[1.1.2] Kerbal Attachment System (KAS) 0.5.8

KospY

With KIS, you can transfer items between pod from each kerbal inventory without going Eva (one by one for now, transfering all items is planned later). It seem logical as kerbal can move freely between pods, so no problem here.

However, for the containers, the current one is designed like a external box that can be unmounted easly for eva activities. It will not be accessible from the vessel interior, as it seem weird to magically move items between container without going Eva to open them.

Anyway you made a good point. I added a parameter in the inventory module to set if the container is accessible from interior/exterior or exterior only. Also, I will speak to winn75 to see if he can make some kind of inline hitchhiker storage container accessible from inside for a further release

KIS ? Ive never heard of that. That sounds like what im requesting. Are you the author of KIS?

KIS ? Ive never heard of that. That sounds like what im requesting. Are you the author of KIS?

Its our new mod Kospy and I working on and is focused on inventory systems.

I'm planning to do a one hour live showcase on Twich tonight 9pm French Time (8pm GMT or 3pm EST).

It will be my first live and i'm not used to speak to a webcam but i'll try my best to make it entertaining and informative and I will answer to as many questions as possible :)

So if you want to come to say hi, you're all welcome.

Here's my twich channel : http://www.twitch.tv/winn75

Its our new mod Kospy and I working on and is focused on inventory systems.

I'm planning to do a one hour live showcase on Twich tonight 9pm French Time (8pm GMT or 3pm EST).

It will be my first live and i'm not used to speak to a webcam but i'll try my best to make it entertaining and informative and I will answer to as many questions as possible :)

So if you want to come to say hi, you're all welcome.

Here's my twich channel : http://www.twitch.tv/winn75

I'll definetly check out the live twitch feed.

Nice idea doing a stream! =D Time to lookup the timezones hehe(i live in sweden)

Well, it'd be in about an hour and 20 minutes from now.

Also, the twitch site seems to be having some issues, don't know what's up with that/

Seem ok to me! Live in 30 minutes ;)

I prepared many things to show.

Well, Twitch keeps going "problem loading page" for me and sometimes the page has trouble loading fully. As is your page.

- - - Updated - - -

STILL not working for me, going to get twitch for iOS.

I caught part of the show and it all looks *great*! Seriously you guys are doing a bang-up job.

Sadly I missed a lot of it due to stupid real life and stuff, so would also like to watch it as a past broadcast. Your "Past Broadcasts" page is empty though.

If you could enable the past broadcasts, I would appreciate it, I missed it because I was at work!

If you could enable the past broadcasts, I would appreciate it, I missed it because I was at work!

Well, it was my first broadcast on twich and I forgot to do one thing : check the "archive video" button in the video manager :(

i just didn't know that, sorry. Maybe i'll do another one next week but i'd prefer finish the work on the mod to release it sooner.

Well, it was my first broadcast on twich and I forgot to do one thing : check the "archive video" button in the video manager :(

i just didn't know that, sorry. Maybe i'll do another one next week but i'd prefer finish the work on the mod to release it sooner.

Very eager for this one. :)

Why hasn't this been put on Kerbalstuff yet?

It is safe to say by now that if the modder wanted to use Kerbalstuff, it'd be on there.

There's a link to the location that the modder prefers to upload their builds to in the first post.

I'm having an issue which might be a bad interaction between KAS and RealChutes. I've packed a (non-RealChutes) radial parachute into a KAS container. When I open the container and try to take it out it doesn't appear on the Kerbal's back. Instead, it appears some distance (100 m?) away. I can switch to it using "]" at which point its orbital speed shows up as 0 even though I was in Kerbin orbit when I grabbed it. In the map view its status shows up as "landed". Here's the end of the KSP.log:

There are then something over 200 lines of the last line "Waiting rigidbody to initialize..." until the end of file. It looks like it thinks it is grabbing a RealChutes procedural chute, but the part in the container is a MK2-R.

Thoughts?

- - - Updated - - -

Further testing of the parachute problem:

On the launchpad, with a MK2-R chute attached to the outside of a vessel a Kerbal can grab it and it appears on their back as it should and can then be reattached to the vessel. On the same vessel is a KAS container has a parachute in it. Trying to get it results in the parachute appearing hovering in the air 100.0 m away.

The problem seems to only be with parachutes. I've been able to get struts and a radial engine out of the container.

Did this ever get figured out? I'm seeing the same issue.

Does RemoteTech interfere with the ability to grab antennas somehow? Playing career mode, and wanted to grab and relocate a small Communotron 16 antenna, and I know it should be possible, but the only options available in EVA are to extend and target. I know the ModuleManager configs for RT add the communication abilities to stock antennas, but they should also still be affected by the KAS ModuleManager configs to make them moveable.

Can anybody help me with a problem that I'm having with resource transfer. I'm trying to transfer rocketparts (which RoverDude says are transferrable from the ship on the left to the one on the right, but it's not happening, and neither is the fuel. I'm using FTT and MKS, and using RoverDudes version of the KAS pipes.

I'm going to fly in a supply drone with some KAS parts to see if I can get it with those.

Edit: Um, I tried to move the ship closer and ended up accidentially hopping right over it instead because it wasn't close enough. heh.

Edit2: The pipes aren't working either. Although, I wonder if it has anything to do with the fixed firespitter dll he put up in the latest github version.

screenshot24_zpsrfia7ax5.png

Edited by smjjames

Can anybody help me with a problem that I'm having with resource transfer. I'm trying to transfer rocketparts (which RoverDude says are transferrable from the ship on the left to the one on the right, but it's not happening, and neither is the fuel. I'm using FTT and MKS, and using RoverDudes version of the KAS pipes.

I'm going to fly in a supply drone with some KAS parts to see if I can get it with those.

Edit: Um, I tried to move the ship closer and ended up accidentially hopping right over it instead because it wasn't close enough. heh.

Edit2: The pipes aren't working either. Although, I wonder if it has anything to do with the fixed firespitter dll he put up in the latest github version.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v214/smjjames/screenshot24_zpsrfia7ax5.png

I've never seen pipes like those before. They don't seem to be KAS pipes. However, I can't see them functioning much differently and your camera DOES seem to be targeting it as if it's the center of mass (Did you do any camera shenanegans to get it to center or was that where it was?) Hooking 2 craft together with pipes in KAS docks those 2 craft together, making a single craft. As far as the game is concerned you're not transferring between 2 ships, but 2 tanks in the same ship.

The only thing I can think is, can you transfer resources between the canisters in the individual ships? If so, then those pipes are NOT docking your ships like KAS pipes would. If not, then either bug or you didn't buy the building upgrade at the KSC that allows you to resource transfer.