[1.1.2] Kerbal Attachment System (KAS) 0.5.8

KospY

First, thanks for the good sugestions, but... meh there is no good alternative i think :D

soooo ... i just took these inofficial Hotfix (thanks for that man!) and delete all the container-stuff.

so i use this with KIS for storing the parts.... works like a charm1 :3

And yet, amazingly this mod works just fine if you install it and ignore the compatibility warning. So install it (and KIS for storage) and go to town. I've been using it a week.

Are you able to properly attach everything with correct orientation? That is what I just discovered with my KAS when I attach say a electro magnet to a winch I have to put it with opposite orientation in order to attach to the node (so orientation is reversed on notes for the KAS parts) which makes it useless, as you can't really use any winches nor attach to other ... well stuff

Are you able to properly attach everything with correct orientation? That is what I just discovered with my KAS when I attach say a electro magnet to a winch I have to put it with opposite orientation in order to attach to the node (so orientation is reversed on notes for the KAS parts) which makes it useless, as you can't really use any winches nor attach to other ... well stuff

While I have been using KAS parts, I have been attaching them with KIS. With that I have not had any issues so far. To be fair I have not used the electromagnet. My main KAS items are pipes which have worked fine.

i feel the same as some above me, but i love the transfuring of fuel being able to connect two ships with a transfer line is now super valuble now that mining is stock in the game. im actually waiting on this to do a full playthrew without useing any of the vabs liquid, ozidizer or monoprop, so basicly extreme hard mode XD

Huh, KAS adds contracts?

No. There are now rescue missions that require you to return the stranded Kerbal's spacecraft debris (capsule, hitchhiker container, etc) along with the Kerbal. You can do it with the Claw part you usually use to capture asteroids.

Probably via Claw.

Thanks for that. I wondered how to accomplish those recovery missions using just stock parts. My only solution was using KAS technology. Hadn't even thought of the stock Claw. That makes sense. Forum Rep point to ya for that idea.

No. There are now rescue missions that require you to return the stranded Kerbal's spacecraft debris (capsule, hitchhiker container, etc) along with the Kerbal. You can do it with the Claw part you usually use to capture asteroids.

Or you can just send up a probe with a pod and EVA the kerba over to it. I'ts a lot faster and easier.

Or you can just send up a probe with a pod and EVA the kerba over to it. I'ts a lot faster and easier.

Except you wouldn't complete the contract then. There are now contracts that require you to retrieve the stranded kerbal's ship as well as the kerbal.

Except you wouldn't complete the contract then. There are now contracts that require you to retrieve the stranded kerbal's ship as well as the kerbal.

Right. Which is exactly what I said in my reply. It would be nice if people actually READ the replies.

Probably via Claw.

Yeah, but I tried to grab an escape tower with it and the only thing I've accomplished was to crash into it and push it away. So I was wondering which was the procedure to do it with KAS since, IIRC, KAS winches/hooks or something (besides the pipes) do work as a dock of sorts

Yeah, but I tried to grab an escape tower with it and the only thing I've accomplished was to crash into it and push it away. So I was wondering which was the procedure to do it with KAS since, IIRC, KAS winches/hooks or something (besides the pipes) do work as a dock of sorts

Still getting used to the Squad claw myself, but I think you need to lightly touch the grabable target, there shouldn't be enough force to crash into it and push it away. As far as my understanding goes, I was initially wrong in thinking the claw would impale the target like the KAS grappling hook does. It's a lot more delicate.

- - - Updated - - -

Is there any other Mod, that offers the possibility to add Struts in EVA? Like after docking 2 Vessels in Space or something like that. =)
Not in EVA, but there is a strut mod that allows automatic struts when docking... I forget what it's called, though, and don't know if it's working in 1.x.
Quantum Srruts maybe? Although I recall that you could attach them during EVA via KAS. I think anyhow.
If robotics rework has something like that i think. Not in eva though.
I think it was Infernal Robotics that had them, actually, the autostruts. You'd put the start/end points, and they'd auto-strut things when you docked.

The mod you guys are thinking of was the CIT Autostrutter. Unfortunately it's not longer in development.

Thanks for that. I wondered how to accomplish those recovery missions using just stock parts. My only solution was using KAS technology. Hadn't even thought of the stock Claw. That makes sense. Forum Rep point to ya for that idea.

I have noooo idea what Forum Rep points are, but glad I could help :)

@ People having problems "grabbing" stuff with the Claw. You could try using landing gears to lower your craft on top of the target part, having a Claw radially attached either under your craft or in an upside-down cargo bay.

Just an idea though, not tested it myself.

I have noooo idea what Forum Rep points are, but glad I could help :)

@ People having problems "grabbing" stuff with the Claw. You could try using landing gears to lower your craft on top of the target part, having a Claw radially attached either under your craft or in an upside-down cargo bay.

Just an idea though, not tested it myself.

Also remember the NASA claw has to impact at 2 m/s I think maybe more.

Important query- will the "Nanolathing" tech be left in for electromagnets, or is that going to be put to a different tech?

Nanolathing? When did we get back into Total Annihilation? (Supreme Commander, or Planetary Annihilation for those late gamers)