[1.1.2] Kerbal Attachment System (KAS) 0.5.8

KospY

Well, KAS more or less works with 1.0.2, but there is one issue I've found: attaching hooks/connectors in the VAB/SPH to a winch doesn't quite work as expected. You have to place them "upside down" to get the nodes to connect, and then rotate them back around. Not sure of any other issues yet, guess I'll find out as I go.

Well, KAS more or less works with 1.0.2, but there is one issue I've found: attaching hooks/connectors in the VAB/SPH to a winch doesn't quite work as expected. You have to place them "upside down" to get the nodes to connect, and then rotate them back around. Not sure of any other issues yet, guess I'll find out as I go.

Hi. Take my config, https://www.dropbox.com/s/rjrz74u0xq1eq0l/MM_Squad.cfg?dl=0

Put in \GameData\KAS & rewrite.

It fix that bug,

Regards.

To not have to 180 rotate, just go to alt f12, cheats, and tick the not strict part rotation attachment thingy. Hope this helps. Same with KW rocketry btw.

- - - Updated - - -

Last setting in cheat menu.

- - - Updated - - -

The only way to attach the boxes in 1.0.2 is to put them upsidedown, i call bug

Last cheat menu setting.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi,

KAS 0.4.10 works quite good with KSP 1.0.2 actually.

I only speak for myself here but, it seems to work for me. Well the containers can't snap on their supports in VAB/SPH unless I flip them upside down, then manually rotate 180°, as stated by other players. But the pipes certainly work for me.

Did a test with a simple rover on which I put 2 small, half-full monoprop tanks I attached to a rover:

1- get my engineer out,

2- detach one of the tanks with KAS & drop it to ground,

3- attach a Pipe End Point on the dropped tank,

4- link this Pipe End Point with the other one I left on my rover,

5- switch back to the rover and transfer some fuel,

6- SUCCESS :D now I can refuel my ships.

I did a variant test with Radial Port Connectors and a winch. Worked like a charm. I could transfer fuel, winch the tank back, eject the connector with the adequate Eject button, even the winch GUI works.

Hey, I could even add the End Point Connector to a female Kerbal's inventory with KIS...

That leaves plenty of time to revisit the ships on which I put some KAS parts with the 0.4.10 version, while enjoyed KSP 1.0.2. When all will be in order, I'll just update KAS...

Thanks again for these great mods, they really serve their purpose!

Snaky

Look above.

- - - Updated - - -

Plz mention me in 1st page, so everyone can use old mods that have that bug, like kw rocketry an stuff.

I have actually stopped playing KSP for now until KAS compatibility patch is ready. <3 your mod KospY

It works with 1.0. I didn't see any issues, tho I didn't try the containers. I'm using KIS instead, which is what everyone should do because the KAS containers are deprecated.

Follow the instructions on deleting the parts from KAS before installing KIS: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/113111-1-0-Kerbal-Inventory-System-%28KIS%29-1-1-1

Bigtime user of KAS here and I'm happy to hear that it generally works well in 1.0.2 - however, I'm interested in knowing if it would be better to wait for the KIS-based version of KAS.

From what I understand only the conainers are going to KIS and the pipes struts and wenches are still going to be KAS.

Shiny =D Will it be savegame-breaking if we're using the 0.90 parts already?

Well, with the release of KSP 1.0, I want to take the opportunity to do some change for KAS.

As already said, current storage system will be removed and KIS will be used instead, so containers and mount will be deleted.

Winn75 is also working on a new design for the winches, connector and port.

Pipe and connector port will be merged and there will be only two winches (horizontal and vertical/radial).

I recommend to wait KAS v0.5 before starting a new game. However, for people already using KAS in their game for a while, I will release an extra package containing the old parts for compatibility.

Also, a small note : old KAS containers will be automaticlly converted to KIS container (KAS container content will be transfered in KIS container content on vessel load).

Edited by KospY

Well, with the release of KSP 1.0, I want to take the opportunity to do some change for KAS.

As already said, current storage system will be removed and KIS will be used instead, so containers and mount will be deleted.

Pipe and connector port will be merged and there will be only two winches (horizontal and vertical/radial).

I recommend to wait KAS v0.5 before starting a new game. However, for people already using KAS in their game for a while, I will release an extra package containing the old parts for compatibility.

Also, a small note : old KAS containers will be automaticlly converted to KIS container (KAS container content will be transfered in KIS container content on vessel load).

Will that work for other mods that add KAS containers? Such as LLL?

Why not jut merge the 2 mods? I can't play without both of these!

yeah, cant wait for KAS myself. have a sky-crain style cargo lander stranded on Mun because of a dV miscalculation (not enough fuel left to get back to orbit *cry*). Need pipes to refuel it so i can continue building my base. =(

I'm working on the next update for KAS.

Release this week hopefully.

Huzzah! I'm remembering how I built bases before I got KAS, and it wasn't nearly as much fun. I'll just keep plugging away without the old version and install the new version when it comes out.

KAS is MM dependent while KIS is standalone.

KAS doesn't need MM. Granted, it is easier with MM. However, you can put MODULE {} sections directly into a part's cfg file. This does not require MM.

For new users (and old), KAS's storage system is deprecated. KAS is still needed (for now) for the winches, pipes, et al. If you're needing storage, use KIS.

KAS doesn't need MM. Granted, it is easier with MM. However, you can put MODULE {} sections directly into a part's cfg file. This does not require MM.

For new users (and old), KAS's storage system is deprecated. KAS is still needed (for now) for the winches, pipes, et al. If you're needing storage, use KIS.

And without KAS containers you have no need for MM anyway since that was only for adding grabability to parts.

This mod is absolutely essential for career saves where the player wants to emphasize spaceplanes instead of rockets -- especially for live payload returns to KSC. Sure, launching from the SPH you can strap and strut to your heart's content, but to secure it in orbit without KAS struts is literally not possible. I even tried a workaround with Infernal Robotics using pistons as pressure grabbers to hold it still within the payload bay for reentry -- nope.

I took some time on my sleeping time this week to update KAS models and textures to have them ready for next update.

Its something I wanted for a while but then KIS happened :)

Here's a preview :

wR4twlF.png

Edited by winn75