[1.1.2] Kerbal Attachment System (KAS) 0.5.8

KospY

I've never seen pipes like those before. They don't seem to be KAS pipes. However, I can't see them functioning much differently and your camera DOES seem to be targeting it as if it's the center of mass (Did you do any camera shenanegans to get it to center or was that where it was?) Hooking 2 craft together with pipes in KAS docks those 2 craft together, making a single craft. As far as the game is concerned you're not transferring between 2 ships, but 2 tanks in the same ship.

The only thing I can think is, can you transfer resources between the canisters in the individual ships? If so, then those pipes are NOT docking your ships like KAS pipes would. If not, then either bug or you didn't buy the building upgrade at the KSC that allows you to resource transfer.

Those are the flexotubes from MKS/OKS, they're just bigger versions of the pipes. I'm playing science mode and that's where the camera was, they're just pretty far apart.

I tried it with this simple setup (one tank is empty) and the regular ones aren't pumping either. I tried it both coupled and decoupled.

I feel like I'm missing a step somewhere. Going to test firespitter though.

screenshot25_zpsynth0msb.png

Edited by smjjames

Those are the flexotubes from MKS/OKS, they're just bigger versions of the pipes. I'm playing science mode and that's where the camera was, they're just pretty far apart.

I tried it with this simple setup (one tank is empty) and the regular ones aren't pumping either. I tried it both coupled and decoupled.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v214/smjjames/screenshot25_zpsynth0msb.png

I think I solved your problem. I replied in your post in the MKS thread.

You're using the "pump here" option. You want to manually transfer the parts by alt-right-clicking the containers.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v214/smjjames/screenshot25_zpsynth0msb.png

I don't see the resource windows on your screens. Do you rightclick the first container and Alt+Rightclick the second?

I looked at the wiki shortly after I posted my last edit and found the alt function, tried that and it didn't work, then again, I tried dragging instead of clicking and I didn't see any in/out options either.

Going to test an older firespitter version just in case.

Well, it's working with an older firespitter. 99% of this was me not doing it right.

Edited by smjjames

I just wanted to make sure that it wasn't the newer firespitter (somehow) that RoverDude put in the latest github for FTT.

Edit: And, it works fine. This was 100% me not doing it right, lol.

Question though, what's the range of the KAS pipes? the flex tube ones have a range of 500m I think.

Edited by smjjames

Just a quick post to say I've been using this mod since err... For ages - Finally updating to .9 tonight and KAS (among others) is coming along for our next adventure, thanks for this mod its brilliant.

The physics on the winch cables have been absolutely out of this world, as in - i've had a terrible time with them - But cant be going without now.

Brilliant mod, hope to see more like it, thank you!

Edit: I thought the range was 50m

Question though, what's the range of the KAS pipes? the flex tube ones have a range of 500m I think.

Somewhere between 20 and 30m I think. I try to land within 25m and always get a lock. You can extend this by using pylons and chaining them together but it's a pain.

The physics engine no likey ships that are too large in any direction. I'd be afraid to leave a 500+ meter ship on the surface of a planet for too long unattended.

Welp, been getting used to KAS. I've used it since .24, but I've just lazily used the struts and winches for "Kerbal Bungees", back when I was unsure how to properly maneuver a Kerbal in space.

Now, I'm using the Radial Stack Winch to connect a Rover to a Munar (Karbonite) Rocket without fear of wobble or the pain of docking (now if ONLY I can make a sturdy enough rover that WON'T topple over on the Mun AND lose it's retractable solar panels).

The range of KAS pipes are 20m. But if you think its too short, you can edit the "maxLenght" parameter of the KASModuleStrut in the .cfg ;)

Somewhere between 20 and 30m I think. I try to land within 25m and always get a lock. You can extend this by using pylons and chaining them together but it's a pain.

The physics engine no likey ships that are too large in any direction. I'd be afraid to leave a 500+ meter ship on the surface of a planet for too long unattended.

Origionally it was more like 40-50 meters, so it ended up being about half distance too short.

MechJeb isn't always on the spot down to the millimeter when landing (especially larger ships), so I like to leave a good margin of error so that I don't land on top of anything.

The range of KAS pipes are 20m. But if you think its too short, you can edit the "maxLenght" parameter of the KASModuleStrut in the .cfg ;)

Okay cool, thanks.

Any ETA on KIS? Just wondering.

Alternately, try the Ship Manifest mod for moving stuff around instead of doing the alt-clicking method.

Any ETA on KIS? Just wondering.

Sure! :)

While I was play-testing the mod, I realised it was lacking an useful EVA item.

I finished the model and texture today and send it to Kospy for him to add it in the first release.

It was a 3h work and I wondered if people would be interested if I'd show my modeling+texturing work live on Twich.

How do I get the grapple to attach to the other ore drone? I want to drag it back to base, however, I initially thought I could shoot the grapples at the other craft, but nope, kept trying to attach the grapple, nope 'target not allowed', tried to put the plug part on, nope. I think I should have brought the electromagnets.

So, any help here? and yes that's the other winch end flopping around under the rover.

Although I'm currently trying to deal with one of the winches not retracting completely and docking the connector part in.

I got it in again and then failed again with a pull, but now the winch is being stupid again. *grumble grumble*

Edit: I think I know what I forgot, radial connectors!

Edit3: I got it with the radial connectors (and then drove too fast, blowing up what the radials were connected to, and THEN blowing up the connectors, lol), but still curious how to get the grapples to work.

screenshot27_zps61c4uxmc.png

Edited by smjjames

Sure! :)

While I was play-testing the mod, I realised it was lacking an useful EVA item.

I finished the model and texture today and send it to Kospy for him to add it in the first release.

It was a 3h work and I wondered if people would be interested if I'd show my modeling+texturing work live on Twich.

I would.

I always can learn more.

Shouldn't command pods come with a built-in KAS container? Jeb can surely smuggle a solar panel behind his seat, after all. So, here's a MM config for that. I made two exceptions for the Cupola and MPL, because they're fairly large yet have low capacity, and everything else gets 10 units of space per seat.

// Cupola (it's big, yet only 1 seat)
@PART[cupola]:Final{
MODULE
{
name = KASModuleContainer
maxSize = 30
}
}

// Science Lab (it's big, yet only 2 seats)
@PART[largeCrewedLab]:Final{
MODULE
{
maxSize = 40
}
}

// The rest - give 10 size for every seat
@PART[*]:HAS[!MODULE[KASModuleContainer],#CrewCapacity[*],~CrewCapacity[0]]:Final{
MODULE
{
maxSize = #$/CrewCapacity$
@maxSize *= 10
}
}

Edited by hab136
Comments use // not #!!!

Shouldn't command pods come with a built-in KAS container? Jeb can surely smuggle a solar panel behind his seat, after all. So, here's a MM config for that. I made two exceptions for the Cupola and MPL, because they're fairly large yet have low capacity, and everything else gets 10 units of space per seat.

That's cool stuff, but does the pound sign act as a comment delimiter (vs. //)?

That's cool stuff, but does the pound sign act as a comment delimiter (vs. //)?

Not really, but the config node parser is a little weird and just drops lines that make no sense to it.

With KIS you'll be able to edit Crew inventories in command pods from VAB/SPH. A 3 seat command pod will have 3 editable kerbal inventories. Enough to fit small solar panels or batteries!

With KIS you'll be able to edit Crew inventories in command pods from VAB/SPH. A 3 seat command pod will have 3 editable kerbal inventories. Enough to fit small solar panels or batteries!

Any guesstimate as to when KIS will be released?

Any guesstimate as to when KIS will be released?

We're almost ready for launch and got finger on "GO...NOW" button.

More seriously, I'm preparing the release thread and kospy is fixing the last bugs as we want to have something clean for the first release.

I'd like to say it's a matter of hours now (speaking in work time).

But as we're talking about free time hours its a bit hard to guesstimate and unfortunatly we still have to deal with a "workforfoodandpayrent" weird timewarp bug ;)

so I'll just say : ASAP

We're almost ready for launch and got finger on "GO...NOW" button.

More seriously, I'm preparing the release thread and kospy is fixing the last bugs as we want to have something clean for the first release.

I'd like to say it's a matter of hours now (speaking in work time).

But as we're talking about free time hours its a bit hard to guesstimate and unfortunatly we still have to deal with a "workforfoodandpayrent" weird timewarp bug ;)

so I'll just say : ASAP

Coolness. *double thumbs up*!