[1.1.2] Kerbal Attachment System (KAS) 0.5.8

KospY

when it upgraded to the mod for version 1.0 ?? thank you.
Hi all!

Does anyone know where I can get a variety of KAS containers?

EDITED:

Development emphasis is on Kerbal Inventory System. KAS containers are deprecated. If you're adding new containers, use KIS, not KAS.

If you've not used KIS, it's a bit different than KAS. For instance, in KIS, EVERY part can be attached to another; parts don't require the KAS MODULE{} in the part.cfg file. However, parts be attached ONLY by an Engineer who is using a Wrench or Electric Screwdriver.

Edited by Apollo13

Development emphasis is on Kerbal Inventory System. AKAIK, the KAS system is deprecated. If you're adding new containers, use KIS, not KAS.

(As I write this, KIS is not fully functional in v 1.0, but the mod devs are actively working the issues. From earlier discussions, it's gonna be awesome!)

If you've not used KIS, it's a bit different than KAS. For instance, in KIS, EVERY part can be attached to another; parts don't require the KAS MODULE{} in the part.cfg file. However, parts be attached ONLY by an Engineer who is using a Wrench or Electric Screwdriver. This functionality is working in KSP v 1.0. However, the containers are not. Right-click on the command module, and you can load upto 300 litres of stuff into the capsule per Kerbal. So, for now, you can treat the command mod as a KIS container.

my main question is parts. Have all the parts been migrated to KIS? Especially items such as pipe end points and winches?

KIS 1.1 has been released ! :)

I invite all KAS users to download and use it as it will be mandatory for KAS in the future.

The next KAS update will take me some time as I want to adapt it directly to KIS. I do not have any ETA yet, but I hope that will not be too long...

my main question is parts. Have all the parts been migrated to KIS? Especially items such as pipe end points and winches?

The goal is not to migrate all parts to KIS.

KIS is the inventory system, and KAS is the winches, pipes and struts system.

The goal is not to migrate all parts to KIS.

KIS is the inventory system, and KAS is the winches, pipes and struts system.

ah so I will still need to wait for KAS to update for my pipe functionality etc?

I invite all KAS users to download and use it as it will be mandatory for KAS in the future.

The next KAS update will take me some time as I want to adapt it directly to KIS. I do not have any ETA yet, but I hope that will not be too long...

Hope it gets done soon, resources are really making me miss being able to place pipes.

Downloading now. Can't wait for the KAS update.

Thanks for your awesome mods! <3

Awesome! I can't wait for this!!!!, when you get to stage where the core functions are working I don't suppose that you would be able to release it as an alpha would you? KIS is amazing really looking forward to using both together, lots of potential here. Will the current version allow the use of the core functions in Ver 1.0? I assume not as people are saying how desperate they are to get their pipes working again.

Great work as always mate, thanks for all of your hard work!

IDK about yall...but I have silly plans for as soon as KAS is updated!!!

Gonna pick one of the winches and increase its cable length to 18KM. This winch will be mounted in little RCS powered craft. The anchor (or any other suitable weight) will be attacjed to winch cable. THE CHALLENGE:

Get craft into extreme LKO...like 72/72Km orbit. The winch will be extended to lower the weight back into atmosphere...while the RCS body craft will stay in space. The idea here will be to see how long I can keep the craft in a 72x72Km orbit with just minor RCS! It should be lots of fun.....kerbals gonna die if I had to guess =P

THE CHALLENGE:

Get craft into extreme LKO...like 72/72Km orbit. The winch will be extended to lower the weight back into atmosphere...while the RCS body craft will stay in space. The idea here will be to see how long I can keep the craft in a 72x72Km orbit with just minor RCS! It should be lots of fun.....kerbals gonna die if I had to guess =P

I think you might get problems with the loading distance

IDK about yall...but I have silly plans for as soon as KAS is updated!!!

Gonna pick one of the winches and increase its cable length to 18KM. This winch will be mounted in little RCS powered craft. The anchor (or any other suitable weight) will be attacjed to winch cable. THE CHALLENGE:

I think game decide is part of ship in atmosphere or not on center of mas actually controled ship, butt plan is very kerbaly

Hi,

KAS 0.4.10 works quite good with KSP 1.0.2 actually.

I only speak for myself here but, it seems to work for me. Well the containers can't snap on their supports in VAB/SPH unless I flip them upside down, then manually rotate 180°, as stated by other players. But the pipes certainly work for me.

Did a test with a simple rover on which I put 2 small, half-full monoprop tanks I attached to a rover:

1- get my engineer out,

2- detach one of the tanks with KAS & drop it to ground,

3- attach a Pipe End Point on the dropped tank,

4- link this Pipe End Point with the other one I left on my rover,

5- switch back to the rover and transfer some fuel,

6- SUCCESS :D now I can refuel my ships.

I did a variant test with Radial Port Connectors and a winch. Worked like a charm. I could transfer fuel, winch the tank back, eject the connector with the adequate Eject button, even the winch GUI works.

Hey, I could even add the End Point Connector to a female Kerbal's inventory with KIS...

That leaves plenty of time to revisit the ships on which I put some KAS parts with the 0.4.10 version, while enjoyed KSP 1.0.2. When all will be in order, I'll just update KAS...

Thanks again for these great mods, they really serve their purpose!

Snaky

Very interesting, I assume you had to move the KAS grab button out.

Anyway this is very good news, has to try it now.

Seriously missing KAS functionality now that I'm about to start mining.

Tested now and it works.

Unless its some hidden bugs not tested things under timewarp or then not loaded I say KAS works as long as you stay away from the old KAS containers.

Also tested the KAS struts who also worked.

Edited by magnemoe

yep kas works fine from me in 1.0.2.

i was refueling ships and using pipes and struts and all went smoothly,but containers and ground pylon got attachments problems,but they do work fine!

you can still build mks base!:cool: and refuel.

Magnicificent work so far yet another mod thats must have for ksp to be dangerously fun i absolutly cant wait till you release kas for 1.x I use the ground pilons and such for a ton of stuff in all my creations I am SO missing them right now. course all my works need about a million struts to :D