, remove one there, that sort of thing). The fuel-line and strut changes are irrelevant. I'm sure a new version will be up pretty soon.

I swear I was thinking I should disable steam auto-update and when I woke up the next morning I discovered it had done it while I was asleep. Too late.

You can revert.

In Steam, go to KSP's properties, and select previous version (or something to that effect). It will re download 0.25 into your KSP folder, and you're back in business

0.4.10 Released :

â—¾Updated for KSP 0.90

â—¾Added ModuleManager sanity checks (thx to Starstrider42)

â—¾Rewrite container cost and science computation (thx to angavrilov)

Edited by KospY

0.4.10 Released :

â—¾Updated for KSP 0.90

You sir, are my hero. :)

0.4.10 Released :

â—¾Updated for KSP 0.90

I dont know how difficult it would be but it would really be neat to have only the engineers do KAS related stuff(or some of them) and as other people suggested making this toggleable wouldnt push anyone away :)

EDIT: Damn you, after your hintful edit you made my comment completely useles :P

(Thank you for this great mod mate)

I dont know how difficult it would be but it would really be neat to have only the engineers do KAS related stuff(or some of them) and as other people suggested making this toggleable wouldnt push anyone away :)

EDIT: Damn you, after your hintful edit you made my comment completely useles :P

(Thank you for this great mod mate)

Right now I'm focused on KIS. It will be a complete overhaul of the container system, and it will include what you say with some new features.

Also, for information, KIS is a standalone, so people will be able to update to the new container system easly : they will only need to move parts to the new containers.

At last, after the release, I will come back on KAS to update it to use KIS.

Edited by KospY

Right now I'm focused on KIS. It will be a complete overhaul of the container system, and it will include what you say with some new features.

Also, for information, KIS is a standalone, so people will be able to update to the new container system easly : they will only need to move parts to the new containers.

At last, after the release, I will come back on KAS to update it to use KIS.

would higher level engineers get perks like angle snap and stack attach or is hand built rocketry still just a crazy dream?

What is KIS?

New mod?

P.S.

Thanks for updating KAS! KAS is in my "Essential Mods List" from the moment I seen it.:cool:

P.P.S.

I have a question about KAS balance: Is tiny docking port too big to realistically fit into the KAS container?

I'm looking for methods to modernize my older ships, and, sometimes, I find that I attached too few TDPs (or forgot to add them completely).

I was thinking about adding TDP into KAS attachable and storeable parts, but, I'm afraid it could be too OP.

Or may be there is another method, besides "cable attachment port and winch" combination?

Edited by Guest

would higher level engineers get perks like angle snap and stack attach or is hand built rocketry still just a crazy dream?

I'd actually be curious to know whether that's possible too - can stack attachment, snapping etc. be done using KAS, outside the VAB/SPH? That'd be pretty cool.

0.4.10 Released :

â—¾Updated for KSP 0.90

No luck fixing that zeromass/physically significant bug I posted? Thanks for the update anyhow, still very useful :)