[1.1.2] Kerbal Attachment System (KAS) 0.5.8

KospY

At least once I can say that on Linux it's so much better. 64bit version working like a charm with all the mods you want :)

I think i'll install Ubuntu this weekend - tried the Mac version but my Mac is not powerful enough CPU wise to handle multi-part ships :P

I think i'll install Ubuntu this weekend - tried the Mac version but my Mac is not powerful enough CPU wise to handle multi-part ships :P

I can only tell you something about my setup, which is AMD FX-8320 with 8GB of RAM and Nvidia GTX650 on Ubuntu 14.04 x64. Currently I have 41 mods installed taking up 3,5 GB RAM after opening the game (no texture compression).

At least once I can say that on Linux it's so much better. 64bit version working like a charm with all the mods you want :)

- - - Updated - - -

AFAIK it is working OK, the thing is that the 1.0 version of KAS will bring big changes, rendering some/most of your current missions with KAS inoperable or buggy to some extent.

Yes, however you can use kIS and remove the old parts then skip new parts.

U4HzOkP.png

Want to catch an asteroid flying by it at 200m/s?

I added a last minute new part : harpoon.

- Act like a grappling hook with a more compact design.

- Winches and nodes attachable.

- Can be used as landing legs for high speed / slope landing on small ships.

- Rosetta like missions purposed and anything else you can imagine ;)

Coming soon!

http://i.imgur.com/u4hzokp.png

want to catch an asteroid flying by it at 200m/s?

I added a last minute new part : Harpoon.

- act like a grappling hook with a more compact design.

- winches and nodes attachable.

- can be used as landing legs for high speed / slope landing on small ships.

- rosetta like missions purposed and anything else you can imagine ;)

coming soon!

gibs me now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hahahah I knew it... space whales are coming to KSP, arghhh..... Call me Ishmael! :)

Yea but I can't really say if I'd rather harpoon Willy he has modeled there or Moby!

OOOH Edit: The space whale from Futurama!!!

http://i.imgur.com/U4HzOkP.png

Coming soon!

AKA the Kraken hunter!!

My girlfriend is going to be on holiday for the whole of next week. I hope that this is ready soon so I can devote some serious kerbal time!

Too bad Jool doesn't have lots of small asteroidal moons because then we'd be able to use them as gravity slingshots of a sort.

You know, someone is going to try and spear a drifting kerbal with that, lol XD

Too bad Jool doesn't have lots of small asteroidal moons because then we'd be able to use them as gravity slingshots of a sort.

You know, someone is going to try and spear a drifting kerbal with that, lol XD

Actually, asteroids don't really have gravity. Gilly is a massive, massive asteroid and has the smallest of gravity around her. Jool's asteroids wouldn't be half as large as Gilly. Your crafts would have to weight less than a ton to effectively slingshot off of them.

[i think.]

Actually, asteroids don't really have gravity. Gilly is a massive, massive asteroid and has the smallest of gravity around her. Jool's asteroids wouldn't be half as large as Gilly. Your crafts would have to weight less than a ton to effectively slingshot off of them.

[i think.]

Well, it's from the Saturn rukh novel and i think it was actually more to slow down or speed up or change direction. I forget exactly.

Have you seen what this actually does in the game yet? I'm really curious, cause if you're talking about relativistic speeds then that capsule is going to get whipped along pretty roughly :)

This is how I feel at the moment.

Change that to "When is the update..." and we can post this image on like, every thread :P But that would get just as old just as fast. It works well here

Have you seen what this actually does in the game yet? I'm really curious, cause if you're talking about relativistic speeds then that capsule is going to get whipped along pretty roughly :)

Change that to "When is the update..." and we can post this image on like, every thread :P But that would get just as old just as fast. It works well here

Like this?

l8q6y.jpg

This looks like it is going to be a brilliant first time using mods. Because I haven't used any parts mods before. In 0.25 not because that got updated just after I realised how everything worked, and also not in 0.90 because of the memory leak...

But now in 1.0.2, with the help of a mod that disables temp gauges (why memory leaks, why?!) and a dds converter I can finally use all the nice mods without having my game running on a timer 'till death.

And I am pleased to say that this mod is the only one stopping me from playing the game! Wait, no, that sounds wrong. Let me rephrase: your mod is so important to my game, that I am willing to wait for it, even though I have never used it before. That's how good this mod is.

But I think Bill might not feel the same way about that after the "live harpoon demonstration"... Well, someone had to be on the other end of it, right? Right? Don't judge me! It's for science :P

http://i.imgur.com/U4HzOkP.png

Coming soon!

WHAT?!?!?

Oh. My. God.