[1.1.2] Kerbal Attachment System (KAS) 0.5.8

KospY

Yay now I can start my MKS bases properly. Never realized just how much reliance I had on the KAS Pipes until I didn't have them lol.

I've got an abundance of RAM.

Going to guess a nice 64bit Linux install? One of these days I am going to get annoyed enough to reformat & rig up dual boot lol

I am amazed you have Environmental Visual Enhancements and Distant Object working together. It's usually choose one or the other. And no Active Texture Management?

Really? :o

I've always used them together and never ran into any issues. Curious :P

Anyway... I think the name is quite self-explanatory but... just out of curiosity (until I get home) is the harpoon literally a "shootable" harpoon? Like... to ease landings, grab stuff, attach stuff, kill ker-- ermmm, I meant monsters, etc?

I could put them to work (or not work, rather - he he he) like the Philae lander, for example? :D

AWESOME!

Going to guess a nice 64bit Linux install? One of these days I am going to get annoyed enough to reformat & rig up dual boot lol

You'd be wrong. Windows 8.1 , KSP 32bit.

I just reinstalled KAS; this time with version 0.5.1, instead of 0.5.0. I'm still having the same issue. Ksp will get stuck loading at "KAS/Parts/cPort1/part/KAS_CPort1".

I just reinstalled KAS; this time with version 0.5.1, instead of 0.5.0. I'm still having the same issue. Ksp will get stuck loading at "KAS/Parts/cPort1/part/KAS_CPort1".

Did you convert the textures to DDS? This sometimes happens to me when I convert textures to DDS in mods that are not DDSified yet.

Converting back and into DDS again usually fixes it, or deleting your Module Manager files (cache, etc... other than MM itself) works for me too :)

Did you convert the textures to DDS? This sometimes happens to me when I convert textures to DDS in mods that are not DDSified yet.

Converting back and into DDS again usually fixes it, or deleting your Module Manager files (cache, etc... other than MM itself) works for me too :)

Nope, I dislike DDS Conversions. It makes my game look like it's been dragged through the mud. I'll try the module manager thing now.

Nope, I dislike DDS Conversions. It makes my game look like it's been dragged through the mud. I'll try the module manager thing now.

I fixed it. My KIS was slightly out of date.

Rofl, I managed to harpoon a kerbal and um, I'll let the image speak for itself. XD

I'm not sure if I should put these in spoilers because it's, well, you know.

screenshot54_zpshzwrdg20.png

Also, bug, when stuck into a kerbal, and while controlling said kerbal, you can't have the kerbal remove the harpoon from themselves. You can from the craft that the harpoon is from though.

screenshot55_zpsvp3kuclh.png

Yea... CKAN needs an update. Just reiterating for visibility.

Since KAS is only distributed via Curse it needs manual intervention with every update. I've submitted a pull request to do that.

Also, most mod authors don't maintain their CKAN metadata, you're better off raising the issue in the CKAN thread or as an issue in the CKAN repositories, after a reasonable amount of time has passed (at least a day) since someone will likely get to it before then.

Edited by zengei

Anyone else not getting audio errors and no wench cable gfx error?

~Steve

what graphics error are you talking about?

Is there a way to increase the eject strength? because it's kind of weak.

Just checking in to say that Jeb and Bill were testing the harpoons and they seem perfectly safe to me.

GtDtt2W.jpg

EDIT:

As a suggestion, it would be really cool if "harpooned" parts would start leaking/losing whatever resources they hold over time...

This would not only add a cool thing to deal with/feature (you can't just go around harpooning your stuff as please) but it would also be... quite interesting... for people with Life Support mods... with things like... let's say......... oxygen.

Edited by DaniAngione

I've only managed to harpoon them in the, well, their equivalent of the groin so far.

With Infernal Robotics and Hullcam VDS, I'm already working on an auto-reloading rotating harpoon minigun with camera aiming :D

Oh, god, I really should go back to... you know... space exploration.