[1.1.2] Kerbal Attachment System (KAS) 0.5.8

KospY

Hey fella stand-byers... does anyone know which are the parts that will disappear when KAS is updated? That's the only reason I'm waiting for the update. Will it be just the containers?

Thanks!

My understanding from what KospY posted awhile back is that a number of the existing parts are getting model updates, and maybe consolidated into fewer parts. But he also said he would include the legacy parts so we can put them in and our ships won't break. I am actually kind of looking forward to this as I can launch some field upgrade missions to swap out any legacy parts with new ones.

Well from what i see the part people are mostly wanting is the pipes and struts so if they are not getting reworked just use the old version until he updates. <------- P.s. Kinda wondering the same myself!

My understanding from what KospY posted awhile back is that a number of the existing parts are getting model updates, and maybe consolidated into fewer parts. But he also said he would include the legacy parts so we can put them in and our ships won't break. I am actually kind of looking forward to this as I can launch some field upgrade missions to swap out any legacy parts with new ones.

Same here, I consolidate crafts with KAS into LKO, Mun and Minmus base. New ships on long term missions must be manned with enginer or let KAS parts be undocked.

Well from what i see the part people are mostly wanting is the pipes and struts so if they are not getting reworked just use the old version until he updates. <------- P.s. Kinda wondering the same myself!

Were the struts ever fixed? I always found them to be FAR too weak prior to 0.9. They were flexible and the connection points themselves would fall off of my larger ships.

I always used a modified version of Quantum Struts instead.

~Steve

I would be able to do this perfect peachy keen if I could A) flip parts over under my own power, B) if laying certain pieces flat on the ground to try and use as a base didn't make them VIOLENTLY EXPLODE, and C) if the parts would line up a lot more evenly.

hehe I have to use the heavy landing gear to do that. I put them on the torch engines and then after it lands retract gear so far that has been decent. though I strut the dickens out of the underside but thats 1/2 due to reloading phisics while in flight. had one lunar base fall appart in mun orbit due to loading the game. now that half my part count is struts i dont have that issue :D

Were the struts ever fixed? I always found them to be FAR too weak prior to 0.9. They were flexible and the connection points themselves would fall off of my larger ships.

I always used a modified version of Quantum Struts instead.

~Steve

Not sure I never really used the struts.

hehe I have to use the heavy landing gear to do that. I put them on the torch engines and then after it lands retract gear so far that has been decent. though I strut the dickens out of the underside but thats 1/2 due to reloading phisics while in flight. had one lunar base fall appart in mun orbit due to loading the game. now that half my part count is struts i dont have that issue :D

KJR FTW!!!!!!!

Right now, I'm only interested in the pipes. Well, okay, I'm interested in the total package, but at the moment, I'm looking to make an ore/fuel refinery and pitstop on Duna and moving resources around via pipes is key. Is anyone having any problems using them in 1.0.2? No spontaneous base krakens or the like?

Right now, I'm only interested in the pipes. Well, okay, I'm interested in the total package, but at the moment, I'm looking to make an ore/fuel refinery and pitstop on Duna and moving resources around via pipes is key. Is anyone having any problems using them in 1.0.2? No spontaneous base krakens or the like?

Just the same thing, I need the mod to assemble a fuel station.

Then do like has been said on pretty much every one of the last 20 pages and either grab the official version and ignore the warnings or go back in the thread and grab the unofficial recompile that gets rid of that warning.

True, admittedly I haven't left my computer desk in 12 days. I keep hitting F5, but I dont want to bother him with all that. I still have a quarter bag of cool ranch Doritos and a half a bottle of mountain dew. My bucket is full though.

there are ways of dealing with that

Then do like has been said on pretty much every one of the last 20 pages and either grab the official version and ignore the warnings or go back in the thread and grab the unofficial recompile that gets rid of that warning.
Is anyone having any problems using them in 1.0.2? No spontaneous base krakens or the like?

That doesn't answer the question. There's no need to get snippy, here. I wasn't asking "Is it updated? Is it updated? Is it updated?" I was simply asking those who are using the older version if they've had any issues crop up. The implication being that if so, I'll patiently wait for the official update, which I guess I should have explicitly stated.

Sheesh...

That doesn't answer the question. There's no need to get snippy, here. I wasn't asking "Is it updated? Is it updated? Is it updated?" I was simply asking those who are using the older version if they've had any issues crop up. The implication being that if so, I'll patiently wait for the official update, which I guess I should have explicitly stated.

Sheesh...

To answer your question, it is working fine. But there have been numerous people asking if the current version works; sometimes only a few posts apart. Every one of them has gotten the same answer. Some of us are getting tired of seeing the same question asked and answered over and over again from people not reading the last 2-4 pages.

Sheesh...

It's kind of a silly question though. Spontaneous krakens have been a part of KSP since forever. That has been a KSP problem not KAS. I haven't had one yet in 1.0.2 but i guarantee I will at some point.

Fair enough. I did read the past several pages, and while no one has reported any problems yet, I do know from experience with the beta updates that one of the first issues to come up when using older versions of KAS prior to it getting updated was random explosions, particularly with bases. Since mods interact differently with eachother, the element of randomness is a factor, true, but I just wanted to make sure that time spent building a base that could potentially blow up as a result of bad juju between old KAS and other mods might not be better spent doing other things while waiting for the official update. I understand the sensitivity of folks on behalf of the modders. I even chided someone else in another thread for another mod about asking about updates. But you can't let yourself get upset any time someone asks a question, just because it's been obliquely answered 5 pages back. If I had said "So any news about the updates?", I'd expect the pitchforks and it would be my own damn fault. But that's not what I asked.

Not sure I never really used the struts.

KJR FTW!!!!!!!

You sir get extra special cookies, double if you know about the tonganoxi split. I had a miner explode on me because of phisics loading after it filled up with 300k$ worth of ore I am assuming it decided to squish the engines but not sure. have you tried the sr docking ports? i find those tend to slide off craft reaaly easily had to strut them to all my craft :(

Jonrd all my spontanious explosions with 1.0.x were with new stock parts. the parts bay was exploding my craft. had 2 batterys in it and a mini k tank as soon as the launch pad loaded blam i lost my control node that was sitting atop the craft.

You sir get extra special cookies, double if you know about the tonganoxi split. I had a miner explode on me because of phisics loading after it filled up with 300k$ worth of ore I am assuming it decided to squish the engines but not sure. have you tried the sr docking ports? i find those tend to slide off craft reaaly easily had to strut them to all my craft :(

Jonrd all my spontanious explosions with 1.0.x were with new stock parts. the parts bay was exploding my craft. had 2 batterys in it and a mini k tank as soon as the launch pad loaded blam i lost my control node that was sitting atop the craft.

Glad to help, some people frown upon it.