[1.1.2] Kerbal Attachment System (KAS) 0.5.8

KospY

Is it normal for a craft to disappear if you save the game while it's lifted off the ground by a crane? I was moving around some stuff (MKS part, to be specific) on one of my bases with a crane and I guess I forgot to lower something all the way to the ground. When I came back to my save, the crane is there, but the MKS part is gone. Didn't know I wasn't supposed to do that! Oops.

I took some time on my sleeping time this week to update KAS models and textures to have them ready for next update.

Its something I wanted for a while but then KIS happened :)

Here's a preview :

http://i.imgur.com/wR4twlF.png

Nice, merging the two connector ports and the radial winches. I hope the kas struts are supported to.

Looks like I will have to dump the old KAS parts and skip new ones. No big deal but it would be nice to know who parts has to be removed and who could stay in the update note.

I never realized how much I depended on KAS, till trying to play without it.

How am I supposed to build a Mun refueling base, without pipes? XD Using a docking port is so hard to get right, and there's no way to get drills, tanks, and processing, all on one lander, within reason. lol

I freaking love this mod! It should almost be included in the vanilla game. heh

I never realized how much I depended on KAS, till trying to play without it.

How am I supposed to build a Mun refueling base, without pipes? XD Using a docking port is so hard to get right, and there's no way to get drills, tanks, and processing, all on one lander, within reason. lol

Same here... How do I fly with a lander without strut connectors and only docking port Jr.?

Um, You could just load it. The current version has been working 100% fine in 1.0.2 this entire time. I have been using it successfully. Sure you get the warning at startup, but it is just that, a warning.

I freaking love this mod! It should almost be included in the vanilla game. heh

It should be stock. Very much so. It just adds so much to the game. I've never used the pipes much (though they're about the only way to do a few things), but the struts are absolutely essential to building any craft in orbit and the winches are just amazing when it comes to refueling vessels. It's so much easier to fly a ship near a station and have an EVA kerbal grab a connector and plug it into the station instead of all the maneuvering required for docking.

It should be stock. Very much so. It just adds so much to the game. I've never used the pipes much (though they're about the only way to do a few things), but the struts are absolutely essential to building any craft in orbit and the winches are just amazing when it comes to refueling vessels. It's so much easier to fly a ship near a station and have an EVA kerbal grab a connector and plug it into the station instead of all the maneuvering required for docking.
Agreed. I'd go so far as to say that KIS/KAS would be the perfect fit for 1.1: It vastly increases gameplay options, makes EVA's with Kerbals actually useful. Instead of just making missions to Go Places, KIS+KAS gives you things to do once you Get There.

Base construction with KAS is awesome fun, and the ability to actually recover from catastrophic problems mid-mission with an enterprising Kerbal and spare parts is fantastic.

It adds an entirely logical and important part of gameplay that really needs to be there.

Launch a mission to rendezvous with an existing satellite, attach upgraded parts to increase it's capabilities; so much more interesting than scrapping it and launching a wholly new one.

Agreed. I'd go so far as to say that KIS/KAS would be the perfect fit for 1.1: It vastly increases gameplay options, makes EVA's with Kerbals actually useful. Instead of just making missions to Go Places, KIS+KAS gives you things to do once you Get There.

Base construction with KAS is awesome fun, and the ability to actually recover from catastrophic problems mid-mission with an enterprising Kerbal and spare parts is fantastic.

It adds an entirely logical and important part of gameplay that really needs to be there.

Launch a mission to rendezvous with an existing satellite, attach upgraded parts to increase it's capabilities; so much more interesting than scrapping it and launching a wholly new one.

All of these points +10000000000

Why this isn't stock I don't know. If they don't put it in, squad are making a HUGE mistake.

All of these points +10000000000

Why this isn't stock I don't know. If they don't put it in, squad are making a HUGE mistake.

They better focus on a proper 64bit version for Windows and leave KAS in the modder's highly competent hands :D

Good point there.

At least once I can say that on Linux it's so much better. 64bit version working like a charm with all the mods you want :)

- - - Updated - - -

On a side note, would someone be able to list out what is working and what isnt in regards to KAS an 1.0.2 ?

AFAIK it is working OK, the thing is that the 1.0 version of KAS will bring big changes, rendering some/most of your current missions with KAS inoperable or buggy to some extent.

At least once I can say that on Linux it's so much better. 64bit version working like a charm with all the mods you want :)

- - - Updated - - -

AFAIK it is working OK, the thing is that the 1.0 version of KAS will bring big changes, rendering some/most of your current missions with KAS inoperable or buggy to some extent.

Not sure if that will be true. KospY said he will include the old parts in the update as to not break crafts. So you should be able to fly out if you want and swap old KAS parts with the new ones that way. Or just keep the old parts until you are done with them.