[1.1.2] Kerbal Attachment System (KAS) 0.5.8

KospY

After installing KAS (and KIS), I'm having problems with pausing the game during flight. It seems KAS is overriding the ESC key. Anyone have this issue or know how to correct it? How can I change the keybinding in KAS for the escape key?

The problem goes away if I uninstall KAS.

Other than that, it's fun getting back into KAS and getting to know KIS.

After installingarrow-10x10.png KAS (and KIS), I'm having problems with pausing the game during flight. It seems KAS is overriding the ESC key. Anyone have this issue or know how to correct it? How can I change the keybinding in KAS for the escape key?

The problem goes away if I uninstallarrow-10x10.png KAS.

Other than that, it's fun getting back into KAS and getting to know KIS.

On the main menu, you can go to settings and change the key bindings. But I'm having trouble just STARTING the game because it freezes at KAS/Parts/cPort1/part/KAS_CPort1

- - - Updated - - -

I have Kis aswell, so I dont know what the problem is.

- - - Updated - - -

Never mind, solved it. KIS wasn't updated. :D

Thank you for the update.

My little contribution, textures converted to DDS format.

version 0.5.1

Orginal mbm 8,70 MB (9.125.230 bytes)

Converted dds 3,41 MB (3.585.728 bytes)

Link to Google Drive - Only for next 48h.

>>> Remember to remove the old textures (*.mbm and *.png), they have the same names as those converted to a DDS format) <<<

@ KospY

Please use them in the next update. (or not, your will)

Edited by InsanePlumber

I've got KIS installed, but when I installed KAS all parts disappeared. Definitely a KAS issue, removing the mod brought them all back.

Sounds like an installation issue, as many others have installed both without having this issues.

What exactly do you mean by "Installation Issue"?

Folders in the wrong place under gamedata, or mods copied over instead of deleted first and fresh copied over. Sometimes people have indicated random issues when KSP is under "program files" under windows.

All I can say is that I have both the latest KIS and KAS and still have all my "parts". Losing my mind but that is out of scope of this mod :-)

Folders in the wrong place under gamedata, or mods copied over instead of deleted first and fresh copied over. Sometimes people have indicated random issues when KSP is under "program files" under windows.

All I can say is that I have both the latest KIS and KAS and still have all my "parts". Losing my mind but that is out of scope of this mod :-)

Hm. They were both in the right place, KIS is/was working just fine. I'll re-download everything, make sure I've got only the latest versions of both.

Thankfully, some strange premonition told me to make my first-ever backup of my savegame right before installing KAS. :P

I've been trying to load a IMC 250 container with all the parts needed to built a basic rover, but for some reason I can't drag command chairs to the container. While every object in the Pods group creates a small representation (when right-clicking) of that pod to be dragged into storage, the command chair just hides the cursor, making it impossible to drag it into the storage.

Is this actually a KIS issue and not a KAS problem? This is my first time with KIS and the new KAS.

- - - Updated - - -

I should have checked... It's a known issue in KIS. (http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/113111-1-0-2-Kerbal-Inventory-System-%28KIS%29-1-1-4?p=1927933&viewfull=1#post1927933)

I've been trying to load a IMC 250 container with all the parts needed to built a basic rover, but for some reason I can't drag command chairs to the container. While every object in the Pods group creates a small representation (when right-clicking) of that pod to be dragged into storage, the command chair just hides the cursor, making it impossible to drag it into the storage.

Is this actually a KIS issue and not a KAS problem? This is my first time with KIS and the new KAS.

- - - Updated - - -

I should have checked... It's a known issue in KIS. (http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/113111-1-0-2-Kerbal-Inventory-System-%28KIS%29-1-1-4?p=1927933&viewfull=1#post1927933)

It's actually a known bug in KSP. Icon doesn't show up in the tool tip info.

hey

i've got an issue with the new update, on the main loading screen, (where the patches are applied), it won't charge properly, it's stuck near the end at "KAS/Parts/cPort1/part/KAS_CPort1"

how do i fix this ?

much thanks

i've got an issue with the new update, on the main loading screen, (where the patches are applied), it won't charge properly, it's stuck near the end at "KAS/Parts/cPort1/part/KAS_CPort1"

how do i fix this ?

Based on what people have said before, your version of KIS is out of date.

Ejection force can be tweaked with the "ejectForce" parameter in the winch part.cfg.

Oh, I see why I couldn't find it. I was looking in the cfg for winch1, and winch1 doesn't have that parameter, at least not as of 0.5.1, only winch2.

I have to stick with .4 cause when I switch to .5 it destroys my career save. Turns my save from 4.7mb to 299 kb. All my vessels basically die and say they cant load due to parts that are not related to KAS or KIS cause I have put all my stuff in containers and or destroyed all the KAS parts, and the things it kills don't all have containers, it pretty much just destroys everything. Any ideas?

All my vessels basically die and say they cant load due to parts that are not related to KAS or KIS cause I have put all my stuff in containers and or destroyed all the KAS parts, and the things it kills don't all have containers, it pretty much just destroys everything. Any ideas?

For what is probably the billionth time in this thread - if no parts are being loaded or KSP freezes upon loading, you must install the latest KIS (1.1.4 or later, as of 16/05/15).