[1.1.2] Kerbal Attachment System (KAS) 0.5.8

KospY

Module Manager is what allows mods to add/remove/change the modules on other parts without overwriting the original part files, but its not a Mod in and of itself, it's a .dll file that most mod authors release with their mods that use/require it.

As for the KAS errors... I have no idea.

I just checked and I have 2.5.1 and 2.5.4 in there. Can I just rename 2.5.4 and resolve it for short term?

Thanks, WMC

Can I just rename 2.5.4 and resolve it for short term?

There's no reason to keep 2.5.1, mainly because it deactivates itself upon detection of a newer version - you can delete MM 2.5.1 for both a short term and long term solution. Renaming a dll will cause Very Bad Things to happen.

Edited by ObsessedWithKSP

No I am not using Module Manager. But how did you resolve the issue with using that?? Thanks, WMC

The way I understand it, ModuleManager overwrites (in the program, not the actual file) some .cfg files and adds things to them. Like the ability to grab them and store them.

So, KAS (again, the way I understand it so far) adds to some parts the properties to be grabbed and stored.

Which means, without ModuleManager KAS does not work.

I think it makes a lot of sense to restrict KAS to engineers. As for making all 'restrictive changes' optional, Squad didn't make the Engineer limitations to repairs optional, so why should KAS?

This.

Like K.E.R, it would be nice to restrict KAS activities to engineers.

*sighs*

I must be doing something wrong but I can't get it to work on my KSP (version 0.25.0.642).

Installed it as described but no matter what I do, I don't get any interface for any part. Default keyboard bindings don't seem to be working (Ctrl-k for instance).

When looking in the debugging messages (Alt - F12) it does show it's loading stuff and also placing it. But getting it to do things, no go unfortunately! :(

Any help? I would realy like to use this...

Installed mods:

BoulderCo

EnhancedNavBall

EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements

KAS

Kethane

KWRocketry

NASAmission

NavyFish

TriggerTech (KerbalClock)

ModuleManager version 2.5.6

Thanks a lot! :-)

I'm designing a Tylo lander which will use a KAS winch as a replacement for ladders (kind of hard to put a ladder into something using the KL-2R engine). The kerbals attach themselves to the winch but sometimes, when I switch back to the lander to retract the winch and back to the kerbal to check if I can put him back into the command module, my brave kerbonaut just vanishes

Hi there, I wanted to start off saying that I love this mod, the fun utility crafts and things that you can make with it are fantastic :)

Now I have been poking around the code for this mod, mainly for just testing out some little tinkerings and things I have been playing around with, but I will admit that I know very little about coding, which is why I generally only do little tinkerings here and there :) But anyway, so far I have understood everything I have needed to reasonably well, but I am not entirely sure what attachOnEva is refering too. The instructions you have say that it allows the part to be attached on kerbal eva, but im not sure what the is specifically refering to, seeming a kerbal has to be on eva for them to grab a part anyway. So if you dont mind, would you be able to explain that to be a little more? :)

(Also I apologise in advance if this is a stupid)

Hi all, so I did a completely new install of .90 and then install KAS 4.10. Noted that ModuleManager is 2.5.1 in this. I go in and try to pull up the UI for the winch and get nothing?? So ruling out any other mods impacting it. Saw someone mentioned a MM 2.5.6 is that something separate you can get??

Thanks, WMC

- - - Updated - - -

Hey all, I did find 2.5.6, downloaded it and installed it and all is working now!! Thanks for the help.

Thanks, WMC

How do i install this mod?

https://github.com/KospY/KAS/wiki/Installation

Almost all mods are installed in a very similar manner. Download the file, read the installation instructions, then put the files in the .zip archive into the KSP directory(if the zip has a GameData folder) or put them into the GameData folder (if the zip has only folders named for the mod).

The KAS 0.4.10 zip file has a GameData folder in it, so just unzip the download into the KSP directory.

https://github.com/KospY/KAS/wiki/Installation

Almost all mods are installed in a very similar manner. Download the file, read the installation instructions, then put the files in the .zip archive into the KSP directory(if the zip has a GameData folder) or put them into the GameData folder (if the zip has only folders named for the mod).

The KAS 0.4.10 zip file has a GameData folder in it, so just unzip the download into the KSP directory.

Thanks, but my hyperedit wont work with this, halp!

Wait why you need hyper edit to install? This is confusing :huh:

and furthermore I have hyper edit and kas work fine.

No, I had hyper edit installed before i installed the mod. now it wont work and I cant bring up the hyperedit menue.

No, I had hyper edit installed before i installed the mod. now it wont work and I cant bring up the hyperedit menue.

Did you properly install hyperedit? What game version are you running? What Hyperedit version are you running? Which KAS version did you install?

Did you properly install hyperedit? What game version are you running? What Hyperedit version are you running? Which KAS version did you install?

Wait, figured it out, I had uninstalled the kerbaltech folder im gamedata.

I'm having a weird bug where I made a crane, and any time I have something picked up, either with the electromagnet or the grappling hook, if I have to quickload (meaning, I tipped it over and it blew up, hehe) it automatically drops the payload which disappears into oblivion. In the case of the grappling hooks, they also apparently detach and disappear with it. The electromagnets stay attached fine tho.

Don't suppose anybody has any experience with this or how to fix it?

Here's what I'm doing: http://i.imgur.com/AfQUCH6.png

http://i.imgur.com/K3f6B4n.png

Edited by strideknight

I'm having a weird bug where I made a crane, and any time I have something picked up, either with the electromagnet or the grappling hook, if I have to quickload (meaning, I tipped it over and it blew up, hehe) it automatically drops the payload which disappears into oblivion. In the case of the grappling hooks, they also apparently detach and disappear with it. The electromagnets stay attached fine tho.

Don't suppose anybody has any experience with this or how to fix it?

Here's what I'm doing: http://i.imgur.com/AfQUCH6.png

http://i.imgur.com/K3f6B4n.png

Not positive but aren't those parts from infernal robotics not KAS?