[1.1.2] Kerbal Attachment System (KAS) 0.5.8

KospY

Want to catch an asteroid flying by it at 200m/s?

I added a last minute new part : harpoon.

- Act like a grappling hook with a more compact design.

- Winches and nodes attachable.

- Can be used as landing legs for high speed / slope landing on small ships.

- Rosetta like missions purposed and anything else you can imagine ;)

Coming soon!

Sweet. Related:

Yea but I can't really say if I'd rather harpoon Willy he has modeled there or Moby!

OOOH Edit: The space whale from Futurama!!!

The proper addition to KSP would be a Sperm Whale and a Bowl of Petunias. :P

http://i.imgur.com/U4HzOkP.png

Want to catch an asteroid flying by it at 200m/s?

I added a last minute new part : harpoon.

- Act like a grappling hook with a more compact design.

- Winches and nodes attachable.

- Can be used as landing legs for high speed / slope landing on small ships.

- Rosetta like missions purposed and anything else you can imagine ;)

Coming soon!

Orbital Drop Pod feasible with this harpoon? I was using grappling hooks before but at 100m/s+ speeds, they tended to break or bounce.

Have you seen what this actually does in the game yet? I'm really curious, cause if you're talking about relativistic speeds then that capsule is going to get whipped along pretty roughly :

My PB is only around 25 - 30m/s for now, so actually no I was just extrapolating (a bit).

It doesn't seem much but this is fast and requires a good timing. I'm not gonna tell how it ended but I wouln't recommend you to do the same IRL ;)

Orbital Drop Pod feasible with this harpoon? I was using grappling hooks before but at 100m/s+ speeds, they tended to break or bounce.

Well, the part has a very high crash tolerance (200m/s) but game physic have limitations so unfortunatly very high speed attachment might be tricky :(

However I did many cool experiments and this part give nice possibilities (as the hook grapple) with a new design without being overpowered.

I'm eager to see what players will do with it :)

Edited by winn75

Seems to me that the most obvious thing would be.. Well, like harpooning whales from ships, only the whales are asteroids and moving slower than your (space)ship.

C'mon guys, I need only this mod to continue my campain. All others are update!!

And this mod is awesome!!!

Bust open your favorite editor, google a C# tutorial, and start submitting pull requests to the repo to fix remaining bugs.

Is there a fix coming for this because the boxes are broken

No. The boxes are depricated, use KIS.

C'mon guys, I need only this mod to continue my campain. All others are update!!

And this mod is awesome!!!

And yet, amazingly this mod works just fine if you install it and ignore the compatibility warning. So install it (and KIS for storage) and go to town. I've been using it a week.

Unfortunately it's not that simple. The next KAS release will change a lot. With new parts, and the biggest change of all: storage modules moved to KIS.

I am aware of that. This release just makes the old KAS compatible with KSP 1.0.2.

Unfortunately it's not that simple. The next KAS release will change a lot. With new parts, and the biggest change of all: storage modules moved to KIS.

Except that it also isn't that complicated. You can already now use KIS for storage so that has you covered for storage even after the KAS update. As far as parts KospY has already stated he will include the old KAS parts so your existing crafts don't break.

Is there any other Mod, that offers the possibility to add Struts in EVA? Like after docking 2 Vessels in Space or something like that. =)

Not in EVA, but there is a strut mod that allows automatic struts when docking... I forget what it's called, though, and don't know if it's working in 1.x.

Not in EVA, but there is a strut mod that allows automatic struts when docking... I forget what it's called, though, and don't know if it's working in 1.x.

Quantum Srruts maybe? Although I recall that you could attach them during EVA via KAS. I think anyhow.

Is there any other Mod, that offers the possibility to add Struts in EVA? Like after docking 2 Vessels in Space or something like that. =)

If robotics rework has something like that i think. Not in eva though.

If robotics rework has something like that i think. Not in eva though.

I think it was Infernal Robotics that had them, actually, the autostruts. You'd put the start/end points, and they'd auto-strut things when you docked.