[1.1.2] Kerbal Attachment System (KAS) 0.5.8

KospY

will it take too long to update?
Probably longer every time someone asks ;']
KospY, Y Its Taking So Long? ;-;

Dude, take a chill pill. Seriously, you did the same on the KIS thread:

is KAS going to be updated to 1.0.2?
Shakes head.... Yes of course, which you would know if you spend even 30 sec in the KAS thread.

KospY, Y Its Taking So Long? ;-;

1. KospY has explained numerous times why it is taking longer than normal.

2. KAS works fine as is, if you don't mind clicking past the incompatible warning popup.

3. A few pages back someone recompiled KAS if you don't like the popup from #2

4. Constantly posting Crap like this every 2 pages serves no purpose other than to probably get this thread temp locked by KospY similar to what Ferram had to do with the FAR thread recently. Nobody wants that.

Squad released 1.0 too early for me, I was even not ready for KIS...

I'm keep working on KAS but I need to do some change in KIS before.

Difficult to give any ETA, I'm trying to fix a major bug remaining, that can take 1 hour or 1 week... (if I not find another one after !).

Integrating KIS is not a small task, the next release will even not use all the KIS features (for exemple grabbing connector will always be handled by KAS), but at least KAS will work with KIS on KSP 1.0. KAS polishing will come next for v0.6 ;)

Meanwhile, you can use the compatibility fix from EOD, but be aware that some parts is removed/changed in KAS v0.5 so you will need to clean up things after (detaching old part one by one).

Edited by KospY

Much as I hate to say it I really hope KospY finishes soon, cause I don't think I can actually successfully BUILD a crane until it's all updated due to me being a talentless nitwit >_>

Much as I hate to say it I really hope KospY finishes soon, cause I don't think I can actually successfully BUILD a crane until it's all updated due to me being a talentless nitwit >_>

I managed to cobble one together with infernal robotics parts to lower a decoupler, and get it to Mun in one piece. but it is annoying to have to put decouplers on all your base modules you want to launch. patiently waiting for KAS to take my designs further =).

I would be able to do this perfect peachy keen if I could A) flip parts over under my own power, B) if laying certain pieces flat on the ground to try and use as a base didn't make them VIOLENTLY EXPLODE, and C) if the parts would line up a lot more evenly.

I managed to cobble one together with infernal robotics parts to lower a decoupler, and get it to Mun in one piece. but it is annoying to have to put decouplers on all your base modules you want to launch. patiently waiting for KAS to take my designs further =).

Sigh. Don't know why people are waiting. I've been enjoying my use of KAS fine in my 1.0.2 game. So has been working fine. Will be even better when it gets updated.

Sigh. Don't know why people are waiting. I've been enjoying my use of KAS fine in my 1.0.2 game. So has been working fine. Will be even better when it gets updated.

I uhh. I kinda implied I HAVE been using it, amigo. I just can't use it to any great effect because I am unskilled at cool designs, and issues mentioned in a post shortly thereafter. I am hoping the full update makes it easier, I am not "not using it until the update"

I uhh. I kinda implied I HAVE been using it, amigo. I just can't use it to any great effect because I am unskilled at cool designs, and issues mentioned in a post shortly thereafter. I am hoping the full update makes it easier, I am not "not using it until the update"

Apologies, but the implication was definitely not clear. I don't know that I'd see the update making it any easier. While KIS is is very cool, it is definitely not as "simple" as the way KAS worked in terms of connecting things. And it has a lot more restrictions with heavy/bulky parts, needing engineers, etc.

Squad released 1.0 too early for me, I was even not ready for KIS...

I'm keep working on KAS but I need to do some change in KIS before.

Difficult to give any ETA, I'm trying to fix a major bug remaining, that can take 1 hour or 1 week... (if I not find another one after !).

Integrating KIS is not a small task, the next release will even not use all the KIS features (for exemple grabbing connector will always be handled by KAS), but at least KAS will work with KIS on KSP 1.0. KAS polishing will come next for v0.6 ;)

Meanwhile, you can use the compatibility fix from EOD, but be aware that some parts is removed/changed in KAS v0.5 so you will need to clean up things after (detaching old part one by one).

Take your time. We aren't going anywhere.

That might be what he's afraid of.

True, admittedly I haven't left my computer desk in 12 days. I keep hitting F5, but I dont want to bother him with all that. I still have a quarter bag of cool ranch Doritos and a half a bottle of mountain dew. My bucket is full though.

For those who are waiting on KAS to be able to refuel vessels, there is a workaround using only KIS. You can store a small Oscar-B fuel tank in a Kerbal's inventory. Attach it to the source vessel; transfer fuel to it; detach it; attach it to the target vessel, transfer fuel; repeat until appropriate amount of fuel is transferred.

Sure, it takes a while, but I was able to rescue a stranded ship that way. It might not be practical to refill large vessels that way, though.

Assuming you are trying to transfer fuel between two vessels that don't have docking ports, I guess another thing you can do is store some small junior docking ports in your inventory, attach them on the vessels you want to link, and make them dock. If they don't have RCS to easily dock, you can also put RCS thrusters, and even some small monoprop tanks in your inventory!

For those who are waiting on KAS to be able to refuel vessels, there is a workaround using only KIS. You can store a small Oscar-B fuel tank in a Kerbal's inventory. Attach it to the source vessel; transfer fuel to it; detach it; attach it to the target vessel, transfer fuel; repeat until appropriate amount of fuel is transferred.

Sure, it takes a while, but I was able to rescue a stranded ship that way. It might not be practical to refill large vessels that way, though.

Assuming you are trying to transfer fuel between two vessels that don't have docking ports, I guess another thing you can do is store some small junior docking ports in your inventory, attach them on the vessels you want to link, and make them dock. If they don't have RCS to easily dock, you can also put RCS thrusters, and even some small monoprop tanks in your inventory!

Yea forget that. too much hassle. I'll just keep using KAS.

i have been using the KAS fuel line for refueling from my mining base on minmus and i haven't had a problem with using it to fuel

the problem i have had though is struts dont seem to be working, i have 3 empty jumbos with empty rcs fuel docked in a line with a tug and it is as much of a wet noodle with 8 struts between each section as with out them, they should be stronger than that yeah?

This maybe a stupid question,

But does the current version of KAS work in 1.0

and what problems should I expect if it does (somewhat) work?

Yes. It will say it is not compatible but you can ignore that. Or get the recompiled version a few pages back.